Himself (17)

Laura Borealis

Thank Terri, she wrote it! :) I'm just happy to be able to share it with other people that appreciate it.

Have you ever read her book The Wood Wife? It's very good and was originally inspired by Brian Froud's faery art.

lark

laura_borealis said:
Thank Terri, she wrote it! :) I'm just happy to be able to share it with other people that appreciate it.

Have you ever read her book The Wood Wife? It's very good and was originally inspired by Brian Froud's faery art.
No, I've never read it but I'm going to look for it now.
Does she have a book of poetry too?
If she doesn't she should.

Laura Borealis

No poetry books that I know of, but she edits anthologies of short stories (faery tales, fantasy and horror), makes beautiful art, and writes. She's been good friends with the Frouds for a long time and collaborates with Wendy Froud on those lovely children's books -- can't think of the titles right now.

And to bring this back to the Faeries' Oracle, I believe she wrote the introduction to the Good Faeries, Bad Faeries book, which the Faeries' Oracle came from in part. Though she didn't write the book that comes with the cards.

Here's a link to her website (the poem was on it):
http://www.endicott-studio.com/

I'm impatient for her next novel. :)

lark

Thanks for the web site. I'll be busy reading over there for a long time.
I found her book too. Can't wait to read it. :)

13thFaeChylde

Himself has been my card of the day for the past 3 days.
He keeps jumping out when I'm shuffling!

Which is okay, but I'm not really attracted to Him in the same way that most of you seem to be...I prefer women.

I'm not an anti-man lesbian feminist type, just kinda turned off my men b/c of past experiences....
Soooo, I can't seem to understand why he's after me!

Laura Borealis

I'm sure Himself has a message for you, and it needn't be sexual. :) I like to look at his eyes. They are intense, but warm and kind. I feel he has a wild, almost untamed energy, but that he would never harm me.

dobro

"Which is okay, but I'm not really attracted to Him in the same way that most of you seem to be...I prefer women. I'm not an anti-man lesbian feminist type, just kinda turned off my men b/c of past experiences....

Soooo, I can't seem to understand why he's after me!"

Yeah, fair enough. But what if Himself doesn't represent an outer relationship? What if he represents a part of you, a part of your own personality? Everybody's got male/female aspects to their mind and their personality, and you can see them crop up in dreams. Jungian psychology talks about this all the time. I think they overdo it a bit, but what do I know?

Compare Himself and He of the Fiery Sword: Himself is male energy in all its aspects - sexual, emotional, thought, spirit. He of the Fiery Sword is yang energy - angelic maleness, I guess, and I don't read any sexuality in that despite the sword being phallic.

So if you're drawing Himself a lot recently, it means that very dynamic earthy 'maleness' is a big issue in your life. Maybe you have a problem identifying with this, and I understand that. I'm a guy and the majority of the cards in the deck are female images - I deal with this by reminding myself that there's the me I think of myself as and project to the world (that image always includes maleness) and there's the me that I really am (which is way bigger than merely male - it's my female aspects, my animal aspects, my plant aspects, my mineral aspects...). Maybe I have faery aspects as well? LOL

13thFaeChylde

Dobro,
I think you hit the nail on the head!

Although I know in my head that we all have male+female aspects, for some reason it is very hard for me to acnowledge the male aspects of myself. Even typing that made my face squinch up!

I've been trying to cultivate the "wild" sense of Himself of late, since he is stalking me! A few nights ago we had a tremendous windstorm, it woke me up at 4:00 am and would not let me go back to sleep. I kept hearing someone say..."go outside and jump on the trampoline, you know you want to." Well, I tried to ignore him, b/c I'm really not so much a morning person but the voice insisted.

I ran outside, went to the trampoline, and started jumping. The moon was full and the winds were clean and fresh. I felt like I was being cleansed of something, and the jumping did me good...I felt giddy for the first time in a long while.

Anyway, I hadn't put the two together, and now I know that it was Himself calling me outside.

sagitarian

High FIves the fae chyld! Right on! i've gone skinny dipping at 3 am in the morning before...LOL. Not to mention dancing half naked around fire pits. All due to the influence of Himself.

13thFaeChylde

I plan on doing the fire pit dance myself on Ostara!
We've been invited to a group ritual with the customary bonfire, and I can't wait!! :)