The Primary Deck Reflections 2009 Sign-up & Discussion Thread

firecatpickles

Hi Sulis,

I thought blogging would be better for this exercise so that we could avoid input from others if that is what one wants. This way it is more like a diary ("reflections") than a "study" per se.

For those who want input I imagine they would want to post their readings in the Your Readings Forum.

ETA: In the spirit of the "one Deck Wonder" and "Intensive Deck Study" Threads I posted it in Talking Tarot and not Your Readings.

Gazel

Hello Sulis
I guess I'll be writing aboutthe same in my blog as I will be posting in the Aeclectic tarot Forum - like I did while doing the Sacred Days of Yule Spread.

Jyscal

Hi K.k. I was wondering if i could post a study thread alongside my readings one. What id like to do is focus on one or two cards per week depending if i have enough time for two and then post my results in my thread. Sorry if this question has been answered before.

Gazel

Gazel said:
Hello Sulis
I guess I'll be writing aboutthe same in my blog as I will be posting in the Aeclectic tarot Forum - like I did while doing the Sacred Days of Yule Spread.

Hmm. I guess I have been a bit self contraditory. As to what I'll write where.
What I can say, is that I will write both here and on my blog. Approximately but not necessarily the same.

KarlThomas

Kilted Kat said:
Great, I will add you to the list.

I think Alta answered this earlier here:

I can keep the index in Post #2. All I ask is either post a Link to each (weekly) reading here so I can update that Post regularly.

Well, she did and she didn't. She's telling the policy right now. I think there is simple potential for people in a year long study to post closed threads where no comments are invited, or open, and add to them as they like.

Perhaps the site real estate can be found in the study area instead of the "Your Readings" place.

Its just a thought and to be frank I'm benefitting from your blog position. It got me to do blogsettuphasslework I had been avoiding, very appropriate to a new year of study.

I've got my first attempt up this morning.

souljourney

Kilted Kat said:
Welcome, everybody!

souljourney, an oracle deck would be fine as this is a "Primary Deck Study" :)

Dreamwalker, souljourney and Nina*, let me know what deck you are going to be using whenever you can.

Off to read some entries!

I'm going with the Pathfinder's Card. Wonderful animal oracle. :)

Myrrha

Sulis said:
Could I just ask, is there any reason why this needs to be done in blogs? Why not on the forum in the various threads that are going to be indexed (as the IDS was)?
The blog thing is really putting me off - I know when I come to Aeclectic I want to stay on Aeclectic, not be diverted off around lots of different blogs.

I see what you mean. OTOH for myself, I'm sometimes going to want to write up a reading and sometimes going to want to write about how the cards make me feel or some information I've discovered about what they mean or what mythologies and stories they contain. It would be great to be able to do that all in one place. Sometimes I might start with part of a reading and move into reflection or study for the rest of that piece of writing. I would rather not have to worry about being off topic or making more work for the mods.

If there was a section of AT for "journals" where it wouldn't matter if it was a reading or a bit of study or some other kind of writing that would be different. One of the other forums I'm on has a section of blogs right there in the forum although not many use it.

Sulis

Kilted Kat said:
Hi Sulis,

I thought blogging would be better for this exercise so that we could avoid input from others if that is what one wants. This way it is more like a diary ("reflections") than a "study" per se.

For those who want input I imagine they would want to post their readings in the Your Readings Forum.

ETA: In the spirit of the "one Deck Wonder" and "Intensive Deck Study" Threads I posted it in Talking Tarot and not Your Readings.
Thanks K_K for explaining :).

KarlThomas said:
I think there is simple potential for people in a year long study to post closed threads where no comments are invited, or open, and add to them as they like.
Hmm, I'm going to have to put a damper on this I'm afraid. Threads which are closed and no comments invited would make it more like a blog or a personal diary and not like a forum at all..
We've been asked about journal threads before and Solandia has said no - sorry.

Sulis - Talking Tarot co-mod

firecatpickles

Jyscal said:
Hi K.k. I was wondering if i could post a study thread alongside my readings one. What id like to do is focus on one or two cards per week depending if i have enough time for two and then post my results in my thread. Sorry if this question has been answered before.

That is an excellent idea. You can easily link the two by inserting the url address for your Study Thread in the Readings Thread you create (ETA) and vice versa.