Major Arcana and the Thelemic Holy Season

Always Wondering

Lust. Teth
Liber Stella Rubeae

I leap with joy within thee; my head is arisen to strike.
O the lust, the sheer rapture, of the life of the snake in the spine!
Mightier than God or man, I am in them, and pervade them.
Follow out these my words.
Fear nothing.
Fear nothing.
Fear nothing.
For I am nothing, and me thou shalt fear, O my virgin, my prophet within whose bowels I rejoice.
Thou shalt fear with the fear of love: I will overcome thee.
Thou shalt be very nigh to death.
But I will overcome thee; the New Life shall illumine thee with the Light that is beyond the Stars.
Thinkest thou? I, the force that have created all, am not to be despised.
And I will slay thee in my lust.
Thou shalt scream with the joy and the pain and the fear and the love --- so that the Lambda-Omicron-Gamma-Omicron-Sigma of a new God leaps out among the Stars.
There shall be no sound heard but this thy lion-roar of rapture; yea, this thy lion-roar of rapture.

It's a pretty short Liber, but I couldn't take the whole thing at once. :laugh: Intense.

AW

Always Wondering

The Chariot. Cheth
Cancer
Liber Cheth.

I remember what a hard time I had with Cheth last year, and since discovered my ascendant was Cancer. I flat out didn't believe my astrologer friend. It was the hardest thing for me to accept about myself and also the most freeing thing to accept about myself.

This Path is beyond Life and Death; it is also beyond Love; but that ye know not, for ye know not Love.

I suppose it's because I have Cancer Ascending this line gets to me every time.
I guess it's time to accept and free myself of this.

AW

Always Wondering

The Lovers. Zayin
Liber LXV

Liber LXV still baffels me. But given Zayin today, maybe, at least Chapter 2 is supposed to.

Case again.

The FIRE of the Father
Is shut up in the WATER of the Mother,
And from this FIRE and WATER
Proceedeth the Airy spirit
Of the path of the Sword.
And this Airy spirit
Is the breath of my angel, Raphael,
He who rightly apportioneth my Word,
And ruleth as lord in the sign of the Twins.

AW

Aeon418

Liber LXV still baffels me. But given Zayin today, maybe, at least Chapter 2 is supposed to.
I like this section from chapter 2.
17. Also the Holy One came upon me, and I beheld a white swan floating in the blue.
18. Between its wings I sate, and the æons fled away.
19. Then the swan flew and dived and soared, yet no whither we went.
20. A little crazy boy that rode with me spake unto the swan, and said:
21. Who art thou that dost float and fly and dive and soar in the inane? Behold, these many æons have passed; whence camest thou? Whither wilt thou go?
22. And laughing I chid him, saying: No whence! No whither!
23. The swan being silent, he answered: Then, if with no goal, why this eternal journey?
24. And I laid my head against the Head of the Swan, and laughed, saying: Is there not joy ineffable in this aimless winging? Is there not weariness and impatience for who would attain to some goal?
25. And the swan was ever silent. Ah! but we floated in the infinite Abyss. Joy! Joy!
White swan, bear thou ever me up between thy wings!
The flight on the swan is the ecstatic consciouness of the Adept in K&C. In stark contrast is the "little crazy boy" who represents the rational mind. He's a bit like a child in the back seat of a car on a long road trip. "Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?" :laugh:

Always Wondering

That is helpful, thanks.

Any thought on the four bladed sword of Chapter 5?
All this while did Adonai pierce my being with his sword that hath four blades; the blade of the thunderbolt, the blade of the Pylon, the blade of the serpent, the blade of the Phallus

My Vav day was not as I hoped. I suffered unspeakable things. :laugh: :sarcasm: Speaking of which if anyone here got spamed by my hijacked email address, sorry. :|

Today is The Star. Hey.
I thought I would try it without the switch this year and maybe get an insight to why Thelema.org didn't. I guess it's over my head. I kept wanting to see the Emperor in Liber Ararita, Chapter Six

4. Our loves have brought to birth the Father and Creator of all things.
5. He hath established the elements; the aether, the air, the water, the earth, and the fire.
6. He hath established the wandering stars in their courses.
7. He hath ploughed with the seven stars of his Plough, that the Seven might move indeed, yet ever point to the unchanging One.
8. He hath established the Eight Belts, wherewith he hath girdled the globes.
9. He hath established the Trinity of Triads in all things, forcing fire into fire, and ordering all things in the Stable Abode of the Kings of Æ.
10. He hath established His rule in His kingdom.
11. Yet the Father also boweth unto the Power of the Star 418 and thereby
12. In his subtlety He expandeth it all into twelve rays of the Crown.
13. And these twelve rays are One.

But this is lovely for the Hey of my understanding.

0. Deeper and deeper into the mire of things! Farther and farther into the never-ending Expansion of the Abyss.
1. The great goddess that bendeth over the Universe is my mistress; I am the winged globe at her heart.
2. I contract ever as she ever expandeth;
3. At the end it is all one.

AW

Aeon418

Any thought on the four bladed sword of Chapter 5?
It spells out the name ADNI - Adonai.

The thunderbolt is the whirling swastika and corresponds to the letter Aleph.

Pylon comes from the Greek word for gate. A gate by another name is a Door - Daleth.

The Serpent/Snake is part of the tripartite Scorpionic sex force - Nun.

The Phallus in it's simplest expression is the letter Yod.

This symbolism occurs again in the final verse where the letter Heh(Nuit) is added to make a pentagrammaton. ADHNI = 70.
65. So also is the end of the book, and the Lord Adonai is about it on all sides like a Thunderbolt, and a Pylon, and a Snake, and a Phallus, and in the midst thereof he is like the Woman that jetteth out the milk of the stars from her paps; yea, the milk of the stars from her paps.

Always Wondering

I would have never figured that, not for a couple more years anyway. I kept thinking four worlds or four seasons. Thanks.

Today is The Empress. Daleth. Pylon.;)
Liber VII Chapter 7
More marble. Lots of marble in the holy books. Cold grey statues. Maybe it's connected to the grey land, mad men, and impudent children who can't wait to get there.

It's really starting to feel like a holiday, and I don't just mean that I begin my feasting with brunch tomorrow. How convient is Easter? And I don't have to cook.

24.Oh rejoice! rejoice!
25.My God! O my God! I am but a speck in the star-dust of ages; I am the Master of the Secret of Things.
26.I am the Revealer and the Preparer. Mine is the Sword—and the Mitre and the Wingèd Wand!
27.I am the Initiator and the Destroyer. Mine is the Globe—and the Bennu bird and the Lotus of Isis my daughter!
28.I am the One beyond these all; and I bear the symbols of the mighty darkness.
29.There shall be a sigil as of a vast black brooding ocean of death and the central blaze of darkness, radiating its night upon all.
30.It shall swallow up that lesser darkness.
31.But in that profound who shall answer: What is?
32.Not I.
33.Not Thou, O God!
34.Come, let us no more reason together; let us enjoy! Let us be ourselves, silent, unique, apart.

AW

Always Wondering

meditation without tears ;)

High Priestess. Gimel
Book of Law Chapter One.

I pretty much imersed myself in it this morning. It had a strange effect. I went out in the world and everyone seemed so forgien. Lately it's seemed that way. People look stranger and stranger to me, sometimes alien. This morning it was very strong. I'm drug free now but it reminded me of those strange mushroom trips of my wild youth. :laugh: I think this is Crowley's doing. All those mad people of the grey land.

Last night it occured to me that I have gotten this far into the holy season with no tears during meditation. These must have tapered off sometime this winter without me noticing.

But to love me is better than all things: if under the night stars in the desert thou presently burnest mine incense before me, invoking me with a pure heart, and the Serpent flame therein, thou shalt come a little to lie in my bosom. For one kiss wilt thou then be willing to give all; but whoso gives one particle of dust shall lose all in that hour. Ye shall gather goods and store of women and spices; ye shall wear rich jewels; ye shall exceed the nations of the earth in splendour & pride; but always in the love of me, and so shall ye come to my joy. I charge you earnestly to come before me in a single robe, and covered with a rich headdress. I love you! I yearn to you! Pale or purple, veiled or voluptuous, I who am all pleasure and purple, and drunkenness of the innermost sense, desire you. Put on the wings, and arouse the coiled splendour within you: come unto me!

Thou shalt come a little to lie in my bosom. How lovely is that?

AW

Always Wondering

Then Magus. Beth
Book of Law Chapter 2

I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

I'm going. Up north to visit family for while. :laugh:

AW

Grigori

Priestess/Nuit day for me yesterday. Burnt resinous incense, read Chapter 1 of Liber Al, and the the Tao de Ching, and popped a bit of lapis around the house. And being a convenient public holiday, also had a feast in the park with a goddess and spent some time enjoying "the many". Now what to do for Hadit today...?