Rider-Waite-Smith Study Group

Genny

I'm in..Hehehe, really i don't know which arcana should i start studying. I hope this can help get an idea. I recently found one and i probably use this one if ever i can get to do tarot reading one day

Fulgour

You've got a Birthday near, and...

Talisman said:
I just come to this forum to read. Lot'sa great stuff here.
Pamela Colman Smith's birthday is coming soon too:
February 16, 1978 ~ an Aquarius (but of course!)

Study Groups and sub forums are great ~ but as a group
we have the benefit of sharing each other's company! :)

Let's throw a Party for Pam and have everybody be here!

archer1

Count me in as well

mccrary

Is this still a ongoing or future event? Cause, as a restarting student, I would definately contribute and enjoy a study group.

So, sign me up on the dotted line.

The_Star

Just do it....

Ophiel said:
Forgive my ignorance in this, but how do we get started? Should I get a clipboard and petition, stand in front of my local library, and collect a certain number of signatures or something?

Just do it! Start a thread. Pick a topic.....
If you build it they will come! :)

matchyg

Study Group

Hi,

I'm interested in a study group as well, I just purchased the raider waite deck, and I'm doing the 3 card spread. I don't really understand what each card is suppose to represent. I'm actually quite confused in what the 3 card spread is suppose to represent, I thought it was the past present and future. Does anyone know a good book I should get?

Jade.

Fulgour

Hi :) Jade! For a 3-Card spread I like the 2-1-3
First card in the middle, second left, third right.

Rather than get 'locked in' to position meanings
I use general indications:

1) Situation
2) Background
3) Prospects

That way the cards can combine and show you
what they mean together, with nice interaction.

Eden Gray is the best author to get to know for
learning this deck ~ she has everything it takes.

Best Wishes!
~Fulgour

simeys

hey count me in too (please)
much love and light

Fen Windglimmer

matchyg said:
Hi,

I'm interested in a study group as well, I just purchased the raider waite deck, and I'm doing the 3 card spread. I don't really understand what each card is suppose to represent. I'm actually quite confused in what the 3 card spread is suppose to represent, I thought it was the past present and future. Does anyone know a good book I should get?

Jade.
You can use past, present and future if you wish, or just about any other set of 3 cards that you feel appropriate to the situation.

If, for example, the answer is time-related, you may well feel that past, present and future would suit the positions.

There are many other combinations, e.g.;

Mind, body, spirit.
1st, 2nd, 3rd person, that is... me, you, them.
Thesis, antithesis, synthesis, that is... the idea, the opposing idea, the outcome of the marriage of those ideas,

The list is endless.

There are lots of useful books in regards to the RWS, and luckily the best ones, that is those that contain the most accurate information, are online and free.

Love and light to all

Fen

geministar

I'll happily join the study group. I dont have a book yet so studying the cards here will be a great help. Let me know when we start.