View Single Post
Citizen

whipsilk 
Citizen

Thanks for your comments, Dadsnook. I had completely overlooked the Swords - Pentacles - Major Arcana aspect of my spread. But it actually begins to make sense now. The Purpose (Ace of Swords) is a mental one -- to improve a purely mental aspect of my consciousness, and the Ace helps indicate that this is a new effort, reminding me to see this as a fresh effort, a new start, without dwelling on any failed attempts I may have made in the past. The Issue (Knight of Pentacles) however, is one that has a physical aspect -- the effort will have physical ramifications, and will involve activitities that engage my physical being (even in a neutral way, i.e. meditation, stillness). And the Next Step (Judgement) is a warning not to judge my progress, not to see it in terms of success or failure (absolutes) but of growth, of "gradual progress" and just let it happen, allow it to be in its own time. That a quick judgment whether I've succeeded or failed can actually bring a complete end to the effort as this is not growth which can be judged or seen in terms of "there, I've done it" or "nope, I didn't do it; oh well."
Top   #5