TOADies Anonymous.

Padma

You're joking, right...? Earthair, you are the one who began this thread!

You can let yourself be outbid :) You can do this thing! And walk away! You can do it!!!

Alta

Best thing, just stay off eBay! Don't go into the Decks section. If you don't see them, you won't be tempted. })

earthair

You're joking, right...? Earthair, you are the one who began this thread!

You can let yourself be outbid :) You can do this thing! And walk away! You can do it!!!

I wish I was :neutral: Hey, I never said I was going to be the strong one!
Fingers crossed for an outbid.

Best thing, just stay off eBay! Don't go into the Decks section. If you don't see them, you won't be tempted. })

It should be easier to resist when stuff I'm selling has gone and I don't get bombarded with Items You May Like based on my previous bids every time I log on...

Rhapsodin

Thankfully I saw this coming some while ago so I decided to limit acquisition to fill a defined space. As I'm now at capacity if I want something new, something earlier has to go. Luckily I follow just a few artists.... It's the art I'm after.

Gulliver

Earthair, that's funny. You should build groups of two and then you can look at ebay. If one says yes, the other person has to say stop (as a rule for TOADies Anonymous).

earthair

Well no-one outbid me despite what I thought was a very low start price which someone was bound to bid up...which is a blessing because that deck hardly ever comes up for sale in UK and I'm very excited to try out the special feature of the deck. I'm a great believer that if a deck is meant to come my way, it will :angel:

I'll just have to try and redeem myself by not buying any more until the New Year... :D

schizandra

Well, if it was a rare deck that you got at a very low price at auction, that's HARDLY a cheat...! :D

Sorry, I'm bad.

Barleywine

I think I found the cure. Find so many decks that I really, really, REALLY want that I become paralyzed with indecision and don't buy any. Oh, and of course, giving my wife all my credit cards helps.

ETA: I suggest that being "paralyzed with indecision" is better than being "paralyzed with fear." "You bought HOW many, you miserable little . . ." No, she's really a very lovely lady who spends her own small fortune on "stuff," so I at least have an arguing point. (A true addict knows all the angles :))

Lareia

I don't exactly qualify as a TOADie, but as someone who collects something else (expensive figures) and can't seem to stop, the posts in here feel all to familiar. :D

Tanga

...I definitely need to avoid the "Decks" board and probably the trading one too. It'll be good as I'll be forced to read threads where I might use the decks I have, rather than find new ones that I want.

HAH! YUP - I've been doing this one. I just don't look toooo closely at those boards.

You just gave me a great idea! Don't buy any decks, just ask for them as gifts. Wife won't buy them for me any more. but there's still the kids . . .

What? Not thought of that one before? (She says - being the one who wracks her brains to think 'who might be convinced to gift what' to her...and when's her next birthday, or tea party... LOL!!!)

Well no-one outbid me despite what I thought was a very low start price which someone was bound to bid up...which is a blessing because that deck hardly ever comes up for sale in UK and I'm very excited to try out the special feature of the deck. I'm a great believer that if a deck is meant to come my way, it will :angel:

Tut tut tut..... *tapping foot as well*
:joke: