Water in emperor card?

arya ishtar

I have an "original" rider waite that has the background all orange. Have seen others with a small stream flowing behind him. My question is this: was that blue in the first printing? Which one was most true to pixie's vision? Was it blue in that?

rwcarter

Yes, there is a stream near the bottom of the Emperor card in my Pam B. (The stream starts in the High Priestess and runs through many of the early Majors if I remember correctly.) I'd have to check the color in my Pam B and Pam D when I get home.

Rodney

rwcarter

I have an "original" rider waite that has the background all orange. Have seen others with a small stream flowing behind him. My question is this: was that blue in the first printing? Which one was most true to pixie's vision? Was it blue in that?
The river is brown in both the Pam B and Pam D.

Minnie

The river is brown in both the Pam B and Pam D.

How do you know if you have a Pam B or Pam D? I have 4 riderwaite decks in total the mini Rider Waite and there is a blue line at the bottom of each side of his throne is this the River ? I have the same blue line below the mountains in the radiant Rider Waite , and also in my other deck which is a little bit bigger than the mini one . My other deck has a brown line at the bottom i think this is the original Rider Waite .
Sorry if my post comes across as confusing .

Abrac

The A, B, C, and D are old decks going back to 1910. Holly's Rider-Waite Site is a good place to start. The link is for a page that briefly explains the differences. There are more links on her site. There's also been a lot of past discussion here about them. :)

Minnie

Thankyou for posting the link abrac it is amazing i have saved it to my favourites .

Richard

The Abyss between the Emperor's throne and the Supernal Triad is blue in the Smith-Waite Centennial and the Albano-Waite. (The Emperor looks as if he would enjoy kicking anyone's @$$ right over it into the mountain of Wisdom, provided they are ready for the experience.:D)

Attachments

• abyss.jpg
    abyss.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 130

arya ishtar

Yes, there is a stream near the bottom of the Emperor card in my Pam B. (The stream starts in the High Priestess and runs through many of the early Majors if I remember correctly.) I'd have to check the color in my Pam B and Pam D when I get home.

Rodney

was that a typo? was the first supposed to say pam A or pam C? or was that second "pam B" a typo?

Richard

Yes, there is a stream near the bottom of the Emperor card in my Pam B. (The stream starts in the High Priestess and runs through many of the early Majors if I remember correctly.)......
The Abyss crosses the Paths of The High Priestess (II), The Emperor (IV), The Hierophant (V) The Lovers (VI), and The Chariot (VII). It is visible in The Chariot, The High Priestess, and The Emperor, but it is out of sight in The Lovers and The Hierophant.

Aeon418

(The Emperor looks as if he would enjoy kicking anyone's @$$ right over it into the mountain of Wisdom, provided they are ready for the experience.:D)
The Demiurge (Ruach - Ego - I) is unaware of the existence of that mountain. As far as he is concerned the Supernals do not exist. Getting out of the box just isn't his (sic) fourté.

But there's always Hope that one day he will see the Light, learn a little humility, and Feng Shui his throne to somewhere more appropriate. ;)