Do Your Decks "Play Nice"?

vernissage

When you use two different decks with each other in the same spread, or even have two decks in the same general vicinity, do you get negative vibes from them towards each other?

My oracle deck (Healing with the Fairies) is my little darling. It buzzes with a childlike energy. It's eager to get out of the box and help. I've had for about three years. I love my tarot deck (Thoth) as well. Its energy is unmistakably intriguing. It seems to have a kind of prideful energy to i. Since I got it last year, we've been working well together so far.

I frequently use them together; however, I get the distinct impression that the decks don't like each other. The tarot deck seems to be intimidating the oracle deck--at least, that's what I feel. It's as though the oracle deck is whispering to me, "Please no, not with them."

I continue to use them together in hopes that this gut feeling will fade, and they will learn to "play nice" with each other.

Who else has experienced similar things, or am I just weird? (Grin)

- V.

Emeraldgirl

Toth as a bully?

Ok yes I can see the Toth being a bit of a bully. I haven't used 2 decks together but I think that if I did I'd probably try to match them as much as possible. I have a friend who does readings with the Goddess Tarot and the Goddess Oracle together. She has always done fantastic readings for me with them. I don';t know if decks can like or not like each other and I am not going to open up the do hdecks have feelings can of worms but I can;t get the image out of my head of scared fairies cowering before the might of toth })

magpie9

I have to agree with Emeraldgirl, the fae and thoth are just not a match. I think it would be like dropping a building on a teeny widdle fairy. Tinkerbell meets Godzilla. :eek:
I sometimes use 2 decks together, but I look for pairings that compliment each other. the Osho Zen is really good for this, it gets along with every deck I've ever used it with.
Personally, I don't care for the thoth, but a thoth-like deck that might get along with the fae is Eakins " tarot of the Spirit".

WolfSpirit

Emeraldgirl said:
scared fairies cowering before the might of toth
LOL.
I intend to use the Druid Animal Oracle and the Green Man Tree Oracle with the DruidCraft tarot, but they are by the same artist, some of the animals and trees even seem to have made it to the DruidCraft.
As others have said - I would not put decks together that don't seem to match with each other.

Fulgour

Pamela & Domenico

I play with two decks on my everyday spread tables,
the Colman Smith and the Balbi... I love the way my
Balbi will show the same things with a 'cosmic' twist.

Oh and with the Convos there's such a romping!

mike gorth

As you said, it's what's you feel. Each deck evokes a different kind of response or energy within us and so different decks that don't evoke some of the same energy might not work so well together. Personnaly, if I were to ever use 2, I wouldn't be so concerned with 'matching' them. Tarot is supposed to open you up so you can see what you want to. It's all a personnal matter. Hope it helps,

Mike Gorth

lunar_rabbit

vernissage said:
I continue to use them together in hopes that this gut feeling will fade, and they will learn to "play nice" with each other.

Who else has experienced similar things, or am I just weird? (Grin)[/i]

How can I be the first to say: You're just weird. :D But since we're all weird here on AT it's kind of a moot point.

Seriously, though. I am always very curious to hear about people giving personalities to their decks (I have the Froud Faeries Oracle, so I do it too!). But to me it begs the question, what are you hearing inside your own head that you need to resolve? Is there a playful side of you that doesn't get along with your boastful, proud side? Sounds very much like a 4 year old vs a 19 year old to me. LOL! If they were people, what could they teach each other?

Since you are somewhat intrigued by it, and would like to still use them together, perhaps you could deliberately put them side to side, card by card finding the similarities and differences in them. Maybe create a "get along" spread, where each deck has it's own purpose in the spread. I'd venture to guess it would be very enlightening!

lark

I think if you pair the Thoth up with the Fairy Ring Oracle... Thoth will have met his match. hehehe :D

forgot to add I have a friend who pairs her Healing With the Faeries up with her Voyager deck and they get along very nicely.

Chronata

lark said:
I think if you pair the Thoth up with the Fairy Ring Oracle... Thoth will have met his match. hehehe :D

Oh! Now I just have to try this!

My Thoth has always been rather surly, and doesn't play well with others...

And the Fairy Ring...well, yeah...it kinda scares other decks into mute submission.

This should be interesting! Hey lark...if you see a lot of multicolored sparks and smoke to the Southwest of you...you will know I have been successful!

lark

I was just thinking of heading outside too...
As soon as the brownies come out of the oven.
(No not fairy Brownies~ chocolate brownies :D )

I'll be looking for those sparks!
The thing with the Fairy Ring is they have centuries of mischief making behind them.
Thoth is a rank beginner in the eyes of the Faeries!
Thoth can only hope to reach such levels a few centuries for now.

Good luck Chronata~ watch out for flying sparks they can start nasty little fires in the most inappropriate places...hehehe