The Process by Dan Pelletier 6 Audio CD's

starlightexp

It wasn't that I didn't learn anything at all from it. Of course there's something to learn from just about anything. It was just that I think there was too much space taken up with roses and what-not that could have been better used on the topic of Tarot.

Yea I felt that it was padded a lot to get it to the length that it was. I love a good metaphor and all but that too up way to much space on such an expensive project. Maybe to I was expecting some great breakthrough that didn't happen. I remember when it was being almost looked upon as the THE great work of tarot in a long time. The gushing praise and how everyone was 'getting out their coats and notebooks' and I was so excited to get it. Then about 2/3 the way through I was like ...urg... really... MORE rose stories... Even coming from my Taoist side it was a bit to much. I will admit that the production values were top notch. Lisa did an amazing job with it. I passed it onto a friend who I think actually had the same reaction I did.

Grizabella

Well, the topic one would think, would be "the process" as the name suggests. That, to me, led me to believe it would be more about the process one goes through to a) learn Tarot and b) put it to use as a reader and then maybe pad it with anecdotes illustrating some of the facts. When a person writes a book, they organize the pertinent facts into a fairly compact and cohesive unit that follows a theme. This was a spoken narrative, but it would still seem that it should have accomplished the same that a book would in being a compact relating of facts and anecdotes starting at one point and winding up at another. It just all seemed too loose and sprawling so that we never got a lot of "meat" with the "potatoes". There could have been a whole lot more packed into the allotted space in my opinion.

If it works for some, then I'm glad for them. It didn't work for me, that's all. I really tried to give it every chance, but it wasn't my cup of tea. I give everyone involved in making the series props for their earnestness and good intentions as well as their hard work in producing a set of quality CD's. I'm also glad for those who loved the set and I'm glad it worked for them. :)

Babalon Jones

I would buy this in an instant if it were in book form...I just cannot do audio. I think I lack the patience to make myself listen. I am a very very fast reader, ridiculously so. It pains me to have to slow down to spoken speed. Perhaps if I had a long commute, but even then, I find my mind just drifts away.

And reading, you could skim the "filler" like the roses and stuff mentioned, while lingering over the meat, you know?

Oh well, if wishes were horses and all that...

I loved reading the threads he posted on it.

inanna_tarot

I got it a few months ago and when I feel inclined I take out my journal and listen and make notes on it. There is something about it which I find just slows me down enough to think. When reading books I'm too busy gobbling up the words and the concepts, moving from one thing to the next that I don't actually digest it or do the 'homework' that is recommended before going on to the next bit.
But with the Process I do - I've been working with the cards for a long while and I'm still learning stuff like the astrology, kabbalah and everything else, all the 'bumph' but what I love about the Process is that unless it actually helps you do a reading in front of someone, is it really tarot still? is it really why you picked up the cards and started it?

Yes I love learning all the other stuff, but in the back of my head I think more about the reading experience, rather than me gaining kudos points about all the random stuff I know.

RexMalaki

When I listen to The Process I feel like Umbrae is my teacher...I am almost though with listening for the third time. The first time though I took notes, in pencil, lol... Since then, I like to walk...and I listen while I walk.

Does he grate on my nerves...yes...(sometimes I think "pompous bastard; who do you think you are?")...but that is part of the lesson..."How do we react when our expectations are not met?". If we have no emotional reaction are we really listening?

The rose sequences are not filler...they are metaphors for reading tarot! If you heard them as filler listen again.

The whole thing is about thinking on multiple levels which is what reading Tarot is all about for me...

Anyone can quote what is written in a book if they memorize it or read it...not everyone can OPEN their mind to thought...especially NEW thought.

...also I acknowledge that we all learn and think differently...to each his/her own...

...as I said before it has helped me.

Grizabella

I recognize the roses as being metaphorical and always did, it just wasn't what I was looking for at the time. I'm totally glad that so many people have gotten helped by The Process and find it useful on their Tarot journey. I'm sure that's exactly the audience Dan was trying to reach. :)