View Single Post
XII. The Hanging Cat

rachelcat 
XII. The Hanging Cat

Step 12 -- Spreads!

Hello my tarot sisters and brothers. I wrote this in my notebook on Friday evening, and I'm typing it to you on Monday, so let's see if it makes as much sense to me now as it did then!

Nefertari Tarot 8 Wands as:

Recent past: You've been rushing around in a big hurry. You've recently been very busy with a new project and expended alot of energy. (The man in the card has left some of his wands behind him!)

Obstacle: You may be rushing into this too quickly. You're in such a hurry, you aren't getting the whole picture. You're expending alot of energy for very little gain. Maybe there's a better way to go about it.

Strength: You have the ability to focus on one activity/goal and pursue it quickly, carrying it forward.

What is my purpose in life? The best that can be achieved.
I will work toward my goals and carry out my plans with great energy. I will be able to achieve goals swiftly and continue on to others.

What do I need to know about buying this house? My fears.
I'm afraid I'm rushing into it without all the facts. Things are moving so quickly that I may be leaving 6 wands behind and only keeping 2!

Manga 4 Wands

I need to focus on a true spirituality that changes me for the better (including in the realm of relationships).

How do I motivate myself to begin regular meditation and sangha attendance with a view toward changing?

Issue: In order for it to work (do what it's supposed to do), spirituality must be lived, including both rituals and putting what you've learned into practice. Sometimes discipline, like ritual, is a virtue in itself, too. It takes discipline and energy, but it should be a blessing, not a chore, even though sometimes difficult. Practice makes perfect.

What I bring to the issue: I am someone who enjoys ritual, music, etc., the "fun" part of religion/spirituality. I usually have good follow-through ONCE I GET STARTED and over that mental block. Aesthetics are important to me. I tend to be too self-centered, especially on this issue. Also maybe TOO orthodox to get the real idea. I am set in my ways and afraid of change.

Advice: Enjoy your spirituality and the exploration of it. Take advantage of the freedom within the forms. Invite others into your struggle. Don't be secretive about it. We're all in this together! Put some energy into it. Be in the moment!

How do I motivate myself to regular meditation and sangha attendance?

Issue--4 Wands: [Copied from above.] In order for it to work (do what it's supposed to do), spirituality must be lived, including both rituals and putting what you've learned into practice. Sometimes discipline, like ritual, is a virtue in itself, too. It takes discipline and energy, but it should be a blessing, not a chore, even though sometimes difficult. Practice makes perfect.

What I bring to it--Princess of Swords: A young woman in blue armor is riding a white whale across a stormy sky. She wields a sword that has its blade encased in ice.

I am a Princess of Swords, especially on this issue. I'm idealistic in both positive and negative ways. Maybe I'll be disappointed if my teacher isn't all-wise and my sangha members aren't paragons of virtue. I can also be too full of ideas. It's not KNOWING that matters, it's doing! But idealism can also be a good motivator--keep with those ideals and I won't despair. (I don't like the ice or isolation on this card. I don't want to be like Captain Ahab, alone and obsessed!)

I have a personal meaning for the Princess of Swords. The Book of Thoth says the Queen of Swords frees the mind from the body (in the picture it's the HEAD . . .) I had the intuitive flash that the Princess puts the mind and the body back together again! That bodes well for meditation and spirituality.

Advice--Tower: A young blonde woman in yellow armor raises a sword above her head as lightning splits the yellow sky, snow falls, and a wooden tower burns in the background. (Is it snow or ashes from the fire? And is that a volcano farther in the background?)

In order to do this, I'm going to have to let some things go, and it might not be pleasant. Will I have to give up my tarot and metaphysical studies after all? to achieve anything of worth? THAT is something that would hurt!

But maybe it means give up my protective shell (sun in Cancer, after all . . .). The tower is gone. The warrior girl must stand in the snow on her own. She is without shelter but she is victorious. It won't be nice, but it's all about breaking down the ego.

Maybe the fire is needed, even volcano heat, to melt the snow on this card and the ice on the Princess of Swords.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Manga Princess Swords.pdf (185.5 KB, 50 views)
File Type: pdf Manga 4 Wands.pdf (190.9 KB, 56 views)
File Type: pdf Manga Tower.pdf (185.3 KB, 56 views)
Top   #8