The Wild Unknown Animal Spirit Deck

BreathingSince72

Hi Friends,
Would anyone be interested in studying the Wild Unknown Animal Spirit Deck with me? I think it would be fun to study the imagery and the guidebook but, even moreso, to dive into outside references of actual creature habits. Who's game?

allifai

Hi Friends,
Would anyone be interested in studying the Wild Unknown Animal Spirit Deck with me? I think it would be fun to study the imagery and the guidebook but, even moreso, to dive into outside references of actual creature habits. Who's game?

I would, though I ordered my deck at the beginning of the week and will have to wait to receive it beforehand :)

Dogs&Coffee

I'm down!

DaughterOfDanu

I'm up for it too :)

JDusk

I just got mine recently, but don't have the guidebook, so I have been studying on my own. I would be interested in seeing how others are interpreting the cards as well. Most feel very intuitive, but a few of the cards have been a bit confusing for me - like Shark, which gives the keywords "exposure, revealing the true self," which I understand for sharks in general, yet the card feels more like hiding, blending in, sticking to the shadows. It has a very soft blurry feel. Curious if anyone has any insights for this one?

I'd also be happy to just jump in and start sharing my impressions on the deck, as I was gathering my thoughts together anyway, but I'd love to hear from someone who has the guidebook. I didn't think I'd need it because I am constantly frustrated with "spirit animal" guidebooks and feel I do well enough on my own, but I'm perplexed by some of the LWB keywords, like "assimilator" for peacock, and would like to know where that's coming from.

patrondehuron

I would love to! I got the oracle deck months ago but haven't really used it at all because I have been a bit intimidated by how relatively unstructured oracle decks are compared to the tarot.

Now I'm picking it up and have been very interested in connecting with it. This idea is great because the direction you want the study to go in (that we should consider facts about the creatures beyond the card) is really how I want to connect as well.

I'll report back once I find anything interesting along this line of inquiry!