Tarot Of The Golden Desert

DraagonStorm

UPDATE -----2009

The Deck has been completely reworked from what you see posted in this thread... You can view/purchase the entire deck on my website http://www.draagonstorm.com

------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I've gotten sidetracked again from my Summer Vacation Deck. After taking a break and surfing around, I came across an old thread on The Dune Tarot. I love the Dune books, and have a copy of The Dune Encyclopedia. So I looked up The Dune Tarot. The Dune Encyclopedia has 7 cards as an example, and then goes on to say "Because several versions of the Tarot vary in small respects, the following offers only the terms and designs of the major arcana which are consistent.", and goes and lists the 22 majors, thier names and descriptions. This sure sounds like what is done with the RWS, and in a lot of ways the Dune Tarot is just another version of RWS.

So, I said to myself "Self, if you just use the descriptions in the book, and did your own interpretations. Do not use the word Dune in the title, or anywhere on the cards or LWB, would that be any different then all those decks out there based on the copyrighted RWS?" and I answer myself "No, it sounds like the same logic.."

Even if this deck turns out to be just a personal deck, It going to be fun to do. So here are my first 6 cards... 5 in this post, and I'll put the 6th in a following post (5 is the limit per post)

For now I'm not putting the names on the cards, just the numbers (using 'Galach Font'). The names of the cards are just aramaic words, but I'm a bit iffy on using those names. What do ya'll think? Put the names on the cards or not?

Here's the first 6 cards:
0 The Wanderer
1 The Hajrite
2 The Hajrita
3 The Baraka
4 The Auliya
5 TheAmpoliros

BB
DraagonStorm

Attachments

• 00.jpg
    00.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 1,105
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 1,054
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 1,007
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 939
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 938

DraagonStorm

6th Card ~~~~

BB
DraagonStorm

Attachments

• 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 940

DraagonStorm

I've redone the 'empress' and 'emperor' of the Tarot of The Golden Desert. Any comments?

BB
DraagonStorm

Attachments

• 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 983
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 921

poivre

Nice !!!

The colors are very earthy and rich looking.
Very easy to look at.

I'm not crazy on your empress or emperor. I feel
the cards had a mysterious and relaxed look to them.
The faces puts a different twist to the theme of the
beginning cards.

Just a comment, take no offence. Could be wrong!

ros
:)

DraagonStorm

I'm trying to follow the Encyclopedia of Dune's explanation of the cards... the explanation calls for a man and woman in these two cards....

BB
DraagonStorm

poivre

My post was just a comment. I haven't seen the
Encylopedia of Dunes.

But anyways I do like the cards!

:)

poivre

Sorry for my stupidity! :laugh:

I read up the Dunes in Wikipediea.
Very interesting.

Best of luck to you with your deck!

DraagonStorm

I've done another card and fixed up The Wanderer. The new card is Card 6 Wawi or Vahi, from the Dune Encyclopedia: A man and woman stand hand-in-hand looking toward a rising Moon. They symbolize Two-in-One.

I think of both Paul and Chani, and Leto and Ghanima when I did this card. Or even Leto and Ghanima as Paul and Chani....

BB
DraagonStorm

Attachments

• 00.jpg
    00.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 885
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 880

rosesred

Love the mysterious feeling these cards have. Wasn't sure about the soft focussing, but in the last couple of cards you made it work! Very interesting Idea, to actually recreate the dune cards. Lovely border, it adds to the 'arabian tile' effect, which is cool.

One of the nicest decks that's created in this thread at the moment.

DraagonStorm

Thank You RoseRed.........

BB
DraagonStorm