Readings about others

Shebelle

Hi. This is a question I've had for a while... Let's say you are asking the tarot about other people who are not in the room. For example: "What is going on with Person A?" or "Tell me about the relationship between Person A and Person B?" Do you think these yield accurate readings or is the reading more a reflection of your own hopes/fears for the person or people, etc? Thanks.

Grizabella

You're going to get a lot of people telling you about the "unethical" behavior of trying to read for people who aren't present. However, I don't share that opinion and feel that if you do it, you just have to understand that the answers you get are not "gospel"---that chances are great that you're going to be wrong about it. Like you said, your own hopes and wishes could get in the way or you could just interpret the cards wrong.

As far as it not being "ethical" to read for/about those not present, if you adopt that idea, you're going to limit yourself a whole lot in who and what you're willing to read for.

Sinduction

I agree with Griz.

I think it's difficult to say if the readings are accurate because you don't get feedback. Unless you might hear something later. I do these types of readings when someone is on my mind and I don't want to talk with them. Usually this means my father. We don't speak anymore but that doesn't mean I don't still care and want to know what's going on in his life.

I guess you just don't know if what you get is real or your own hopes. :D

tarotcardrose

Yes They are

Hi. I read all the time for people who are not present. In fact a few days ago I asked how my sister was, just out of boredom and trying a spread. I knew the answer as I talk to her every night. But when I pulled them that morning I got 10 of swords- 4 of swords...which to me is like a hospital. So, I called over there and my mother said that they had just taken her into the hospital , she fell and broke her back bone.

So, yes they do.

We are all one. Every one is connected

Shebelle

Thanks. I am hazy on the ethics of it... I mean, yeah, I get it. It's probs not the most ethical practice, but it's human. What I am interested in is feedback like this: is it possible to get a good reading.

I'll be honest, I'm not sure. It's hard enough for me to read for myself about situations that I care deeply about, and I'm not sure how much my energy influences the cards if I try to read about a other people who I care about -- particularly if I have a vested interest in the answer! :)

Anyhow, many, many thanks for your feedback and I hope others will share their thoughts...

enchanted spirit

Well, it can depend too on how you word the question. You can ask "What should I know about the relationship between person A and person B?" That way the reading is really about you, but then you aren't intruding into their business. I mean, I guess that's how I think about it, if I'm asking what it has to do with me, then it's about me. Just a thought . . .

superfrogsavestokyo

@enchanted- That's the way I feel, too. It comes down to the questions. I guess the aim is to not get into someone's business as well as to not interfere with the person for personal gain. Accuracy wise, I'm not really sure. I guess it could be if you know the person extremely well.

I stop at relationship spreads ,though, even when my boyfriend and I go through a rough patch. It feels like I would be going behind his back to see what's going on with him, and I prefer to talk things out. *plus I'm afraid that I'd freak out if I misread something in the cards.

edited to add a word

tarotcardrose

and

I think ( and I know this is vague too) but I think every question you ask is about everyone. If you ask about a change at work...it can tell you your boss is being fired and you will change jobs...every question you ask...in a vague and distant form does address others lives. I do not really see anything unethical about it. The only negative is that you may not ever get confirmation about the outcome.

loobiloo

I sometimes do readings for advice about how to behave towards someone, for instance if their behaviour confuses or upsets me then what is my best course of action? I often some insight into the way the other pperson is feeling along the way. The ethical issue is a difficult one since, as tarotcardrose points out, almost every question can tell you something about the behaviour or thoughts of another person :-/

tigerlily

I'd say they are as accurate as any other reading, but any other reading isn't always accurate, either! So, without feedback, you'll never know...

And I think there are more unethical things to do than gossip with your cards ;)