Personal Report Card or How am I doing?

WalesWoman

I was trying to think of ideas for exercises or things of that nature, just for the fun and challenge of practicing readings with out stressing over how it might affect anyone. Which made me wonder at my level of Tarot proficiency and life in general, since I realize I'm not exactly an overachiever and definately not a definition of success. one thing led to another and the next thing I knew was this spread came out.

The card layout reminded me of an apple and almost cracked me up, it wasn't a preconcieved idea, it just happened.

x x x 8 x x x
4 x 5 x 6 x 7
x 1 x 2 x 3 x

Personal Report Card for ______?

1. What is my level of progress?
2. Where am I proficient?
3. Where am I blocked or failing?

What do I need to take the next step to reach ________?
4. Spritually?
5. Emotionally?
6. Physically?
7. Mental/Intellectually?

8. Where will this lead to?

How could it be worded better, to make it answer questions, rather than raising more? Or maybe it's fill-in-the-blank to fit the areas you want to know about, i.e., take the next step in my education or relationship or career or to achieve some goal? So if anyone has suggestions to improve it or make it more specific, please feel free to jump in. I did do a reading using this spread to try it out and thought it was pretty right on, being a Leogomaniac, who knows?

It would be a lot of fun if any one would like to try it out and do comparisons and interpretations with each others spreads, so I don't know exactly where to post this, here or in your readings or reading exchange.

Jenny-Li

Hm. I really like this idea! I may check it out for myself and see how it turns out. As you may have seen from my thread yesterday, I am very out of practise, but this seems like the kind of spread that I could do for myself without actually feeling very lost, more as a way of spending time with my cards!

I like it just as it is, not too specific - that's perfect.

I may even use it for the friends who have asked me for readings lately, it's open enough for general readings.

Thank you for sharing!

//Jenny :)

Jenny-Li

Hi!

Tried it this evening, and really enjoyed this spread. Most spreads focus on a "problem", but this one doesn't. You can detect a problem if there IS one, but there doesn't have to be a conflict, not necessarily.

You mentioned you wanted to see other readings done with this spread, I've posted mine (very long...!) in the Your readings-section, here:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24204

Again, thanks for sharing this spread!

//Jenny :)

WalesWoman

Jenny-Li,
I'm glad you like this and tried it out. I'll check it out and post mine on the same thread.
Thanks!

Pipistrelle

Just wanted to say that I tried this spread this week and I think it's fantastic - the card positions work in contrast to each other really well and I got a good overall picture of where I am right now, which is what I really needed!

So thanks, WalesWoman :) (even though I realise you made this spread ages ago.....)

Pip

furiana

cool spread idea!

Yeeeears later, I find this spread and think it's awesome! :) I tweaked the positions to fit my memory of my elementary school report cards. The spread's pretty similar to the original, although I changed the groupings and made the outcome card into another advice card.

x x x 1 x x x
2 x 3 x 4 x 5
x 6 x 7 x 8 x

Personal Report Card for ______

1. Grade level
(level of progress, overall)

This was always at the top of our report cards. :) Just as grade level (grade 1, grade 2, etc.) showed how far we were along the educational system, this position shows how far along the current cycle you are.

This could be major arcana, showing which archetype you're working with now; I assume that the next major in the series would be your next level too. If that's true, then a minor would show you where you are in a suit, and the next number in that suit would be your next stage or lesson. (I wonder if this would work in practice! :) )

If you've done a cycle spread recently -- one that shows you where you are -- then you might be able to shuffle just those cards, and pick one to see where you are in that cycle specifically. All the rest of the report card spread would describe your progress through this particular cycle, about whatever issue the cycle spread was about.

2-5. individual classes
(spiritual, emotional, physical, and intellectual progress, as in the original spread)

Next, the report card would have our grades for each class or subject. These positions work the same way, with each position representing one area that you're working on.

6-8. Teacher's comments
(where you're proficient, where you're failing, and how to improve)

Finally, the teacher would tell us how we were doing that year, all subjects considered. That's how I see the last cards in this spread, too. I prefer "how to improve" over "where will this lead" since it's more like a real teacher's comment, although an outcome card could work.

horiya

thanks

very helpful

inanna_tarot

Just found this spread whilst hunting... will definitely be trying it out :D