Music & tarot correlation?

canid

Does anyone know what card(s)/combinations could signify musical aptitude; singing, playing an instrument, composing, etc.? I've been thinking about this for a really long time & I'm stumped. The Star? With the 3 of Pentacles? The Magician (manual dexterity)? What would piano be? Flute? Drums? Any thoughts?

Maelin

I don't see any specific card being music - unless it is the trumpeters in Judgement. Within RW - the fool seems a natural musician - at least a folk musician. The Magician an arranger or conductor, the Moon for Jazz? The hanged man, definitely a protest singer - In the minors, musical aptitude would be the craftsman cards - the 3 and 8 of pentacles.

fire queen

4 of wands: Two dancing people should be dancing to some good music should not they?

fire queen

The fool in my Robin Wood deck plays the flute

fire queen

3 cups: A girl band?

Lynny

The 8 of pentacles...

To me it indicates a craft or skill, such as playing or composing music. Maybe...

Woodsong

Good question -- I agree with the others regarding the Pentacles -- music being a craft requiring dedication and practice.

Certainly, you might consider cards strongly affected by emotion -- perhaps a Knight of Cups?

canid

fire queen said:
The fool in my Robin Wood deck plays the flute

I play flute! And that deck's on my wish list...

blackairplane

Judgement or 3 Cups.

canid

blackairplane said:
Judgement or 3 Cups.

Judgement does it for me, thanks so much! Duh. And I was 1st cornet in the Salvation Army church band when I was a kid. (But there were only 3 cornets in the band, so that's not saying much.) Three of Cups is good too & now that I 'get it', Judgement's my instrument/music card. Depends on what's around it that determines the environment; celebration (3 Cups), melancholy, funereal march, etc. Hmm, wonder what card would portray playing my flute in a local bar with a 70's/blues band? My teacher invited me to debut on flute with his band but I don't think I'm good enough...