3 of cups reversed

Adriana

If you get 3 of cups reversed as how the person views themselves in a relationship reading what does that mean? The first thing that came to mind was the feeling you get when you have been overeating lol. Like you have all these sweets and at first it's good, but after 30 sweets it starts to get too much. So it starts to get similar to the 4 of cups card? You start to take it for granted. So maybe it got a bit too much for them? Or could it mean there is a 3d person involved? Could this card be just "good"?

rwcarter

3 Cups Rx could suggest that the person sees themselves as a partier or as the funloving part of the relationship. Both of those suggest a sense of irresponsibility (somebody has to go to work and pay the bills and clean the house, etc), so the person may be starting to acknowledge that side of themselves.

Rodney

WalesWoman

I was sort of thinking the opposite, that seeing themselves as 3 Cups Rx is they are no fun, stick-in-the-muds, not the buddy/companion they would wish to be and are the responsible ones doing what it takes to make things work and not finding much reason for joy or celebration.

That the relationship has become more work than fun... and not what it was cracked up to be.

SloughSister

I was thinking of people who don't connect with each other, can't get close, have purposeful or inadvertent barriers up, mistrust closeness or have a wall up about it.

Thirteen

That the relationship has become more work than fun... and not what it was cracked up to be.
I'm in agreement. This is reversed and that means the opposite of 3/Cups, which means the opposite of enjoying the party, of feeling that camaraderie. In fact, the first thought that came to my mind was "third wheel." The person who gets invited along, but feels perpetually left out. Far from over-indulging, they watch others indulging while not getting their share at all. Maybe they're even being left to clean up after the others or pay the bill.

There doesn't have to literally be another person making them feel like a third wheel, however. They could still feel that way if the person they are with is having all the fun, doing things he/she wants to do, making them feel left out.

On the the other hand, I wouldn't rule out the possibility that they might literally be the third wheel if the person they are with is hanging with his/her friends a lot, or with one particular other friend. Whether or not the sitter has said as much, there might be a "best friend" involved here who is connecting better with the boyfriend/girlfriend then they are.

I mean, really, this is a very common scenario. The girlfriend who gets dragged to whatever thing the boyfriend wants to do and he hangs with his buddies having a grand old time she is left feeling deserted and miserable. Or the boyfriend who goes out with his girl and best friend and it seems like his girl and best friend are having all the fun and locking him out of it. This is the feeling I get from 3/Cups rx. Very, very common.

nisaba

If you get 3 of cups reversed as how the person views themselves in a relationship reading what does that mean?
If happiness is when thy Cup runneth over, perhaps this is when thy cup runneth out? I'd expect this card to show its negative face if upright and itself reversed, in situations where you feel as if it would make your partner happier if you were to neglect friendships. Some people seem to think they should be all that their partner needs, and if their partner needs more then they are being disloyal or are not "in love" whatever that means. It may not be that the client's partner actually wants them to have no other friendships but it might indicate that the client themselves feels as if that is what their partner wants.

Adriana

Thanks for all the interpretations. I would have to ask the sitter in question to know the answer. But every time I think of this card in that read I get this feeling when you have ate too much sweets and/or tasted something that weren't what you really though, and now it's not at all that fun anymore. I don't know why I keep getting that feeling lol.
Do you think I should trust that feeling? When I think about it, that feeling could go hand in hand with some of the answers here.

nisaba

Do you think I should trust that feeling? When I think about it, that feeling could go hand in hand with some of the answers here.
Absolutely! The whole idea of using Tarot cards is to trigger your intuition - if it's working, then use it! <smile>