Sweet Twilight - The World

Aerin

I just pulled out the Majors we haven't posted on yet - five of them - and it took me a while to decide which one to go with. They are all fabulous IMO.

The World really caught my and held me though: I haven't had it in a reading yet. The Earth is so lovely hanging there amongst the stars - is that the Sun??

Her (the Earth's) tears are beng passed down to a small person's bowl; said small person is standing on a lunar type world. I'm not sure the Earth is sad though, the tears have more of the sense of an offering.

There's a lone flower pointing directly at the Earth. Is some of the water going to it? Is it hoping for a gift of its own?

There's far more than one world in this card IMO.

Hemera

This is a lovely card. It is both lovely and sad like some really great art.

I always see her as sad. She has become overcrowded, polluted and disturbed in all possible ways. I think she is asking for help. I see the person with a bowl as someone who sees the whole picture and who is worried and tries to listen and learn. The person has distanced himself (to another planet) so it is easier for him to see what state the World is in.

I also think about us all one day leaving the planet (like the person with a bowl) when we die.
This card has many layers and a lot of depth in it.

Aerin

It does have a lot of depth doesn't it?

I can see that the card will have many, many possibilities in a reading. There are so many perspectives to focus on.

Hemera

Exactly! :thumbsup:
That is why I love this deck so much.
Most cards (apart from the Lovers:D })...okay, maybe that one too..I´ll have to re-program my hear for that one) seem to have so many layers. I think it is especially good for intuitive readers to have all these several possible roads to start following in a reading.

Alan Ross

Hemera said:
I always see her as sad. She has become overcrowded, polluted and disturbed in all possible ways. I think she is asking for help. I see the person with a bowl as someone who sees the whole picture and who is worried and tries to listen and learn. The person has distanced himself (to another planet) so it is easier for him to see what state the World is in.

Just out of curiosity, I did a Google search on 'tears of the world.' One result that popped up was the lyrics to a song by George Harrison:

"Tears Of The World"

War mongers terrorize us all,
Our leaders heed us to their call.
Stonewallin, voices calling,
Drowning in the tears of the world.

Big business calling ev'ry tune,
Polluting here and to the moon.
All nations, conservations,

But your lives worth saving,
We should start behaving
Like the truth's been told by saviours through our time.
Your downfall, you'll bring it on yourselves.

All warnings fall upon deaf ears,
Their scorn compounding my worst fears.
No way out, hopeless souls shout,

(Drowning in the tears of the world)
Tears of the world.

Where's your love been sleeping?
Has your heart been weeping
Over all unrighteous action in the world
Where bad jazz seems all they're laying down?

No use in turning your blind eye,
You feel the heat as you fry.
Try your best, you'll find no rest,

It's a sure bet, each pays his debts,