king of pentacles question

rosariangoddess

this card sometimes has me baffled in relationship readings. here is the question; how would you see this king in a romantic relationship? how would you see him to be feeling towards someone if he had been estranged from them for a while? i know alot depends on the surrounding cards, but in general would this king be one to easily let go of someone he was involved with? how is this king overall in relationships and romance?

PAMUYA

rosariangoddess said:
this card sometimes has me baffled in relationship readings. here is the question; how would you see this king in a romantic relationship? how would you see him to be feeling towards someone if he had been estranged from them for a while? i know alot depends on the surrounding cards, but in general would this king be one to easily let go of someone he was involved with? how is this king overall in relationships and romance?

In the RWS cards, He is the only king that displays armor, a sign of protection, and strength, he also has his foot of Armor placed on a head or a helmet (perhaps this is a helmet of someone who has cheated him).. what ever this thing is he is placing his foot on, is he is making his point very clear “Don’t mess with me!”. He is showing total dominance. In some cultures placing your foot on something is a sign of total disrespect. Successful business people do not get where they are at by letting others walk over them, they are cunning and will not be taken advantage of. This King is generous and enjoys the finer things in life and has a steady temperament, but never violate his trust, for those people he will have absolutely NO mercy. I feel that he would be the same way in a romance, don't lie or cheat on him or he will show no mercy, he will cut you off. If you are trust worthy, loyal and loving to him I believe he will lavish you with everything he has. If estranged from them for a while I believe this king would need convincing over time to trust again, if ever. He could cut someone off in a heartbeat.

Attachments

• Pentacles king email.jpg
    Pentacles king email.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 5,659
  • Pentacles king foot email.jpg
    Pentacles king foot email.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 5,016

rosariangoddess

wow, interesting view on that king! i never would have really thought of him like that. someone who would or could cut someone off in a heartbeat. yes, he is the king of pents and success, and i could imagine no pushover. thanks for responding; it did give me a much more wider view on that king!

PAMUYA

This is my view on this King, I am sure there are many other ways of looking at this complex king....

BrightEye

This is my favourite king, and if I could choose a husband from among the Tarot kings, he would be the one. Stability, loyalty, sensuality, comfort and a good income comes to mind. If estranged, I think this king might the one holding on much longer than any of the others. He's not one to leave his wife at the drop of a hat.

FaireMaiden

Good responses all, *s*.

The King of Pentacles astrologically represents Taurus (ruled by Venus), Virgo (ruled by Mercury), and Capricorn (ruled by Saturn). This King is a serious dude... 'dignity' means everything to him. In a romantic relationship, he's gonna pay... paying for his women is one of the ways in which he not only shows his loyalty, affection, and serious intention towards her, but his desire to 'own' her; to reserve her for himself. Because this 'earthy' King is so practical, it can feel at times that 'romance' is reduced to a business transaction! I should know, I'm a Virgo married to a Capricorn man! *lol*.

Alas, they are fairly reserved in showing their affection... they all like to keep such demonstrations behind closed doors. Their emotions run so deep, that they keep them close to the chest... they are terrified of exposing themselves and then being humiliated... as I said, 'diginity' means everything to them. The mature ones are faithful and loyal beyond belief... marriage is serious business to them, and most will try to keep the marriage intact when others would have flown the coop long ago.

They want to stay together not so much from the heart, but out of habit. 'Security' and 'Stability' are the key-words for the Pentacles Court. They prize this above all else. The less-mature ones might stray here and there, but they always come back... home, wife, family is one thing... a fling another. This King would never leave his wife for another woman. Like I said, he may dally, but at the end of the day, he's comin' home to 'mama', *lol*.

The down-side is that they're pretty boring. There's a price to pay for 'security' and 'stability', and that price is a lack of excitement. They're not running around putting together a romantic dinner with violins and whatnot. Once the 'romance' has been legalized into a 'marriage', they pretty much feel that task is over and move on to counting their money, *lol*. They worry a lot about money. It's so important to them, to their 'dignity', to be able to provide properly and well for their family. As such, they feel they can just put their feet up on the table and be done with all that romantic falderol, *lol*.

I've had to train my husband about this. And that's one of the nice things about this King, he 'is' trainable. Now my husband will bring me flowers once in a while, or a card, or buy me a spa-day gift card, stuff like that'; but in the beginning, I had to actually give him a written list of things he could do for me like this that would make me feel loved. And I'm the one who is really in charge of keeping the 'ooomph' in our marriage. I make sure we go to Vegas a few times a year... he likes that. And didn't realize how much he really needed it... to get away from it all... the house, the kids, the job of providing, until we started going regularly. We see a couple of shows, gamble a little, swim, get massages and just plain relax with each other.

If a woman degrades this King to the point of humiliation, and especially publically, he'll drop her in a New York-minute. They don't forgive, and they don't forget. They're not particularly vengeful, (leave that to Moon in Capricorn), they'd just as soon move on, they won't look back.

My husband had a girlfriend when he was younger that humiliated him, and he dropped her as I said they do, and for 25-years she tried to get in touch with him. His friends and family said she had come around periodically to get information about him, and see if he'd be willing to talk on the phone and whatnot just to catch-up, see what's goin' on, (not to get back together or anything like that). But, he'd have none of it.

Other Kings might say, 'hey, how ya doin'? what's been goin' on in your life?' blah, blah, blah... not the King of Pentacles. Their motto is 'don't ever darken my door again.' *lol*. That old saying, 'screw me once, shame on you; screw me twice shame on me', runs clear to the bone with them. They will never fully trust again a person that has so diminished them once... the hurt is never really gotten over.

willowfox

This King is sure, this one you can rely on, this guy is the bread winner and a very generous, supportive one at that, he's the family guy. True blue and trustworthy.

Upright I would think that he would remain good natured and friendly towards an ex.

Reversed Suggests that he would tell you to buzz off.

rosariangoddess

again thanks to all, for these very in depth descriptions of this king! i now have a way better understanding of how he works, what he is like. i will have to keep this in my book for future reference. awesome!

Thirteen

Sassyjackal said:
In the RWS cards, He is the only king that displays armor, a sign of protection, and strength, he also has his foot of Armor placed on a head or a helmet
Actually, you might be mistaking a footrest for a helmet. It's carved in the likeness of a bull. Bull and Goat are on his throne, Taurus and Capricorn, both the Earth signs he rules over. I'm not at all sure that's a helmet under his foot or a carved stone.

Still, it makes the point that he is armored and has a footrest. He is a king that very much sees himself as a "King" of all he surveys, all he earned and procured. He enjoys it all, is generous with it all, but never forget that it is his. Never take that generosity for granted.

Thirteen

Court Cards and Astrological Woes

FaireMaiden said:
The King of Pentacles astrologically represents Taurus (ruled by Venus), Virgo (ruled by Mercury), and Capricorn (ruled by Saturn).
Actually, it depends on the reader and the deck. Asserting astrological associations of court cards is a tricky and perilous thing because there's sure to be someone who disagrees with you strongly. Someone will shout, 'NO! He's only Capricorn! All Kings are Cardinal signs!" And someone else will shout, "NO! He's Taurus and only Taurus! Kings are Fixed signs!"

And someone else will then shout, 'NO! The Queens are fixed!" And then someone will shout, "But the Queen of Swords is Virgo!" and that's when it'll dissolve into a fist fight because that makes no sense except all Virgos identify with the Queen of Swords. :joke:

Best to mitigate all astrological observations of court cards with "The way I learned it...." or "According to...." (Whomever). The astrological associations of other cards won't lead into as much trouble, but the court cards always seem to.