Stay in Bed Spread

Solty Dog

Ever have one of those days at work, where you knew you should have just stayed in bed? This is a 5 card spread that I use the night before to let me know what type of day I will have.

******3******
***2*****4***
1***********5

1. How will the drive to work be
2. How will the day be before 1st break
3. How will the day be before lunch
4. How will the day be up to quitting time
5. How will the drive home be.

Now, I dont use this as an excuse to take off work, but it helps me prepare for what is to come.

B.S Dog

yve

Interesting spread...any significance to the shape of the spread?

Solty Dog

The shape translates roughly to the path of the sun. The 3rd card is at the highest point because that takes place at lunch. Also because each card builds on the previous one, it felf right to escalate them and after lunch its all downhill from there.

B.S Dog.

Imagemaker

I like the time divisions of the day in this. Could we call it The Arc of the Sun spread? Fits the shape and the time-idea of the positions.

And by the time you get to work, it's too late to stay in bed :)

yve

I can't wait to try your spread Solty....perhaps imagemaker has a point, we shouldn't use a spread to tell us not to get up...perhaps we can use it to prepare us/give us insight into the day ahead!

Solty Dog

I like the name Arc of the Sun, it can of course be modified to those schedules that are different shifts. Mine is 7 am to 4pm.

And I would never use this as an excuse to take off from work, I have plenty of other reasons to do that. I just like to know what will be thrown at me so I can defend or embrace as needed.

Its been very accurate, as I know when either the day will be hectic or I will get to relax and enjoy a refreshing Iced Tea.

B.S. Dog

Shalott

Looks good, I'll have to try this, those of us who live in metro areas with pain-in-the-arse commutes could always use the extra psyche-up.

WaterQueene

Solty,

I love this spread! I will try it tonight for tomorrow.

GypsyMeli

I love the idea of this spread. I just did it and I think it was right on. I work night shifts at a bar and for Card #1 I was told I would feel defensive and have tension. That is very true of my drive to work everyday. It told me that at the end of my shift someone from my past would come in and that would make me feel unsafe and in need of protection. I do have a guy that comes into my bar on occasion, an older guy who talks to me in a brainwashing manner trying to get me to go out with him. I'm thinking of not working tonight, I'm afraid to face it. If I don't go, I will still find out if the guy came in to the bar from my friends and I will let you know.

GypsyMeli

This spread was right on the money. thanks!