Excellent Spread for making a choice

angelwhispers

I found this spread on www.anjastarot.dk called the Tarot Pathways Spread. Sorry if this spread was already posted here, I did a search and didn't find anything but anyway I used it for the first time yesterday and I have to say it was very insightful.

1...past or underlying factor
2...current situation
3...action
4...internal influence
5...external influence
6...outcome
7...action
8...internal influence
9...external influence
10...outcome

Sterlyn

Angelwhispers,
I like this spread, i've been picking up different spreads to work with and experiment with, but this is the first time of run across one that is for making choices, I'm going to put it in my journal and try it out today.
Thanks

[Edited to add] Wow, tried this out with a choice I've been wrestling with for weeks and seeming to only go in circles, pulled this spread on it and Eureeka!! some light shining through. Not like i got a do this or that, more of a pros and cons, and how i really feel about each path. That combination along with the outcome was kind of illuminating in itself.
This spread is a keeper, thanks for posting it.

HudsonGray

I've used this one before, I think I found it over on www.tarotpassages or one of the other tarot sites. It works GREAT, even when you're only partially sure of the choices in front of you (ie: haven't made any final narrowing down decisions). It's a good one to keep in your spreads folder.

I also have drawn an extra card to set by the #6 & #10, as 'warnings to heed' about the outcome. This can give you an expanded view of the results on each path.

It's a keeper!

Trogon

Angelwhispers! Excellent spread! Thank you very much for posting it here. It's in my notebook now.

Hudsongray... thanks for the idea of adding #11 between #6 & #10. Good idea for when the person may need some extra clarification in making their decision.

cheekyminx

Gr8!

Just the spread I was after, more so for the people I read cards for than myself. I shall use this spread tonight when I have time.

Thank you Angelwhispers.

angelwhispers

warnings

HudsonGray said:
I also have drawn an extra card to set by the #6 & #10, as 'warnings to heed' about the outcome. This can give you an expanded view of the results on each path.

I like the idea of drawing an extra card for the outcome as a warning. I drew a clarification card for each but I think I like adding the warning cards better. I'll be adding that to my notes. Thanks :)

DeLani

another layer

This is a very nice spread! I assume one could have more "forks" or paths as there are choices? Ex:

Or would that be too confusing?

jeank74

Angelwhispers,

First of all, thank you for sharing this spread with us. I have just tried it out since I need to make a choice between job hunting and studying. The spread really gives me a knock on the head..very helpful.

Just a question for you, as well as other people how have suggestions for me.....if you don't mind. It is regarding the "action" cards. Should we assign each action before we pull the cards? Does the card at each action place tells us our attitude or feeling regarding that action? If I don't preassign each action and hope the spread can tell me what the possibilities are, can the card still show me the sign what each action should be?

Thank you for your time.

HudsonGray

Yes, I did a 3 prong spread for someone a day ago, she had a choice of staying home, moving to the west coast or moving south. Each state got a line of cards, and each path was distinctly different, especially in how she'd be taking it emotionally (those 'inner' influences were key).

I've 'assigned' the paths before, lets say the left is for work & the right is for home (or whatever), but usually it's just ok to lay them out & see by the action card which is actually which. So I think you can do it either way & get a good reading off it. Mostly I let the action card indicate what the path is. It's usually pretty clear.

angelwhispers

I assigned each path...

Because it was my first time using the spread I decided before I laid out the cards that path 1 would be this and path 2 would be that. It worked well for me. I'm sure you can also add more paths onto this spread too if you want to look at more choices. :)