Pixie's Hidden Lenormand....

Queen of Disks

If nothing else it has made me dig my Original RWS back out, and wonder where my Universal Waite is so I can compare them. Thank you!

starlightexp

“Oh Tris, this is getting freaking weird.” 93 was sitting out on the deck at The Princess’s house. The cornfields and long stretches of grass behind the house was making seeing the sunset so much easier. The Princess was inside covering up the windows from the fading light. This was not her favorite time of day. The coldness of the fading light gave her a bad feeling. 93 went on “ But you know these cards are so much more straight forward then other systems.”

“I know what you mean” he replied not taking his eyes off the sky ever growing darker.

“Some decks you can’t just enjoy, you feel like your watching a damn Ingar Bergman film. Back in the 60’s it was all about fricking symbolism. You’d come out of the movie hearing people talk about how the red Jell-o stain on the back of the chair meant that Communism was taking hold of the youth or some strange crap like that.”

They laughed.

“I know, I know. There are some tarot decks that one feels that they can and really SHOULD study, but sometimes you really don’t care what the heck the 8th Babylonian god of Rectal Warts has to do on wether or not you’re going to get a job or not.”

The whole afternoon kind of was a blur. They had in the span of 2 days now come across almost a third of Pixie’s hidden deck. It was like some strange tale out of a 50s’ Weird Stories magazine. Who the heck was ever going to believe THIS one.

Having finished up her smoke 93 and him went back into the house. They were surprised to find that The Princess was waiting at the top of the stairs with an anxious look on her face.

“More cards?” he asked, only half jokingly.

“No” she replied. “I went into your bag of tarot stuff you brought. I hope your not mad. Je suis désolé?” He loved it when she slipped into her French.

“Why would I be mad?”

They walked into the bedroom and there laid out on the bed was his 1910 Pam A deck that he had won on e-bay a few years back. He carried it with him only on special occasions. Today because of what was going on he had it with him, just in case.

“Well I just felt that something was, well, how do you say… different… about the images on these cards.”

“Ok”

“Look here” She brought them over to the bed and there side by side were the 4 of Wands card from the 1910 and the new Lenormand Sun but also the 4 of Wands from 93’s regular RWS deck. “See look at the colors and the detail on the castle there.”

“It’s the same castle as in the 4 of wands.” 93 said looking at the spread of cards.

“Yes, yes, yes” stammered The Princess,” But LOOK at the colors and details”
He saw what she meant.

“The details of the shading match that of the 1910 but not of the regular RWS that US Games puts out…. What the heck…” He as well as the others were well aware of the color and shading differences in the published RWS decks but this was some new twist in the newly found cards he had never thought of.

93 did a big whoop of excitement and danced around as if all 5 cups of coffee she had that day were working all at once.

“Of course it would. Don’t you see!! That is how Pixie remembers them. Not the re-colored versions that are out now. It makes sense that she would bring her deck onto this side of the worlds in the way she had first done the art.”

He thought of this for a sec,” Why would she not just have drawn NEW cards, instead of just putting together her old art in new ways?”

“Maybe that’s all her consciousness on the other side can do” spoke The Princess after a long pause.

“I need another smoke” said 93 and she headed for the door. He went with her. It was dark out now and there was a rather strong wind starting up. They sat side by side and didn’t say anything. Really what was there to be said. Then all of a sudden a great burst of wind came up and blew the pack of cigarettes off the table and onto the lawn below.

“I’ll get them” he said, knowing that 93 still had a bad foot. He hoisted himself over the side of the wooden porch and landed on the grass. Looking around for a sec he spotted them. They were by the mugwort that he plated up there that spring. He stepped over to it and picked up the pack of smokes. Under it he saw a, now familiar sight…..two more new Pixie cards…..

Attachments

• L Card 6at.jpg
    L Card 6at.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 398
  • L Card 35at.jpg
    L Card 35at.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 403

Ashtaroot

Ooooo how very clever...
What a beautiful anchor!!! your are a genius Trismegestus... That must have taken you most of the day...
Hummm I wonder where did that come from!!!!!!!
Eveyone cmon look threw your decks })

The Anchor
The Clouds

Queen of Disks

very nice!

nicky

xoxoxoxo Pixie !

Debra

nicky said:
Trice Holy One owns a Pam A - how is this under that dubious US Games copyright?

It's not.
And I don't know if there's any reason copyright-wise to think twice about the other non-deck images 3xHoly1 is using.
Or the collaging of pieces together.

All I meant was, this is possibly the reason why this hasn't been attempted before.

Also, it's too clever! :*

AineFoley

This is absolutely amazing and must be published!!!

tarotmama

I hope you at least put out a zine with the story/images!

nicky

Debra said:
It's not.
And I don't know if there's any reason copyright-wise to think twice about the other non-deck images 3xHoly1 is using.
Or the collaging of pieces together.

All I meant was, this is possibly the reason why this hasn't been attempted before.

Also, it's too clever! :*

gotcha!

Anat said:
Well done! I can't wait to read the next installment.

Love,

Grainne

welcome to AT

smoooootch