birthday reading

liquidmetal

It's my sister's birthday tomorrow and I'd like to gift her with a reading (she's also a very willing "guinea pig" as I'm still a newbie) and she's pretty excited about it. At the same time, she doesn't know what question/s she can ask and how many questions she can ask.

Can you help my sister out? I want to make our reading special since it's her birthday.

Any good questions on one's birthday?

Thanks!

Wintersice

What I like to do for birthdays or new years eve is a "wheel of the year" spread. This spread doesn't require a question to begin.
Shuffle the cards good and lay out in a large circle 12 cards, one for each coming month. Start at the top with the nearest full month, since today is May 31, your top card would be June, followed by July etc...
Each card is the general reading for that month or something the sitter should work on that month.
The nice thing about this is that if someone is concerned about a card, then clarification cards can be pulled or even a whole new question asked and layed to the side about that months card.
I like this spread for sitters that don't have a specific question or are just wanting an overview of the year.
For a newbie it is also good because a lot of times you don't have to weave the cards together into a story since it's basically a one-card reading for each month. It can also be compressed down by doing a 3 or 6 month "wheel".
I'd start with this one because it gives an overview of her coming year until her next birthday and might spark more questions to ask later. Don't forget to journal it and give a copy to your sister so she can refer back to it through the year and see how your reading is panning out or what obstacles she might be facing in the next month.

liquidmetal

Thank you so much, Wintersice.

I'll certainly use that spread you suggested.

I have feeling my sister and I will have a wonderful time on her birthday reading.

SunChariot

It's my sister's birthday tomorrow and I'd like to gift her with a reading (she's also a very willing "guinea pig" as I'm still a newbie) and she's pretty excited about it. At the same time, she doesn't know what question/s she can ask and how many questions she can ask.

Can you help my sister out? I want to make our reading special since it's her birthday.

Any good questions on one's birthday?

Thanks!

Hope you get this in time! :grin:

When a qiuerent cannot think of an actual question. I always ask "What does 'A' most need to know right now?"

Buy seeing as it's her bd. How about something about her upcoming year.

One I just did that I liked a lot was: "What is coming in A's 54th (replace with the correct age) year that she doesn't yet suspect but that will make her truly happy?"

(doesn't hurt to give her something to look forward to!)

Or something like that. I would add her age in instead of just saying what will happen this year, so there is not confusion between the calendar year and the year that is starting on her bd...

And I already think she is blessed this year to have a loving Tarot reader in the family. :grin:

Hope this helps,

Babs

liquidmetal

Update on birthday reading

Again, thank you Wintersice and SunChariot for your suggestions.

I did use wheel of the year spread but kind of "tweaked" with it. Instead of each card being a general reading for a certain month, I turned it into a general reading for the whole year as the cards seem to be connected. It didn't feel like one card should be "limited" to a particular month. I hope I'm making sense. Unfortunately, I didn't take down any notes (thinking of recording my readings) as I don't like the feeling of "cutting the flow" just to take down notes. Fortunately, my sister did!

Overall, my sister and I had fun!

nisaba

Pull a card for each month of the upcoming year, asking each card what the client most needs to know about that month.

Chimera Dust

Again, thank you Wintersice and SunChariot for your suggestions.

I did use wheel of the year spread but kind of "tweaked" with it. Instead of each card being a general reading for a certain month, I turned it into a general reading for the whole year as the cards seem to be connected. It didn't feel like one card should be "limited" to a particular month. I hope I'm making sense. Unfortunately, I didn't take down any notes (thinking of recording my readings) as I don't like the feeling of "cutting the flow" just to take down notes. Fortunately, my sister did!

Overall, my sister and I had fun!

Just a quick idea about the "cutting the flow" thing. I usually take notes *after* I'm done reading. I'll read, and then when I'm finished I'll go through the reading I did in my head and note down anything that seems important. Sometimes I even end up adding new thoughts on the cards! You could always try that.

liquidmetal

Just a quick idea about the "cutting the flow" thing. I usually take notes *after* I'm done reading. I'll read, and then when I'm finished I'll go through the reading I did in my head and note down anything that seems important. Sometimes I even end up adding new thoughts on the cards! You could always try that.

Thanks. I'll do that.