Rainy Day Decks

Morwenna

I want something a little dark and spooky. Bohemian Gothic. Just like an old scary movie with thunder and lightning.

Ooo, I love that image. (It's reactions like that that make me wonder why I never got on the BG bandwagon...) If I were to go with dark and spooky on a thunderstorm night, it would have to be the Vargo Gothic; it's the spookiest deck I own. But through most of this thread I was thinking of daytime. Thanks for broadening our horizons! :)

EmpyreanKnight

If I were to go with dark and spooky on a thunderstorm night, it would have to be the Vargo Gothic; it's the spookiest deck I own.

I agree very much that the Gothic Tarot by Vargo is very apt for dark, stormy nights. The very thought sends delicious chills down my spine. It doesn't spook me too much tho - it's like one of those old Universal/Hammer monster movies one likes to curl up to on rainy nights, with some yogurt and a bowl of nuts to keep one company. Yum!

Morwenna

I agree very much that the Gothic Tarot by Vargo is very apt for dark, stormy nights. The very thought sends delicious chills down my spine. It doesn't spook me too much tho - it's like one of those old Universal/Hammer monster movies one likes to curl up to on rainy nights, with some yogurt and a bowl of nuts to keep one company. Yum!

And all the lights out, except for the screen. :) Well, reading cards (as opposed to watching a movie) you'd need to do it by candlelight. Even if the power stays on electric lights just don't cut it in this case!

TarotCasper

Hanson-Roberts because it's warm and cozy.

Barleywine

And all the lights out, except for the screen. :) Well, reading cards (as opposed to watching a movie) you'd need to do it by candlelight. Even if the power stays on electric lights just don't cut it in this case!

Well, maybe, but there's something creepily compelling about sitting on a metal chair at a metal table in a bare, claustrophobic cube of a room with no doors or windows and a single naked electric bulb dangling on a frayed cord from a cracked and peeling ceiling, and trying to read with this deck:

http://www.albideuter.de/html/baphomet.html

It's positively "Clive Barker" in its potential!

Morwenna

Well, maybe, but there's something creepily compelling about sitting on a metal chair at a metal table in a bare, claustrophobic cube of a room with no doors or windows and a single naked electric bulb dangling on a frayed cord from a cracked and peeling ceiling, and trying to read with this deck:

http://www.albideuter.de/html/baphomet.html

It's positively "Clive Barker" in its potential!

Brrr! :bugeyed: All I know is, I wouldn't do it! Too depressing!

Glass Owl

On rainy days I sometime find myself reaching for the Darkana or the Ceccoli and other times I want something light to cheer me up.