Palmistry Study Group : the Heart line

Alissa

The heart line begins beneath the pinkie finger and travels towards the first (Jupiter) finger, usually in a upward sweeping path.

One of the first things I notice when reading the Heart line is whether it's joined to the fingers. If it is, this is a person who relates well to others, is probably not shy, and in general can emotionally attach themselves to others with a certain amount of ease.

Those whose Heart lines do not meet the fingers are usually withdrawn emotionally, and would probably call themselves "guarded" when it comes to their personal relationships. They may also have difficulty expressing their own emotions to others.

The ending point usually falls in line somewhere between the first and second (Jupiter and Saturn) fingers. If it ends right between the two fingers, it is a sign of a very emotionally balanced person.

If it ends under the first (Jupiter) finger, it's usually a sign of an emotionally idealistic person, or (in my own experience) a sign of someone who is overly concerned with "fairness" in relationships. What I mean by this is they may be the type who hold every action and reaction in a relationship on a scale and are overly preoccupied with "balancing" issues. (Example, "I picked up dinner, therefore you ought to ...." kind of statements). They are always "pointing," in other words.

If it ends beneath the middle (Saturn) finger this is traditionally a sign of a more emotionally selfish person. I see it very differently though. The Saturn finger, to me, is a real power finger. There's no doubt we understand that in our verbal hand gestures. People with Heart lines that end here are often "power freaks" in relationships, they feel they have to always maintain control, or the "upper hand" in any relationship. They are also usually very guarded people, in my experience.

A shallow Heart line is indicative of a person who does not allow themselves to feel things "deeply." Conversely, a deep line indicates a person with deeply felt emotions. Sometimes you'll see folks with lines that look *etched* they're so deep. These can be overly emotional to a fault.

Chains on the line indicate times of emotional detachment. If the chains are large enough to suggest themselves as being "islands," this indicates a person who "shut down" or emotionally withdrew significantly at certain points thus far in life.

A fork on the Heart line is an indication this person is able to see "both sides" of emotional matters when dealing with them.

Those with tridents or lots of branches on the Heart line may be overly swayed by their emotions, and others' opinions of what they should do, emotionally. It's like they have too many inputs coming in, too many views always being considered.

I find that if many branches reach down, towards the Head line, it's a sign of someone whose emotions "live in their head." They may be inclined to analyzing emotional matters in a more intellectual way.

Dark Eyes

Excellent thread Alissa,
you are working very hard with these threads, and I congratulate you on your efforts. Wonderful reading, and they should definitely help aspiring palmists to get a really good footing and get them well and truly on their way.
Again, well done. I will give it some thought myself, if I can add anything, I will.
Best wishes D.E. :)

Alissa

My heart line is changing....

I know I've mentioned it before, but it is damn odd when you see your own palm lines changing, once you've really stopped to pay attention to them for a goodly while.

And my heart line is changing! :D Previously, my heart line has a fairly typical fork towards the first (Jupiter) finger, an indication that one can see both sides of an emotional issue (as a Libra, this fits me to the bone).

And, beneath my first finger, I have had a teacher's square. Actually, a square of 4 squares, indicating one who takes on the role of a teacher in several different aspects.

NOW! My teacher's sqaure lines have grown (in both directions!) and now reach the fork, extending the fork until it travels well beneath the first finger. It's fascinating! At this point, it almost reaches so far that it connects back to the source of my heart and life lines!

:D It's just so amazing to me!

I tried to take a picture of it, but my digital can't handle that fine of detail.

Just thought to share here in the Heart line thread. :)

Dark Eyes

Hi Alissa,
That is amazing ! I find it fascinating too that our lines on our hands do change, and sometimes quite noticeably.

This is a wonderful aspect of the human body and of course the human hand, and is a great way of assuring others that no matter what they have got written in their hands, there is possibility of change in the future if it is their desire to change.

Broken lines can repair, new lines can form,short lines can get longer and even the set of your fingers and the angle of your thumb can change.

This is one of the positive aspects of hand analysis I use, it has given so many people hope and strength.

I'm glad you brought this up Alissa, it is a wonderful subject that others should be aware of.

Sounds like you are going to be a much more extensive teacher in the future !
Blessings and best wishes
Dark eyes.

p.s. Alissa, did you read the thread about the curse that was predicted by a palmreader? I couldn't believe it. I think it was in divination forum. You may want to check it out.

:)

Alissa

Dark Eyes said:
Sounds like you are going to be a much more extensive teacher in the future !

p.s. Alissa, did you read the thread about the curse that was predicted by a palmreader? I couldn't believe it.

I don't know how to interpret my line change yet, but that sounds like a good interpretation to me. My heart line is now connected to the head and life lines, so maybe I'm taking steps and actions to unite these things in new ways? This fits too.

I just dunno yet. I've only seen one other person who had a heart line like this, with a fork that's nearly 1 inch long. I just find it very, very interesting to see what my hand is up to.

And yeah DE, I saw that curse post. It made me laugh. Hocus pocus, gimme your money. (Curses, real ones, effect the cursee much more than the cursed, that much I know).

amyel

Alissa, when you talk about where the line ends, how do you determine where it ends when it is forked right at the very end and both fork ends stop in roughly the same area? In my case, the split of the fork starts (therefore ending the single heart line) directly under the Saturn finger. But the forks both end between the Saturn & Jupiter finger. So when doing a reading, which point would be considered the end of the heart line? BTW, both the description of the Saturn & mid section end points describe me farly well. I *do* like to be in control of my emotions and emotional relationships, but I also see both sides of an emotinally charged situation, too. Sometimes, too much so.

Alissa

amyel said:
Alissa, when you talk about where the line ends, how do you determine where it ends when it is forked right at the very end and both fork ends stop in roughly the same area? In my case, the split of the fork starts (therefore ending the single heart line) directly under the Saturn finger. But the forks both end between the Saturn & Jupiter finger. So when doing a reading, which point would be considered the end of the heart line?

It's hard to guess without visually seeing, of course, but if I'm picturing this right, you have a Heart line that terminates in an equal length fork, yes?

In this case, I would say this person has difficulty, indeed, with distinguishing their emotions from other's, because both are "equally weighted" in deciding matters of the heart. They give both the same amount of importance when deciding emotional issues.

Where is the end line? I usually interpret the line, or fork branch, that's closest to the finger line as the top, or terminating line for the Heart.

(And, that's funny about your 3rd finger issue showing up ;) ... it's one of those things I just picked up on, and have found extremely accurate when reading!)

amyel

Alissa said:
It's hard to guess without visually seeing, of course, but if I'm picturing this right, you have a Heart line that terminates in an equal length fork, yes?
Yep. Both point upwards between the first & second finger, but stop at roughly the same "vertical level", if you will.

Alissa said:
In this case, I would say this person has difficulty, indeed, with distinguishing their emotions from other's, because both are "equally weighted" in deciding matters of the heart. They give both the same amount of importance when deciding emotional issues.
I never thought of it that way, but yeah, that sounds about right. When I used to call my mom and tell her about a bad relationship or some other matter of the heart, she'd often comment one of two things (and usually both): "Yes dear, that's a great, detached analysis of the situation, but how do you *feel*???!!!!" and/or "I'm not interested in hearing your interpretation about how *they* might feel, I want to know how *you* feel". tee hee....

sagitarian

braided line

I've been studying palm reading as of late (and this is awesom sis, thank you!), and read my husband's palm. All of his lines, including his heart line is braided. His heart line is etched pretty good, but not "deeply" if you know what I mean. However, it looks as though his heart line is braided, as there are tons and tons of criss crossed lines within it, but they never go out of the main line. It's as if there is no one line, but the line itself is made up by these intricate braided looking lines. Now, he's only 1 out of 3 people that I've tried to read so far, so I did my best with interpreting this, and would love another view on it.

With his braided heart line, I said that he is very detailed oriented in all ways in his life, including his love life. Everything feeds into each other sorta speak, and you pay attention to those little details, no matter how little they may seem. It makes a difference to you. Also, you're a perfectionist, not so much you have to be right, but you feel the need to be clear in your communication with your lover, as well as, you need to be understood within those fine details. However, this can lead to a lot of arguements over what your partner will feel is trivial or nothing. You are very very emotional, and love means a lot to you, wether it be family, friends or even religion. To love means a lot to you and anything you do love, no matter how insignificant it may seem, it will be given its recoginition by you if no one else. (Now that I think about it, it seems like the hippie tree huggin and loving kinda person, which fits him, ok, well he doesn't hug trees, but he does in his heart).

What are some other intepretations of "braided" lines or is my husband just an odd ball (which fits too LOL)?

Alissa

amyel said:
Yep. Both point upwards between the first & second finger, but stop at roughly the same "vertical level", if you will.

amyel ...

Cheiro also writes any line ending with a strong fork, "gives greater power to that line" (p.75). Example, a head line fork "increases the mentality" (ibid).

In this case, Cheiro's technique suggests a forked heart line would be a sign of someone wielding great amounts of emotion, and/or emotional power.

(I find this very intereresting, given my growing Heart line fork as well! It was something I had overlooked in my research previously.)