Secrets of the Lenormand Study Group - advance study - Timing

Sylvie Steinbach

This case study is a request to analyse spreads to a question.

Helena, 28, wants to know if the man she has in mind will get in touch. She hasn't heard from him for 3 weeks.

The person who requested the case study did the spread like this:

23-Mouse+5-Tree+25-Ring+29-Woman+34-Fish+16-Stars+20-Garden+28-man+3-Ship+17-Stork+30-Lily+7-Serpent

What do you thing is wrong with this? And what would be your suggestion on how to approach the inquiry? I went ahead and asked the student to change its approach. Does everyone understand why? -this is the opportunity to ask so that you clarify any misunderstanding on the reading techniques.

I requested that the reading was centered on the man instead of the woman -who does not have any take on this question.

Here is the spread:

17-Stork+18-Dog+16-Stars+28-Man+36-Cross+21-Mountain+12-Birds

What is your take on this answer and what would you say to this client?

PS: when you analyse the spreads make sure you follow our guidelines about how to break the spread down and the analysis process...

Good Luck! -only people who have finished the basic workshop can participate by posting in this advanced level, thank you-

Sylvie Steinbach

Phoenix Rising

Sylvie Steinbach said:
The person who requested the case study did the spread like this:

23-Mouse+5-Tree+25-Ring+29-Woman+34-Fish+16-Stars+20-Garden+28-man+3-Ship+17-Stork+30-Lily+7-Serpent

What do you thing is wrong with this? And what would be your suggestion on how to approach the inquiry? I went ahead and asked the student to change its approach. Does everyone understand why? -this is the opportunity to ask so that you clarify any misunderstanding on the reading techniques.
For a start there are far too many cards, which would complicate and confuse timings because of all the different astrological associations, also having her key card in there would further complicate it, because of what her desires are and not focusing on all of his.

Here is the spread:

To break down first, stars is suggesting that recently he may be starting on a new path or going through a healing period, I only say this because of the cross that is sitting on the other side, his spirits aren't the best at the moment. The stork+dog+star indicate that he felt they shared a good friendship. Cross+mountain+birds, indicate that at present he is wanting to be alone for a while, but the birds at the end of it promise that a re-connection will be made.

The only cards that give specific time frames are birds-(Nov21-Jan21) storks (change of season) stars(Jan 21-feb21) But the mountain delays everything and extends the time frame. Looking at the common time frame I will go with December 21 it is also a change of season. The reason I didn't go with the earlier time frame (Aquarius) is because of the mountain.

So I would advise the client that because of his feelings of wanting to be by himself for a long period for his own healing, that he will eventually make contact. Although he does value the friendship.

Phoenix

LisaW

Hi Sylvie! welcome back!

..."wants to know if the man she has in mind will get in touch. ..

Firstly, the question is WILL he get in touch, not when..correct?

The key card would be the Man; and to the left of him is what has been going on recently for him.

17-Stork+18-Dog+16-Stars: It looks to me that there were changes in a friendship, maybe to a more intimate level, that he thought was going to be his new path....but with the Cross next to him, I'd say that he is hurting now; something went wrong, or he's feeling guilty over something, and all he wants to do is withdraw (36-Cross+21 Mountain). He has put himself in exile, like the Hermit, and does not want to reach out at the moment. He's in a period of healing/recovery/re-assessment.
The woman needs to be patient, because it does show
(21 Mountain + 12 Birds) that he will eventually want to reconnect, and will contact her; but NOW is not the time. Reconciliation..reconnection will come. Patience is the key.

So I would say, yes he will, but not for awhile.

(I'm sure the stork/dog/star combo could mean something else- but that's what jumped at me)

Sylvie Steinbach

Case study

This is an easy case study if you have worked on the basic cases of the first level.

I would add to the already good answers that the birds can indicate 12 weeks as the mountain slows down the timing significantly. So 12 weeks should be added to the time of the reading to get an idea of when this individual is most likely to reconnect.

As far as the content of the spread. I won't repeat what has been appropriately said by the 2 students above. But it is clear this man is not motivated in having a serious relationship with this lady. Maybe she should keep looking...

Bravo to everybody, great answers!!!

Sylvie

Sylvie Steinbach

Timing

Let's do a case study to assess timing so that I am sure everyone got this aspect clear in their minds.

Adam is expecting to receive a check from a client of his. He wants to know when he is going to get it in the mailbox! The inquiry is made on February 18th.

Guess what is the key card?! and of course make sure you got enough card around to figure it out...

Here it comes:

30 Lily + 19 Tower + 21 Mountain + 15 Bear + 27 Letter + 1 Horseman + 32 Moon + 22 Crossroad

Be detailed please and explain your answers.

Sylvie

Phoenix Rising

Timing case study 2

Sylvie Steinbach said:
Here it comes:

30 Lily + 19 Tower + 21 Mountain + 15 Bear + 27 Letter + 1 Horseman + 32 Moon + 22 Crossroad

Be detailed please and explain your answers.

Sylvie
Ok, I would use the 15-Bear as key card, although I originally thought letter to represent the cheque.
The mountain beside it tells me that there was a delay. The letter confirms the cheque.
Lily+tower+mountain. first thought that maybe it's an older gentleman that he's receiving the cheque from. And that through Government red tape, it could slow the process down. An expiring investment fund, that he maybe waiting on (the client)

Letter+horseman+moon+crossroad. The cheque will come through very soon, within days or no longer than a couple of weeks. Both horseman+moon are very fast time frames. The crossroad represents "2", Therefore Horseman is January-21-Feb 21) and moon associated Pisces feb 21. I am tempted to say 2 days, as the crossover of both these cards ends and starts on 21-feb. But I would definitely say within 2 weeks.

Phoenix

Sylvie Steinbach

Food for thoughts

It is a good answer though the key card should be the letter in this case. Reasoning is that you have a physical object verses the bear can be a concept. So in the future take note of it. A check has the letter as a key card -I refer you back to the book by the way.

Now if we were talking of income -conceptual money- then the bear would be the key card. In this instance it does not affect the reading because the bear and the letter are next to each other so the analysis comes back to the same but most of the time it won't be that easy. Choosing the wrong key card can make you predict wrong things!

LisaW

He wants to know when he is going to get it in the mailbox! The inquiry is made on February 18th.

The key card, I think, is the Letter because it's mail that he's waiting on (?)

I don't know if the left side really matters too much, since this is about timing, but it looks like the client he's waiting for a check from, has something to do with govt. bureaucracy. Possibly this is an older person, (male?) who is paying from a Soc.Security check...or something like that, and it's been delayed.
It shows with the Horseman to the right of the (27)Letter that the person asking the question is about to receive his letter soon!
The (32)Moon links to Pisces time frame (Feb 21st - Mar 21st), and since the Horseman promises soon, I think it's in this time frame rather than one of the other water related times. With the (22)Crossroads following the (32)Moon, it hints at 2 weeks from the date of the question being asked. SO if I was going to be really technical, 2 weeks from Feb.18th would be March 3rd.
I would then tell my client, that he will probably receive it the first week in March :) LOL now that's pressure!

LisaW

Phoenix Rising

Sylvie Steinbach said:
It is a good answer though the key card should be the letter in this case. Reasoning is that you have a physical object verses the bear can be a concept. So in the future take note of it. A check has the letter as a key card -I refer you back to the book by the way.

Now if we were talking of income -conceptual money- then the bear would be the key card. In this instance it does not affect the reading because the bear and the letter are next to each other so the analysis comes back to the same but most of the time it won't be that easy. Choosing the wrong key card can make you predict wrong things!

Thanks Sylvie, I should of gone with my first thought. I enjoyed that one, the horseman and moon are good timing card indicators, as well as the mountain. If neither of those were in though, it could be tricky.

Sylvie Steinbach

Ok

I think at this point everyone is doing quite well so let me ask you this:

Does anyone want more timing study cases? I mean the tricky ones...the easy you guys are doing fine with it but how about the non obvious ones?

Let me know!

;)