Year Spread Idea

punkangelgcm437

The idea I came up with is really long and takes all 78 cards, so this probably isn't for everybody or for even myself, but I thought it was cool so here we go.

There are 78 cards right. And there are also 12 monthes. 12x6=72. That leaves 6 extra cards. So the extra cards equal the number of cards for each month.

So pick 6 the cards you wanna focus on, like Lovers for love life possibly, soul card, money, or anything else in the deck. Then shuffle the remaining 72 cards. Then lay them in 12 columns...each representing the monthes of the year, and lay 6 cards in each column. Representing the 6 cards you picked before, in the order you picked them in...so like lay the 6 cards you picked up at the top and make sure you have them in the order you want, possibly of importance.

I would try to show a layout picture but I dont think the space is big enough to have the row right and it would look messed up.

If yall wanna try it, go for it, but I think it's too big for beginners. I also think this would work better if you didn't use reversals.

Two of Wands

I think it's an interesting idea, although I'm not very clear on it. Could you explain it again step by step and perhaps suggest how you might then read it?

punkangelgcm437

Re-explain

I'm sorry I wasn't very clear first time around so lets try this again.

Step 1) Pick 6 cards that you wanna focus on, to like represent what you want to know about for the year. So like let's say you wanna know about love, the Lovers card or Ace of Cups might be good choices. So pick those 6 cards and lay them in a row on the top of where you're going to do your reading.
Step 2) Shuffle the remaining 72 cards and think about the 6 choosen cards.
Step 3) Lay the cards out. I figured out 2 ways in which you can lay out your cards. They are both in 12 columns (representing the monthes Jan-Dec.), but the order you lay them is different.

Idea 1: Jan*****Feb*****ect..
*******1*******2******3****
******13******14******15***
And lay the first 12, 1 card in each column and continue like that til you use up all the cards...*or*

Idea 2: Jan*****Feb*****ect..
*******1*******7*******13***
*******2*******8*******14****
Lay the first 6 cards under Jan, the second six under Feb, and continue month by month.

I think either Idea would work.

Now here's the math behind it. There are 78 cards in a regular deck. There are 12 monthes, and if you put 6 cards under each month 12x6=72. 78-72=6. Both the number of cards to focus on and the number of cards under each month are 6.

Two Of Wands...Does this help at all?? It's kinda hard to explain, it would be so much easier to show. If it doesnt, just reply again and I'll have to think of some way to make it more visual.

Two of Wands

I'm starting to get the idea, it does sound quite good actually! Might be nice to get the whole deck out once a year! :)

DeLani

another idea

That sounds like a really fun thing to do on new year's or on your birthday!
Maybe for a general reading, you could use the four aces for the four areas of your life, and The Fool and The World. Or your Soul & Personality cards.
Of course, I believe that the farther ahead in time you try to predict, the less and less accurate you can be...like predicting the weather. Too many variables and choices.
But I am going to try this next new year's.

punkangelgcm437

*Score*

Score! I came up with something other people like ::and the crowd goes wild::

:)

Hope yall have good luck with it.

And Delani, the aces idea sounds pretty cool, might be better than just choosing other cards.