Business Cards for professional readers

Free Flight

I am curious what others here at AT have on their professional reading business cards. I am looking at getting some printed up but not too sure how much information to put on it

The basic and logical thing to write would be one's name and number with the infamous words
tarot reader

But something else to jazz it up...
Any suggestions.

x FF

Imagemaker

In the past I've been a writing consultant for people designing business cards. Usually (besides name, title and contact info) clients have a tagline (3-6 words) that either says something about them--can be either a philosophy/approachto the work, or what they do/provide for a client.

Like for tarot:
traditional wisdom, compassionate advice (or)
let the cards help you see (or)
providing insight and possibilities

Sometimes people like a logo or maybe a pale graphic behind the text.

Free Flight

Imagemaker said:
In the past I've been a writing consultant for people designing business cards. Usually (besides name, title and contact info) clients have a tagline (3-6 words) that either says something about them--can be either a philosophy/approachto the work, or what they do/provide for a client.

Like for tarot:
traditional wisdom, compassionate advice (or)
let the cards help you see (or)
providing insight and possibilities

Sometimes people like a logo or maybe a pale graphic behind the text.

thanks Imagemaker. this is great advice. I hadnt even thought of a logo. Oh dear lots of work ahead :D :D Should be fun though.

I also really like the three word statements, they are great!

bladeraven

I don't know if you have Microsoft Publisher..but they offer a business card template and it's a great way to just play around with wording and graphics to get what you want.......

Umbrae

My suggestion: Keep it simple. You are a reader (that’s why they come to you – to have their cards read), they don’t go to a graphic artist to have their cards read.

Seriously…your card should look like a 12-year old designed it. I put all the print over on the left. I use no logo. (trust me, I’ve tried this about every way you can think of, tag lines, logo’s…)

It looks like this.

Name
Title

Phone number
e-mail address

that’s it. All over on the left. That leaves you the rest of the card to put their year number, or soul and or personality number…

It gives you a reason to give the card to them – so they can have the number – which now gives them a reason to keep the card and not toss it!

If your card looks too slick…and you hide the number on the back, the number of referrals and call-backs is seriously reduced. To the public, Slick = self-promotion. To the public, a Real Tarot Reader ain't slick.

(this post is based on 30 years experience – experiment if you choose…but you’ll be losing sitters)

Aura Wolf

Just a thought, I made my own business cards just by purchasing a blank set of Avery business cards (I think around $5-$10 gets you 100, they come in sheets that you pull apart), designing the card image in a photo program and pasting it into a pre-set template in a word program (MS Works & Word and I think WordPerfect have them). Then you just print. At least I liked this because it was a personal experience and I'm sure saved me some money. Then again I designed mine in Photoshop, which I think most people probably don't have :D but my design is quite simple (actually I made two different ones). Just an image on one side and then all the basic info, "Tarot Readings by Amy", phone #, web address (for online readings), and one of those little 3-word-slogans :D

Free Flight

Umbrae said:
My suggestion: Keep it simple. You are a reader (that’s why they come to you – to have their cards read), they don’t go to a graphic artist to have their cards read.

Seriously…your card should look like a 12-year old designed it. I put all the print over on the left. I use no logo. (trust me, I’ve tried this about every way you can think of, tag lines, logo’s…)

It looks like this.

Name
Title

Phone number
e-mail address

that’s it. All over on the left. That leaves you the rest of the card to put their year number, or soul and or personality number…

It gives you a reason to give the card to them – so they can have the number – which now gives them a reason to keep the card and not toss it!

If your card looks too slick…and you hide the number on the back, the number of referrals and call-backs is seriously reduced. To the public, Slick = self-promotion. To the public, a Real Tarot Reader ain't slick.

(this post is based on 30 years experience – experiment if you choose…but you’ll be losing sitters)

Umbrae this is good advice thanks. I dont have the time to do a logo nor am I artistic enough to do anything too swish, so I think I will go for this sort of basic card

Grizabella

Great advice, Umbrae. I'm going to borrow it.

mac22

Umbrae said:

It looks like this.

Name
Title

Phone number
e-mail address

I TOTALLY agree i don't even give a ph. number [less idiots & desperate people]. Instead I add by appointment only. Like you I've tried it all in 30+ yrs. This works simple works!

Nina*

Umbrae said:
Name
Title

Phone number
e-mail address

I really REALLY love this advice - it makes so much sense...
Thank you, Umbrae!

xxx
Nina