six of pentacles RX as where someone is in a relationship..

claira justine

are they the one being taking advantage or is it them whose not giving anything?

minrice

6 Pentacles rx representing someone in a relationship?

In that case I would say that the person is holding back. It would depend if other cards were near it, but by itself I don't know if I would assume they are holding back for purely selfish reasons. Perhaps it is just practical not to give of themselves at the time. Say, if the relationship is new for instance. But if the 6 Pents rx is paired with the Devil then yes, perhaps they are holding back and being manipulative. Also, we can only give what the other person is willing to receive. So if the card is reversed, perhaps the will is there (and again other cards might help out) but the other person isn't accepting the gift.

To see if maybe they are being taken advantage of in the relationship, I'd do a reading/pull cards for the motives of the other person.

starrystarrynight

I would say he may be thinking only of himself while feeling he isn't getting all he deserves.

Thirteen

claira justine said:
are they the one being taking advantage or is it them whose not giving anything?
Not giving anything isn't quite it. It's more like they're not being generous and open-handed with what they're giving. They're not giving freely and from the goodness of their heart...either that, or they're not taking what is being given very well.

So either the person is grudgingly giving or grudgingly receiving. If this is an established romantic relationship, then the first thing I'd guess is that this has to do with the sex--one person is doing all the giving, one all the receiving, and one of them is beginning to resent this. If it's not the sex, then it may have to do with living arrangements, who is paying the rent, paying for meals, or gift-giving. Like one person always gives gifts and the other does not. Either the gift-giver is getting angry that they give thoughtful gifts but never get any from the receiver, or the receiver is getting annoyed that the giver always presents them with gifts, even though the giver knows the receiver hasn't the money to reciprocate.

claira justine

Thirteen said:
Not giving anything isn't quite it. It's more like they're not being generous and open-handed with what they're giving. They're not giving freely and from the goodness of their heart...either that, or they're not taking what is being given very well.

So either the person is grudgingly giving or grudgingly receiving. If this is an established romantic relationship, then the first thing I'd guess is that this has to do with the sex--one person is doing all the giving, one all the receiving, and one of them is beginning to resent this. If it's not the sex, then it may have to do with living arrangements, who is paying the rent, paying for meals, or gift-giving. Like one person always gives gifts and the other does not. Either the gift-giver is getting angry that they give thoughtful gifts but never get any from the receiver, or the receiver is getting annoyed that the giver always presents them with gifts, even though the giver knows the receiver hasn't the money to reciprocate.

so its giving but expecting something in return.. is it like you are in love with the person but you're not going to tell that person of fear that it wont be reciprocated? and you ended up being with someone that loves you but you dont love?

claira justine

starrystarrynight said:
I would say he may be thinking only of himself while feeling he isn't getting all he deserves.

this was the first thing that came to mind when i drew the card.. kind of defensive and protecting himself..

claira justine

minrice said:
6 Pentacles rx representing someone in a relationship?

In that case I would say that the person is holding back. It would depend if other cards were near it, but by itself I don't know if I would assume they are holding back for purely selfish reasons. Perhaps it is just practical not to give of themselves at the time. Say, if the relationship is new for instance. But if the 6 Pents rx is paired with the Devil then yes, perhaps they are holding back and being manipulative. Also, we can only give what the other person is willing to receive. So if the card is reversed, perhaps the will is there (and again other cards might help out) but the other person isn't accepting the gift.

To see if maybe they are being taken advantage of in the relationship, I'd do a reading/pull cards for the motives of the other person.

this make sense to me and seem to speak of the character of the person i drew this card with.. thank you

Thirteen

claira justine said:
is it like you are in love with the person but you're not going to tell that person of fear that it wont be reciprocated? and you ended up being with someone that loves you but you dont love?
Which relationship are we talking about? The one where you didn't say anything, or the one where you're with someone you don't love?

The relationship where you didn't say anything, with 6/Pents rx is one where the person can't say, "I love you!" with no expectation of anything in return. Giving doesn't happen because the person can't just give that away. They can't be generous with it.

The relationship where you're with someone you don't love, is 6/Pents rx because there is no give-take of real love. Love can't be given or received because there is none to give.

claira justine

Thirteen said:
Which relationship are we talking about? The one where you didn't say anything, or the one where you're with someone you don't love?

The relationship where you didn't say anything, with 6/Pents rx is one where the person can't say, "I love you!" with no expectation of anything in return. Giving doesn't happen because the person can't just give that away. They can't be generous with it.

The relationship where you're with someone you don't love, is 6/Pents rx because there is no give-take of real love. Love can't be given or received because there is none to give.

thanks for explaining this further to me.
the querent i drew this card for is involve in both situation.. thanks thirteen :)

WalesWoman

I love Rachel Pollacks take on 6 Pents RX in a relationship... basically it's not bad enough to leave, but not all that good so no one is really there, just co-habitating, staying in it because it beats not having a relationship at all. It isn't the happiest of relationships, there is a staleness and stagnency, but no one is really willing to put more of themselves into it and will take everything they can get out of it.