Four of Pentacles in Love

exxyea

I keep getting the Four of Pentacles when reading about this particular guy. What can it mean with regards to love and relationships?

Zechariah13

I keep getting the Four of Pentacles when reading about this particular guy. What can it mean with regards to love and relationships?

Four of pents? I can't say for certain without other cards, but alone i would say guardedness, defensiveness, or an obsession with a self-imposed structure/order that is detrimental. Overall inorganic, not easy to flow. So, in other words, in romance it could be someone who has devoted all of their energy into keeping themselves from getting hurt, or it could represent someone who has a STRICT guideline of what they want or are looking for and is unable to budge.

BUt thats my 2 pennies

Est

All the above!

Also it could mean someone who is playing their cards close to their chest - they're not going to wear their heart on their sleeve.

It could be someone who finds it difficult to give emotionally.

It could be someone who is waiting for Mr/Ms Right - and *then* they'll let it all go.

It could be someone who doesn't yet realise they need anything or anyone else. Or maybe they really don't!

Maybe they're holding on to 'stuff' (emotional baggage, possessions, old/unhelpful beliefs etc) that they are reluctant to let go of, and which make it hard for anyone else to get up close to them (those Pents are really in the way, you know?)

SunChariot

For me, the 4's are about completion, things are complete with 4=4 seasons, 4 directions (N, E, W and S)...Pents are about our goals for the situation and sometimes the work needed to make them a reality.

Together the 4 of Pents means that you will complete your goals wtih him. Whatever your goals are for you two, you will get to complete them (achieve them).

Babs

Amaterasu

For me it could be about a secure and stable relationship or, taken to the extreme, a possessive and controlling relationship that is taken to the level of obsession.

nisaba

Fours are about stability, and Cups are about emotions.

He's an emotionally stable guy. Not, perhaps the most exciting, but not the most emotionally damaging either. He'll be slow to form attachments, but once he does, he won't change them.

Zephyros

I think it depends on the surrounding cards, for that situation I'd take at least one more clarification card. The four of Pentacles in the Thoth deck shows a square castle implying power, stability and maybe, like others have said here, guardedness and not opening up completely. this could indicate either a good, solid, not too exciting relationship but one that you will be able to count on; or the opposite of that as in some one who is closed to you, not showing you "disdain" but not falling on their knees proposing either.

Another card could show you the context of what this one is trying to tell you. Honestly, I would choose my latter interpretation, since the former does not seem as something that would be so urgent that it would come up again and again. But I hardly have all the information, obviously.

PAMUYA

The Fours are about foundations, stable, things are balanced and secure but with this four it could mean that he is possessive, or has delusions of control. Being stable could mean he is set in his ways, one feels they need to protect themselves. I think of the story Christmas Carol, Scrooge was very much in control, stable and thought he was living a balanced life, thus the statement of completion, they see themselves as in control. Emotionally stable? are we ever really emotionally stable ;). These are my thoughts on this card, for a relationship, love is not in this card, the relationship would have to fit into balance with how he sees the world, something that would be practical.

Thirteen

The Man? The man in love? The man in a relationship?

I'd like a clarification. Are the 4/Pents about the man, or are they about how love with be with this man or are they about how the relationship will be with this man? These are not one in the same.

The man, himself, may be the type to horde, hold-onto, or just invest wisely--but that doesn't mean how he'll be in love and relationships. The man in love may be cautious, not giving anything away--but that doesn't mean he'll be that way once he's in a relationship. The man in a relationship may be very protective or that relationship, for good or bad, even to the point of not letting the other person have friends or go out. But that doesn't mean that is all there is to him, just how he is in relationships.

And none of this has much to do with him if you asked "What will our love be like?" or "What will our relationship be like?" because that 4/Pents could easily stand for both of you wanting to be with each other and not spend time with anyone or anything else. Couples in relationships can be that way, different from how they are apart.

What question have you been asking which keeps getting you this 4/Pent?

Soaring Eagle

In my Vision Quest deck the 4 of Earth (pentacles) is a round shape. I easily associate it with the X Small Medicine Wheel (Wheel) as they look identical. I also associate it with the VIII Balance (Strength) and XIII Transformation (Death). It has all of the elements on it, including spirit/truth.

If it was a general question about a relationship, then the four of pentacles could be suggesting that there is a chance of starting a new cycle in the relationship, but only once you are balanced yourself, and that this new cycle will transform both of you.

It really depends on the question and the position in the spread.