View Single Post
Citizen

Kenny 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisa
The polarity expressed in this image is that on the emotional level, there is love and harmony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapienza
I'm totally lost with that sentence! What is the polarity? Anyone???
Alchemical images are not read simply on the symbols but in a more detailed way starting from identifying the symbols and their layout--though I am not an expert I can see three (though it could be five) symbols: the connected vessels, the rose, the couple. The layout of this image is a simple above/below.

The red rose is a symbol of rubedo, the final stage of purification, the results of which can turn Lead into Gold. They are shaking, or holding, each others right hand with their right hand--yet they are each working towards each other with opposite legs, his right, her left. This might be important but I do not know left/right definitions as of yet.

So to try and answer your question: the polarity seems to me a simple one, of male/female energy combining to create the pure red rose. The sealed dual-container helps to keep what is happening inside in (and outside out) and so allowing it to be purified (there is a semi-overt link in this card to III The Empress, IV The Emperor, V The Hierophant, and VI The Lovers).
Top   #3