Crow's Magick - II - The High Priestess

Josh

On this card ther is a bird, i am not sure what kind of bird, who is flying, either taking off or landing for prey, there is also either two needle like things or a runway??? I believe this card is trying to tell you to see what is coming at you and you will find what you have always been looking for.

-Josh

annik

For me, I find this bird ressemble a falcon, those we can see in the city and that chasse the pigeon away. With the pikes at each side of this bird, I got the impression it protect it nest.

aaquwaa

Hi,
I'm kinda new to tarot. I have had this deck for a while but haven't used it. Now I'm relooking at it. It is a beautiful deck. The bird on the High Priestess does seem to be a falcon or some type of hunting bird. In fact I imagine if you were a mouse or something that bird would be swooping down to get you. It looks like the talons are getting ready to grip. The bird also seems luminesce or glowing, maybe from the moon.
From the book by Londa:
"A seer or necromancer is an entity that speaks on behalf of others. Necromancy is the art of enlivening magick powers through communion with the dead. Both encounter visions, and express them to others or use them for their own purposes.

The Crow's Magick High Priestess brings you a sense of modern prophecy for the new season of the witch; the chosen ones, the seers, sorcerer's or necromancers. The season has arrived, enticing those of unearthly abilities to come out of their places of secrecy and share knowledge from their gods. Transcending a merciless gate is the first indication of the hawks powers. ( I guess this is a hawk :))
She dons a beautiful feathered casing as a smoke screen to confuse and weaken the invincible, then forces discovery upon them. As enticing as she is, there is a hesitation from recipients; an unwillingness to see past the surface of mundane activities and structure.
DIVINATION: Open yourself to listen to all thoughts and see all visions. You will be shown how to get what you need. Be aware of omens and accept them. Be aware of out-of-the-ordinary experiences and people; they are unearthly messengers. Someone will look in your eyes and fill your soul, if you allow it to happen. (I really like that part.) You will be shown how to find the treasures for which you have been searching.
REVERSE: Blind. Unreasonable. Shortsighted. Thinking in the short-term instead of the long-term. The answers to your problems are obvious."

After typing this in and really reading it, this card kinda reminds me of those movies where the Indians go into a spirit or see a message from a spirit in the form of a bird or creature, oh well just my thoughts. Thanks for making me appreciate this hidden treasure of a deck. :)
Aaquwaa

Josh

Glad to have you in our group and we hope more will join also!!! I am really glad i started this group.

-Josh

aaquwaa

I'm glad you started it too. I'm sure more people will join. I was looking at your previous post. I too would like to know what that symbol on the magician is, and the one on the High Priestess. I looked ahead through the deck and that symbol is also on the justice card. I tried looking on the internet but can't find anything like it.
aaquwaa

scorpio

Hi group!

I was wondering if you guys had seen the moving interview here at AT with Londa Marks, it really is interesting click here on learn, then interviews, scroll to interview of Londa Marks by Darryn Varey.
There was a local article in the newspaper a few years back about how common strange incidences of birds around the deaths and funerals that brought hope and comfort to people, the deck reminds me of this connection.

Rhiannon SW

yes I bought this deck because as I mentioned before in another thread I was visited by a crow about 3 hrs before my dad passed over. It was definitely there trying to give me some comfort or message that my dad would not suffer anymore.
I guess I should take the deck out again and take stock of it.

Glad I saw this again.

Rhiannon SW

I just got the book that goes with the deck. It definitely will be a deck I use more now that I have read where Londa was coming from at the time. I drew strange things and everyone thought I was weird and a witch ( Still Am ) My art work got very dark in my teens. I really relate to her state of mind and her talent.
In my daily spread I pulled the HPs as my family and friends issues
I need to watch for and listen for oppurtunities and listen to my psychic intuitions.