The Primary Deck Reflections 2009 Sign-up & Discussion Thread

Sinduction

epvitale said:
Bitch slap, that's perfect!

I kept feeling, "I am not worthy of reading these cards. I am not worthy of reading these cards." Like I was *disturbing* my deck!!

Gary
That's how I feel about the Tarot of Dreams! I'm afraid to touch him. Usually my decks are girls so it's weird having one that feels so male to me.

I was thinking of getting started with an interview spread, so I'm glad to see others are doing that as well. I think it will be fun coming up with a spread of the week for me.

I'm thinking I may also start reading all these tarot related books I've collected over the years. I'm sure I can get through at least one a month.

faunabay

DreamWalker said:
I don't have a blog address... I don't even know how to go about it... I'll research unless someone wants to give me a quick run down...
I"m with you DreamWalker. I know I can figure it out.....I've just never run into a good enough reason to start a blog space. Now it's time though. LOL :) When my head clears a bit more (from this darn head cold) I'll get one started and give you the site KK. :p

NorthernTigress

Dreamwalker, do you have a Hotmail address, or a Windows Live (formerly MSN messenger) account? If so, you already have a blog. It's called "Your space", and you should be able to find it in your profile. That's how I was able to blog for this project.

NorthernTigress

I've added another entry. My New Year's reading with the Gilded. It'll be really interesting to go back and look at that reading as the year continues.

Onyx

This may be jus the thing . . .

I have been looking at what I want to do as a commitment to my tarot study this year. I wanted something challenging but attainable. I wanted to undergo a journey of some sort with a deck but while IDS is great it leaves me lacking. I am all fire for two to three months and then I am drained.

My ever growing collection is one thing but a couple of nights ago I came to a startling realization that scared me a bit. I have been studying tarot for a couple of years now and I am doing really well. I have learned many things about the structure and meanings for the cards. and gained an invaluable amount of insight from the cards as well. I am getting to understand Tarot and that is great. But while in bed trying desperate to get to sleep early because of an early morning I decided to work on a bit of a mental exercise which would help me relax and fall asleep. The question was "How many decks can I visualize in order from memory?" Well the Rider-Waite-Smith deck was easy but I don't use it. I then became stumped. I muddled through the Hanson Roberts pretty well but I have not used it in years.

What about my current decks? I could think of my favorite cards, some cards I didn't like much but that was it. It was disturbing. Instead of falling asleep I began to wonder why I couldn't at least picture the cards of the decks I was currently raving about online. A bit two-faced maybe. Sure I was tired but I began to consider if I needed to pick one and use it exclusively. But that is an unrealistic fantasy.

I was left with two decks. I am currently studying the Initiatory Tarot of the Golden Dawn in the IDS thread. Love it because it is new, shiny and has me considering the legacy of the Golden Dawn on modern Tarot. After that trouble night I quickly took up my Liber T which after about six-months of rest after an intense spring IDS I abandoned. This PDR exercise is perfect for me! I will study the one and with the Liber T I will continue to spend time with it in weekly in readings and blog postings.

Also this will give me something to do with my blog that I have struggled to build. Add me to the list! Looking forward to a very interesting year!

Onyx.

firecatpickles

Welcome, Onyx!

souljourney

I'm thinking about doing this too. I for the last couple of weeks have felt like I'm not into tarot as much as all my oracle... the animal ones, or a couple different divination forms.

I have a bunch of tarot decks and just ordered ToD before it goes OOP. BUT just like Onyx I can't really even go card by card for almost all of them. I haven't sat down and really tried but I think I might be able to with the Gilded, the Fey, and not even on of my definate favs... the MerryDay.

This sounds like a really doable study I think. I hope. I'm not sure...
Now to decide... MerryDay or ToD or do my own thing with a animal oracle deck... would that be ok, even if not tarot ??
And figure out the blog thing too.

Alta

Moderator note:

Hi all,

Solandia asked us a long time ago that if members wished to post their blogs, it had to be in Advertising. More or less along the lines that it was self-promotion.

Everyone can of course put their blogs into their profile so anyone can click through, so this is not unduly harsh, but please remove your blog links and simply refer others to the Website clickable word under your posts.

Thanks,
Alta
Moderator, Talking Tarot and Advertising

firecatpickles

Okay, I have replaced everyone's blog with a Hotlink directly to their Profiles. This will save us from having to go through the Thread post-by-post to read each other's blogs.

Please update your profiles with your blog address by going to:

User CP =>
Edit Profile =>
Optional Information (about half-way down the Page) =>
Home Page URL

firefrost

Hey, KK - I did it, my webpage is now my blog!

I'm joining you with my Victorian Romantic.

Now it's bedtime - see ya tomorrow. :)