What Faeries live in your home?

Alissa

I just got Brian Froud's Good Faeries/Bad Faeries and am agog at all the faeries around me.

Some I've known for years, others are new to me. But I thought I'd mention some unique ones of mine, in hopes that some of all of yours would want to get acquainted :D

Gnome-elves are the ones I'm really most familiar with. I call them that, but the word is really like "gnomelves" in their language. Also called home elves, and home gnomes. They're the Borrowers, the ones who live in your home and borrow things all the time. They are particularly fond of Carmex (a type of lip balm) as I have yet to finish a jar or tube yet since they always take them first. I don't know *what* they do with it, but I think it's industrial :D

You will rarely notice that they've taken something, since they're good at picking up the kinds of odds and ends that you don't notice disappear -- like barettes, half-used lighters, hair rubber bands, Carmex, amongst many many other things. If you DO happen to find they've taken something, you can call out to them aloud, asking specifically that they return it as you've noticed it's gone and you really need it back. A day or 2 later, it will inevitably turn up.

My husband believes in the laundry faeires ... the ones who magickally pick up your laundry, wash it and fold it for you so it's always there fresh and clean for you each day. (I haven't had the heart to break it to him that it's actually me this time, not the fae, so don't tell him).

The Faery of the Capricious Hunger is a mischievious little sot. He is the one who gives you bizarre hunger pains at 4 a.m. and wild, impossible-to-fill cravings, especially those that are dirty or disgusting, like licking potatoes. Menstruating and pregnant women are especially prone to his caprices. He seems to delight in making fun of the fact that as humans, we need to eat, and that They (as Fae) do not.

Just about everyone has found out by now that Microsoft has secretly bred a race of Gigobyte Gnomes and sent them out to live in mother boards around the world. These gnomes start out pretty alright, but eventually they get hungrier and hungrier as the computer's memory begins to shrink. Then, they turn into Gremlins and start eating everything in sight. This causes chunks of things to disappear in your computer. Nasty buggers ... and the only way to fix them is to get new computers with plenty of fresh crystalline memory for them to munch, and therefore keep them at bay. Not easy on the pocketbook.

I was amazed at the number of Faeries who hid in the spinning wheel I just acquired. Once assembled, the elegant spinning wheel now purrs when treadling. The slight breeze that the wheel gives off when it's turning swiftly will lightly blowly your hair back from your face. And, if you let yourself, you will feel spining wheel faeries pull back your hair as they flutter and hover in the breeze that you make, drifting and watching as you draft fluff into yarn. To them, it is a gentle alchemical process, changing the nature of something, that they really like to watch, but have no use for themselves.

The Coin Roll Faery is another who made me laugh recently. This is the faery who decides which way something will roll if you drop it, much like the Buttered Toast Faery decides which way your toast lands. Often, he decides to roll under the couch or cabinet. Sometimes, he rolls it back to you! The other day, the little devil, he did BOTH to me. I dropped a milk cap and it rolled beneath the cabinet (groan, eye roll) and then rolled back on out and to my feet (wild grin of delight~!) :D And I know he does this just because he thinks it's funny to see our reactions. For me, he thought it was hilarious to see BOTH reactions for a change.

There's only one particularly unsavory Faerie I've ever met thus far. The Faery who lives in Salvia Divinorum (a shamanistic plant). He was not particularly nice and was pissed I found him. It smelled strongly of wet forest leaves where he was, dank and decaying, and I knew it was the Mexican forest where the plant had been harvested from. I thought to myself, "Oh my god, is this it?" ["It" meaning the vision, "It" meaning the Faery world, "It" meaning enlightenment]. The Faery sneered and mocked me," 'Is this it?' 'Is this it?" Is that all you humans ever have to say? Go away.... you bore me." And he pushed me out and I came right out of it.

Personally, I don't recommend you go visiting him, myself. Not a hospitable chap in the least. He made sure I felt a little nauetious all the rest of the day from the journey too, blech :(

Last, but not least, are the Dog Faeries. I have always been a dog person, so I'm familiar with Dog Faeries more than others. I'll leave it to the rest of you to tell me about yours and your pet's.

One dog faery that has been particularly sweet to me is the Faery of the Outed Dog (this doesn't translate right, I will try to explain). This is the Faery who gives a dog the inclination to stay put or to run away when an inside-dog finds himself suddenly displaced outside (lost, locked out, etc). Twice, my dog Angel has been helped by this Dog Faery, who made sure to keep her safe and return her to us. Unfortunately, this same Faery will also give a dog the wild-nose inclination and make him chase after every wild new smell, unable to hear your calls, and they just go until they are lost beyond all recognition (as happened to my sister-in-law's dog, Elvis).

The other Dog Fae I've noticed is the One who gifts certain dogs with the ability to catch food in midair. Angel, who has been with the Outed Dog Fae, can't catch food in midair -- it will hit her in the nose first. But my Dalmatian sure can!!

And what about all of you? What Faeries do your homes contain?

Jewel

My home is primarily comprised of the Gnomelves ... they took a Play Station game book a couple of years ago and my husband still blames my cat *LOL*. Unfortunately my Gnomeleves do not return things. I think it is primarily because my husband will not acknowledge their existance ... hence it is always his stuff that goes missing *ROFLMAO* ... if he ever acknowledged them I am sure they would return all his stuff.

There are also ofcourse the sock-faeries ... the ones that take socks from the dryer and make them vanish. I think these live in every laundry room in the world. Again they never return the socks (even mine).

The animal-lover faeries ... these are the ones that continually get the attention of our children (pets that is ... 2 cats 1 dog) ... all of a sudden you will see the three of them shift their attention to one point and then go check out the area thoroughly. You know they have seen something you have not.

I am sure there are more in my home, but they are yet to fully reveal themselves to me.

Trillium

Fairies at my house

My friends sometimes accuses me of getting possessed by the fey. Normally a very quiet reserved person, I once found myself in a public park wearing a pine limb like wings and skipping.

There was also the time that I was meditating during a camping trip and 6 or 7 butterflies landed around me and stayed until I was done. I didn't notice the butterflies but my friends took a picture.

Trill

Mystica

Alissa, I've often wished for those laundry Faeries that your husband refers to. Even before I ever got the Faeries Oracle, I would tell my husband that we really needed to be visited by Laundry Faeries. After all, someone needs to take those clothes out of the dryer!! ROFL

Jewel, I do think my 2 dogs have their Faeries too, they have that habit of staring intently at something that I can't see.

I'm also very familiar with the Sock Faerie!

HudsonGray

No faeries here, just 4 fur challenged little trolls who eat about $30 worth of food a month & shed everywhere. My sig other calls them cats, but I beg to differ. One habitually connects to the dark side on a regular basis.

truthsayer

in my home it is a dog troll. this odius critter sneaks to the cats litterboxes, takes a few cat "cookies" out as a snack then leaves a few in the living room for my husband and i to find. of course, we always blame the dog but he always swears to that great dog house in the sky and the holy hambone that it wasn't him. who else could it be but the dog troll?

then there's ear ring fairy. she loves to tote off one of a matching pair so i can't wear the set any more. we can't forget the lottery fairy b/c w/o her we might have savings in the bank. she is not to be confused w/ the pied piper even though there are veritble similarities. i once believed in the clean dishes fairy until my husband told me the cold hard truth that he was tired of being the only one washing them.

what about the clutter fairy? i swear she follows me around tight enough to be a second skin b/c everywhere i go things just seem to pile up and/or fall into the floor.

Jewel

HudsonGray said:
No faeries here, just 4 fur challenged little trolls who eat about $30 worth of food a month & shed everywhere. My sig other calls them cats, but I beg to differ. One habitually connects to the dark side on a regular basis.

*ROFLAMO* thanks for the chuckle! Do tell more about this troll that connects to the dark side habitually ~giggles~

napaea

There was also the time that I was meditating during a camping trip and 6 or 7 butterflies landed around me and stayed until I was done. I didn't notice the butterflies but my friends took a picture.

Trill

trillium: anyway you can show us this picture on here? i would love to see it! i had a butterfly land in my hair and stay with me as i walked once, but not several at a time! what a treasure!

as for me and my faeries...

i'm hoping to get this deck for Christmas! but i know i have the gnomes you are describing here!
things always go missing around here. oh it's not just that i lay it down and forget where i put it. because even things that have their own place just end up "hidden" underneath something else, or in another room, or in a strange place like a weird drawer you would never put it in.

a psychic told me several years that this was going on in my life (which it was) and that this was the event that got me interested in metaphysical stuff ( i don't know about THAT, but it was rather interesting and confusing to me at the time)

so yes, i am always looking for something that i just had and is now missing. last year my book went missing, "Mudras, Yoga in your hands" or something like that. i'd been wanting to get it out and use it again, i need to do some of these mudras quite badly, but have looked everywhere for the book and can't find it.

there is also some faerie ( or other, i don't know yet) that one of my cats likes to talk to at night. he just meows away at this guy, and my cat isn't a big talker, so i know something is around when he starts chattering.

anyway, glad to hear about all your faeries alissa!

Alissa

napaea said:
i'm hoping to get this deck for Christmas! but i know i have the gnomes you are describing here!
things always go missing around here. oh it's not just that i lay it down and forget where i put it. because even things that have their own place just end up "hidden" underneath something else, or in another room, or in a strange place like a weird drawer you would never put it in.

i'd been wanting to get it out and use it again, i need to do some of these mudras quite badly, but have looked everywhere for the book and can't find it.

anyway, glad to hear about all your faeries alissa!

Oh I hope you *do* get the deck napaea and then tell us all about your own experiences, if you do, ok ok??

I know what you mean also, by finding things in totally random places it would never be. And this was BEFORE I had a child, and things showed up in weird random places all the time :D (like they often do now).

And how could I have forgotten to mention the baby's Newborn Faeries. All newborns can see faeries, and they usually look at them as they nurse, or lie on the changing table -- staring over your shoulder and perhaps smiling a "gas" smile. The faeries come and make silly faces at the new babies, and just love to see them and be with them.

To them, they are recently landed angels. They are much the same, innocent.

Silkin

Well other than the sock faerie . which I am sure everyone has a version of we have a few others here That I know are about :)

There is one individual that is more elemental elf like that sits and hugs People occasionally

I have a closit sprite who comes out to play with Peoples hair in my Office / Sewing room ..

There is something in my lounge that hangs in a high Corner of the room that my Daughter Plays with ( he is 18 mths)

There are quite a few in her Room as well they are healing energies with them as everyone whos stressed or not well if they go sit in her room they feel better :)

Out in the garden a few have decided to move in as the Plants are finally thriving even in Drought ( im in au)

OH & then of course the Borrowers ... thises take from time to time a few articles & I have toask for them back before I get it either that Or I find if its desperate things return as they can see how much I need it .. Usually in an Obvoius Place Like in the middle of a Bench or on a table ..

:) Silkin

Generally we dont have to many of the not so nice Fae as I clear energy in the house fairly regularly