Ace of Wands & The High Priestess

Miradeck

Can someone shed light on how to interpret the Ace of Wands and The High Priestess pair? The question was around action to take through knowledge of the the situation and Ace of Wands came out as what I needed to understand about the situation and The High Priestess as the action to take. Both cards seem to be on opposite ends though so how do we read this? I thought Ace of Wands represents taking an action to go for it! But High Priestess suggests inaction. Conflicting cards... any experience sharing is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Farzon

So here is my guess at your reading. I've included the card's position for better understanding. A lot of confusion can be avoided by keeping the positions in mind.

What you need to understand about the situation: Ace of Wands

The situation is full of potential energy. There's fire in the air and realization of your ideas is nearly at your fingertips. The situation might tempt you to take immediate and decisive action BUT:

An action to take: The High Priestess

Better take a step back. Don't waste your energies. Think things through and in this, try to listen to your intuition. It will show you the right way when the time has come. Your insight into the right course of action can't be forced though. Allow yourself to tap into the subconscious. Wait for your feelings to tell you the way. Depending on the reading's topic, withdraw from the situation and don't share every idea and thought immediately.

Does this make sense in the context of your reading?

rwcarter

Welcome to Aeclectic, Miradeck!

I'm going to move your words around to make things clearer.

Ace of Wands came out as what I needed to understand about the situation
I thought Ace of Wands represents taking an action to go for it!
Aces are potential. And the Wands suggests having the fuel needed. The position isn't about action, but about understanding. So you need to understand that you have the energy or enthusiasm needed to address the situation.

The High Priestess as the action to take.
But High Priestess suggests inaction.
The High Priestess suggests that there is something you still don't know about the situation, so the action you should take is not to take any action. Consciously not acting is taking an action.

Rodney

Miradeck

Ace of Wands & The High Priestess

Welcome to Aeclectic, Miradeck!

So you need to understand that you have the energy or enthusiasm needed to address the situation.

The High Priestess suggests that there is something you still don't know about the situation, so the action you should take is not to take any action. Consciously not acting is taking an action.

Rodney

Thanks Rodney for the warm welcome :) and the insights shared.
I agree with the Ace of Wands explanation, yes to look at it that way, it does imply that I have the enthusiasm or spark to get things going. But as to the High Priestess, I'm a little baffled. How would not taking an action result in an outcome that is passionate? And if there is something that I still don't know, then shouldn't I go find out? Why would being inactive about it bring about more clarity in the relationship?

Miradeck

What you need to understand about the situation: Ace of Wands

The situation is full of potential energy. There's fire in the air and realization of your ideas is nearly at your fingertips. The situation might tempt you to take immediate and decisive action BUT:

An action to take: The High Priestess

Better take a step back. Don't waste your energies. Think things through and in this, try to listen to your intuition. It will show you the right way when the time has come.

Does this make sense in the context of your reading?

Thanks Farzon for sharing your perspective. Agreed with the AoW, and probably also the High Priestess. It just seems to me that I have what it takes to succeed in this relationship but at the same time I need to have patience and wait it out? I'm a little baffled by the contrast of energies in these 2 cards.

rwcarter

Moderator Note

Hi Miradeck,

You've added in a third card, and if that makes all three cards from a three card reading, you need to remove that card. Up to half of the cards from a reading may be listed and/or discussed in UTC, while complete readings of any number of cards (one through the whole deck) are discussed in Your Readings. You also can't just mention other cards without also providing your own interpretations of them. If you think the third card is relevant to the two cards you originally wanted to discuss and that's the whole reading, this thread can be moved to Your Readings.

Farzon

It just seems to me that I have what it takes to succeed in this relationship

Which was basically my interpretation of the Ace of Wands.

but at the same time I need to have patience and wait it out?

And this was my take on the High Priestess respectively! [emoji2]

I'm a little baffled by the contrast of energies in these 2 cards.

Your post reflects my take on these cards exactly! Try to accept that the right thing to do can seem counterintuitive sometimes.

Miradeck

Hi Miradeck,

You've added in a third card, and if that makes all three cards from a three card reading, you need to remove that card. Up to half of the cards from a reading may be listed and/or discussed in.

Hi Rodney,
It was a 4-card reading.

rwcarter

It's a relationship question, which you didn't originally mention, and that changes things somewhat, but not in the way you might want.

Ace Wands as what you need to understand about the situation could very simply mean he's horny, as the AW has a phallic connotation to it. Then as action to take, the HP as inaction makes more sense because what you might not know is that he only wants a one night stand (Aces are ones after all). A one night stand could also be the "passionate outcome" you mentioned.

Something else to consider about the High Priestess is that she can be seen as being pure and virginal, suggesting chastity in that you need to keep your "secrets" to yourself (or at least away from him as he doesn't deserve them).

Rodney

Miradeck

Ace Wands as what you need to understand about the situation could very simply mean he's horny, as the AW has a phallic connotation to it. Then as action to take, the HP as inaction makes more sense because what you might not know is that he only wants a one night stand (Aces are ones after all). A one night stand could also be the "passionate outcome" you mentioned.
Rodney

Thanks Rodney. I'm going to ponder upon the one night stand explanation, it doesn't seem like that at the moment since there are no advancements and in fact, there is a standstill in communication... but I'll bear that in mind and keep a lookout for her actions.