The Emperor as a man's feelings for a woman

Sade

I'm not quite sure.
It doesnt strike me as romantic but there does seem something solid about it

- He wants to build a life with her?
- He wants to father children with her?
- He wants to protect her?
- He wants to control her?
- He wants to 'conquer' her and make her his?

all of the above????

Does anyone have any other suggestions please?

(I also asked if they would hear from him soon and got the page of cups which I took as a yes)

re-pete-a

You've described him well, do you like being owned,Dominated??

theblackscorpio

Maybe he has fatherly feelings? There are men, who feel like the woman needs some sort of guidance, and he wants to do it, because he loves her, maybe the woman is much younger than him, which means, he can give good advice on, say, retirement insurances, mortgages, all that sort of things. And that he will do it out of love.

[EDITED TO ADD (oops, hit the button too soon...)]
Maybe find out, if these things come with a good energy, as in he does this out of love for you, or he does it, because he has a need to control, or thinks, it is in his right to "father" you.

Lula Jing

I sometimes see the Emperor as all the Kings rolled up into one - so he could have a romantic side to him, despite outward appearances perhaps, possibly being strict or firm, definately in charge, but not without feelings. :)

memries

Authoritarian, autocratic, possibly pompous. He loves him and you love him so everyone is happy.

Guess who is first on his list ?

Teacups

theblackscorpio said:
Maybe he has fatherly feelings? There are men, who feel like the woman needs some sort of guidance, and he wants to do it, because he loves her, maybe the woman is much younger than him, which means, he can give good advice on, say, retirement insurances, mortgages, all that sort of things. And that he will do it out of love.

Maybe find out, if these things come with a good energy, as in he does this out of love for you, or he does it, because he has a need to control, or thinks, it is in his right to "father" you.

When I was 22 I married a man 48. This may SEEM like a good idea at the time, but once you've outgrown the guy, then he's just a domineering control freak. Now, looking back with wisdom of experience, this draw would sum up the relationship as it was at the time, and I'd never ever suggest to anyone that it would be a good relationship.... that is... if this turns out to be the case for your querant. (just my cautionary 6cents)

Grizabella

I agree with asphodel and memries. :)

While it may seem really safe, warm and comfy with a man who dominates you, in the long run the safe, warm and comfy wears off and it becomes very oppressive and stifling.

Sade

Thank you so much for the replies!
You all have given me a different perspective

They all make sense and I suppose what might look attractive/secure/solid at first could possibly turn out to be like a trap in the long run.

I guess an Emperor rules

So this card would say if you must get involved then proceed with caution and keep some type of independance.

(Mariah Carey's first marriage is springing to mind)

Thirteen

Sade said:
So this card would say if you must get involved then proceed with caution and keep some type of independance.
You might also want to ask what type of woman this is and what her feelings for him are as well. If she's an Empress than she can certainly handle and want and Emperor, as his power is her power and they can rule together.

The "Emperor" feelings that a man has for a woman can work if they're want she wants, needs and can handle.

thinbuddha

To me, when I first read "The Emperor as a man's feelings for a woman" I translated this roughly in my mind to "How does he view her?" In other words, he sees the Emperor's traits within her- is she possibly domineering? Does she offer structure that is lacking in his life?

Just a thought- I'm not sure if that was the original thrust of the question or not.

-tb