for those of you w/Mermaid tarot

catti

the Mermaid spread

what do you think about the spread provided in the LWB from Lo Scarebo's Mermaid Tarot
i like the layout but to be honest the properties of the positions i still dont understand.

****3********************8*******
**1****2*************************
*********4***5*****6*****7*******

see it looks like a mermaid; very pretty no?

"1 current situation
2 abilities and strongpoints
3 the question being examined , which could get out of the querents control

4 weaknesses, bad habits. The querents revealed and submerged stomach
5 the influence of others, the aftermath of old problems
6 how the situation could develop negatively without the necessary actions
7 which boats must the querent rock, what can be done , what must not be done
8 summary. The last card sums up the meanings of the other cards- what is obvious , what is hidden- guiding toward the end"

Now i still need to practice this, and make it working and not just theory but how can a card both represent what is obvious and what is hidden? how can a card be what must be done and what must not be done all at once. I read it in Spanish , English and then Italian to see if it was translation, maybe it makes more sense in German or French?

Frequency

Let me try my hand

The Osho has a spread where in the celtic cross it asks for 9) to be "Desires/Denials". It just means it could be both I think.

catti

hopes /fears

desires /denials....that works for me how something you want can be something you fear....
just confused about a position that means what can be done/what must not be done

i would guess one must be fluid when working with mermaids

btw i ended up using this spread for your spread in your readings - i 'll post later, but it worked! i think....

catlin

Reminds me of the old saying "Be careful what you are wishing for unless it becomes true."

Aerin

I've come across plenty of times when people have really desired something, and have also either denied they want it or denied the thing to themselves. I've done it myself.

For example, say someone says they want to give up smoking. But there they are, still going at it strongly. What do they get out of the smoking? Often they deny there is anything important... and yet there they are. One woman got a whole lot of positives connected with feeling like a rebellious teenager whenever she lit up, important to her yet she wanted to deny it.

Or else there is the person who feels guilty for wanting something, and somehow manages to sabotage themselves every time they are near to getting it. The holiday my mother never quite manages to take for example. More extreme, the person never ever admits wanting the thing..... scared to perhaps in case the act of saying they want it means they don't deserve it/ won't get it.

The other thing that I've seen is when someone wants something yet is scared of getting it .... Catlin's saying. It's like the act of wanting it somehow defines them so when they have it they lose some part of themselves.

Aerin

catti

so do any of you like / dislike the spread?

after another week of working with it I am getting more accostomed to wether to use the neg or pos interpretation , but i need to post my readings to get feedback! today is the day for that ( or more likely the night 0

visually i really like the spread and it seems to be "working"

thank you for your iinput everyone.
catti

Tuwikaa

Mermaid Tarot

I was recently gifted with this deck. I am doing my first reading with the LWB divining method key. I was looking for other spreads and this one fits the best with the question being asked and the situation. Posts about this deck were from a few years back. Peace