I just got the Faeries Oracle!!

Namaste

diane drizzy said:
"Fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy night!"

Only kidding Namaste, you'll really love them. It's a deck that I enjoy so very much.
Let's put it this way although there are some cards I like more than others, there are none I don't like. They make me happy,think, and put things in perspective.

Hmmm... that sounds interesting. :) I admit there is one that I really disliked, but can see that it is the challenge I must face. It really is quite a new experience dealing with an oracle versus the tarot, but I am savouring it one slow step at a time.

I look forward to learning about the Faeries from all of you. :)

Namaste

sagitarian said:
Dear Namaste,

Oh how wonderful! Welcome to the fae side of the forum. This is where I mostly live at here :D!
Again, welcome to the fae, and please do share and post your least favorite, favorite and universal cards. Look through this forum and share your faery tales with us all! We're a captive audience over here, let me tell ya...lol.

Thank you so much for your welcome, sagitarian! :)

Life is so interesting. I never thought they would come to me like that, but I have the deepest respect for them (having always believed in them), and can feel my own wings unfurling a little.

How wonderful to have the skill you have, which allows you to read for others, and that you do this as part of your life!

Universal cards are still a new concept to me, but the favourite/least favourite have already appeared (although I had difficulty choosing between my two favourites).

I am happy to have found others who are willing to share in my exploration of Faery with me! :)

Namaste

ScarabFlight said:
I just had to hop on and ride along with this thread, I too just got the Faeries Oracle!! Wow. I'm so excited! The cards are so beautiful and the book is amazing! I haven't got to do the dancing yet, I'll have to wait until my husband goes out or he may think I've finally gone over the edge. lol Then again, he may not even think twice about it. heehee

I'll be prowling around along with the other Faery (or would that be Fae?) newbies. :D I look forward to being here.

That's great, ScarabFlight!

I've only had my deck for a two or three days and am definitely new to the Fae. I am glad I am not the only neophyte. :)

Wisp Wings

Welcome to our two newest newbies! I really hope you have as much fun with the fae as the rest of us do. Life will never be the same once you become used to having them and reading from them. We all have our favorites, our so-so, and our least liked of the deck. As with life, where it is constantly changing and we grow and share in different experiences, so does the fae that we are drawn to and also just to the fae that will reveal more direct information to you. Thus just be open to them and to whatever they wish to share with you. I honestly believe there is more layers to them than there is to Tarot to peel back layer after layer of.

I will share a prime example of this layering, briefly. I had done a spread a few months ago and it was on finding a home to buy. We had concentrated our search to a different area than originally looking and wasn't having the best of luck. One card, one of my so-so ones, came up and really did a big amount of talking. It was #42 - Myk the Myomancer, reversed. Man, since that reading and all that he shared, I love this guy! So much was told. To hit lightly on it all, he share to sniff out the deal. LOL, his nose literally pointed and told me to direct our search in the direction of it, like a map 'you are looking here, but you need to look there'. There was more, but long story shorten is we looked to the northeast of the area was considering and we found a great deal! If you read the book and what is said about his card reversed, this all applied too. This home that we've found, wasn't paid attention to. I had seen it before, but the price was too much, after his talking and my following up on the direction, this one was reviewed again and it had sinced dropped in price that was great for us.

It isn't long that even the ones you least care for, you just need up loving them all and then when you add your life and the way the share to help you.... words just can't say enough on how endearing they become to you.

Enjoy the path, your walk, the discoveries and the journey ahead!

Namaste

Wisp Wings said:
Welcome to our two newest newbies! I really hope you have as much fun with the fae as the rest of us do. Life will never be the same once you become used to having them and reading from them. It isn't long that even the ones you least care for, you just need up loving them all and then when you add your life and the way the share to help you.... words just can't say enough on how endearing they become to you.

Enjoy the path, your walk, the discoveries and the journey ahead!

Thank you so much, Wisp Wings, for sharing your experience. I truly believe they called to me. The faeries just saw me standing there trying to find the other fairies and said, "Take us with you!" :laugh:

I have such a good feeling about them. Like you say. It's as if I have all these invisible companions flittering and hopping around me. I look forward to hearing their eloquence, and letting these other children of the Earthly Mother help me in my life.

I look forward, also, to reading Froud's and Macbeth's definitions of the cards, which I haven't yet done; not to speak of reading the experiences, advice and insights of people like yourself who have been the in the company of the faeries for much longer. :)

ScarabFlight

Thanks for your welcomings!

Namaste, I too was in the bookstore when the faeries told me to take them with me lol. I also feel really connected to them and can't wait to get to know them better.

Soooo, I spent the day yesterday making a bag for the cards. I had so many ideas running through my head! Some were really good and some were well, kinda crazy and although they were valid ideas they just wouldn't have worked as well. I was reading through the biographies last night and when I read Luathas' bio I had to laugh! That is where all those crazy ideas were coming from. Now I don't feel so bad about not using all the ideas. :D

I guess that was my first experience of listening to the faeries. (other than the "BUY ME!) ;)

sagitarian

Welcome Scarabflight, into your first few steps into getting to know the fae. So happy to another join our forum. Don't forget to post your favorite and least favorite and universal cards. There are a lot of things to read up on here. We love to hear stories about your individual journeying, so please do share with us all that you are willing to share about your faery experiences.

Sagitarian

Namaste

Welcome and Universal

ScarabFlight said:
Namaste, I too was in the bookstore when the faeries told me to take them with me lol. I also feel really connected to them and can't wait to get to know them better.

Welcome, ScarabFlight! :)

It's like becoming acquainted with special people. Their bios are so interesting. :)

Originally posted by sagitarian
... universal cards...

I haven't yet read through the whole book, and I'm sorry if I sound a little obtuse, but what are the 'universal cards' sag?

:)

sagitarian

Re: Welcome and Universal

Namaste said:
I haven't yet read through the whole book, and I'm sorry if I sound a little obtuse, but what are the 'universal cards' sag?

:)

in the book, it has seperate excercises to do to first get to know the faeries. One of them is to turn all the cards face down and then you pick a card out. this is your universal card, it's a faery to bring you a message from the universe, what the fae want you to know right now. The book explains this excercise much better :)!

Namaste

Re: Re: Welcome and Universal

sagitarian said:
One of them is to turn all the cards face down and then you pick a card out. this is your universal card, it's a faery to bring you a message from the universe, what the fae want you to know right now. The book explains this excercise much better :)!

(You explain it very well, dear sag). :)

LOL... I think I did that exercise without registering that it was the universal card. If I'm not mistaken, I think it was Taitin the Sylph, urging me to think outside the box (?)