What Faeries live in your home?

HudsonGray

Jewel-
His name is Merlin, and soon as he flips his ears half backward he gets 'evil', the paw goes up, and you can just hear 'Luke, I am your father, come closer so I can hit you!'

It took him THREE years to calm down from kittenhood, compounded by the added problem of polydactylism (extra toes on his feet) so those workable thumbs get him into all sorts of stuff he's not supposed to do. He's 11 years old now, but stillable to switch to the dark side at will. Usually when he reached the top level of the 6' cat tree & sees that he's taller than us & therefore superior. He rolls over onto his back with a 'I'm so CUTE here touch my tummy' then WAM*WAM*WAM!!! with the paw. Evil troll, he does it deliberately. He does this to the other cats too--his 'paw of death' gets raised & they all pull back their head & squint at him (though one will do a full body tackle on him if he tries it with her.)

LaLaBella

So, is there a Murphy's Law fairy?

Silkin

IS Murphy Human ;)

HudsonGray

Murphy was real & came up with the 'law' while doing Death Valley speed testing for the US government just prior to the space program. They had a feature on it on PBS last year & spent 5 minutes on this Murphy guy before going back to talk about Chuck Yeager.

Bet you can find something online about it.

Alissa

LOL :D HudsonGray!! That cat is a riot ;)

Today the Peanut Butter Toast Faery (related, of course, to the Buttered Toast Faery) was really really nice to me and let my toast land peanuty side up yummmm :p

"Thank You Peanut Toast Faerie!" I said out loud joyously, and of course at it, since everyone knows Faeries dont have the "5 second rule" (they have the "if it still looks yummy" rule) I ate it right up!

napaea

oh you are so blessed by the faeries! :)

i seem to have a Stuck in the Keyhole faerie lately, cause i can't seem to get my keys out of the holes! are faeries ticklish?
if i threaten to tickle will they let go of my keys?

sigh...

Alissa

napaea said:
are faeries ticklish?
if i threaten to tickle will they let go of my keys?

Ohhhh napaea, I think you're on JUST the right track with that kinda logic! I would suggest giving it a try. Also, a spray of WD 40 will grease up the gnomes lock workings, which is always helpful :D

floracove

Very interesting, puts a new perspective on alot of things...
So what is the name of the fae personality that likes to throw the clean dishes back in the sink? Dirty no less?
There seems to me and always has that there is some mischievous creature here that loves to make a mess. (besides the children)
Anyone got any good links?

Alissa

My Folk are at it again

Yesterday I was cleaning through the craft room/spare bedroom in preparation for some visitors coming next week. I've been missing my oil container to my spinning wheel for about 3 weeks (and unable to spin b/c of it, but like I have time anyhow). I've stated to Them quite distinctly in the craft room where the "oil can" is kept that I REALLY REALLY need that one back. It's an important one, and I need it.

Finally, yesterday I'm moving some piles of large plastic bags which I keep unspun fibers in (wool, cotton, etc). Beneath a HUGE ASS pile of fibers (about 3 feet tall) that has been growing and not moved around since *last summer*, I happened to find my oil can AND the strangest thing ... a white paper plate that has been colored black with a thick magic marker all over most of the bottom. The coloring looks like a 4 year did it, messy and blobby.

I have no memory of this plate being colored by my child or any other in this house. And I don't have a thick black magic marker either.

"Oh those little dears," I said to myself and Them quietly, as I picked up the oil can and the paper plate. "I wonder what They were up to with this?"

This is just a typical example of how They've been behaving with me for many years now. It's strange. And I like it.

(They have a fatass pet mouse in the spare bedrom too now. he must've come in for the winter and I saw his fat butt waddling between the washer and dryer on christmas eve. I'll have to get him outta there.... No pets, Guys.)

For

As i said before, i have only started to agknowledge the existence of faeries in my house. however just believeing They're there has proven to be a big step. my first reading gave me the courage i needed to do...er...um...something i've been putting off. i was amzed at They're accuracy in phrophesizing my future.
i also find They seem more generous to work with me and the cards if i set up a, well, shrine like thing of pieces of stone, wood and water that i've gathered. however, i still haven't found Them the right home.
so, i don't know They're names or race yet, but They are there.