A'HA Oracle

linnie

Namaste Alta, emmsma :)

Alta, your deck was posted just over a week ago, for memory, so it will be getting close, I would imagine. :) Christmas mail and tighter security etc does seem to have slowed things down a bit, though... I certainly hope it gets to you very soon...:) Thank you for your words... I know not everyone will love square, or round, or triangular, or star-shaped... and not all will like full-colour, or B&W, or mixed... In a world with so much individuality, and so very many decks, though, I find myself deliriously happy that some wonderful people love A'HA!!! :)

emmsma... I am happy that you are happy keeping A'HA intact... absolutely up to you, of course... I just never even knew that people adjusted their decks via trimming, 'pimping', glittering and etc until I found AT!!! :)

inanna_tarot

linnie said:
I just never even knew that people adjusted their decks via trimming, 'pimping', glittering and etc until I found AT!!! :)

LOL yeah, I remember turning up to a few tarot or pagan related events with my very battered Thoth and my trimmed druidcraft, and it ALWAYS causes a stir about why I trimmed the white edges off etc.
But, if you are going to use them, love them, carry them around with you, shuffle and treasure them, then they need to be customised to make them suit you. A good deck becomes part of your hands and part of your own language.

And I keep looking over and over your cards Linnie. I might wait to see what our Alta makes of them first before I max out the credit card lol.

linnie

inanna_tarot said:
if you are going to use them, love them, carry them around with you, shuffle and treasure them, then they need to be customised to make them suit you. A good deck because part of your hands and part of your own language.

Absolutely! :) I simply hadn't heard of it all before... but everything else gets customised, and decks are about as personal an item as people can interact with, so... of course!!! I'm just glad emmsma is happy with them as they are, as it saves lots of effort, I think... but loving effort, as you point out! :)

Well, Alta will receive her deck very soon... I hope she has only wonderful things to say about it, so as to inspire you! (No pressure, Alta... honesty is always the best policy, and deck choices are very personal, as are our likes and dislikes generally :). My sincere hope is that everyone who feels moved to work with A'HA loves them, though... just natural, I guess. :))

linnie

Is this bumping???

Namaste, all... I'm still trying to figure out what 'bumping' is, think it may be doing consecutive posts on one's own thread???

I just wanted to thank NikkiB for posting a review of A'HA Oracle for me... and thanks to all of you for your enthusiasm... talk soon... Linnie :) xx

Kissa

sorry, I like this oracle deck so much, I need to bump the thread up.

The messages are clear and spot on. Linnie's LWB is full of insight and wisdom.

I have the secret project (well, not anymore LOL) of purchasing another copy of the deck and trimming it into a... ROUND deck! :)

Happy New Year to everybody, and to all of you in search of something unique & different, please consider A'HA oracle :)

PS: yes, NikkiB's review does justice to my favourite deck :) Hurray Nikki, thank YOU :)

linnie

Thank you :)

Thank you Kissa :)

That's lovely of you to bump to let people know your thoughts about A'HA... A trimmed round deck, huh??? :) I think they'd love that.... I almost did it that way, but bauked because of a few different reasons... At the time that I published A'HA I probably preferred the usual-shaped cards myself, and so thought that that would be the best way to go. Since then, I've played with a few round decks myself, and love them, too, so... :)

Thank you for your feedback and thoughts. Linnie :) xxx

ann823

I love the look of this deck, is there any chance it will be available mass market? My finances are not so hot right now.
Linnie, bumping is adding a post to a thread that is going down on the page where the tread titles are listed, or maybe has gone on to page 2, 3...or further. By adding a new post the thread is "bumped" back up to the top of the list and usually kept more active. You've created a beautiful deck!
Ann

linnie

Thank you so much, Ann. I'm always very eager for feedback re A'HA. I will talk in more length when I get over a nasty fever, but wanted to let you know I've read your post and appreciate it very much. All things good,

Linnie :)

ann823 said:
I love the look of this deck, is there any chance it will be available mass market? My finances are not so hot right now.
Linnie, bumping is adding a post to a thread that is going down on the page where the tread titles are listed, or maybe has gone on to page 2, 3...or further. By adding a new post the thread is "bumped" back up to the top of the list and usually kept more active. You've created a beautiful deck!
Ann

ann823

Take care of yourself, there's a lot of nasty stuff going around here too.

Alta

Well, I have been busy and I finally did a reading with the A'HA oracle (oops, which I received before Christmas). A caveat, I did this during commercial breaks while watching TV. :) I enjoyed the exercise if picking the first three key cards and I must say the whole message tied together very nicely after I drew the second three.