Thelemic Holy Days

Zephyros

I admit to not doing the entire Major Arcana thing these past few weeks, but I just finished reading the first chapter of the Book of Law and plan to greet the morning with a Liber Resh. I plan to do a big, Will-centered reading in two days, too. It seems fitting. I am also contemplating the Priestess today, and the Magus and Fool tomorrow and the next day. This has really given insights when looked at through the lens of the BoL.

How are you celebrating the reception of the Book of Law?

Grigori

I went to a Turkish restaurant for a feast with some thelemite friends, and dessert was preceded by a reading from the BoL. Gotta love a good feast :)

Zephyros

I can't have feasts, it is my Will to be on a low carb diet before summer :livelong:

Aeon418

I can't have feasts, it is my Will to be on a low carb diet before summer :livelong:
No problem. Thelemic Feast Days are non fattening. ;)
Wiki said:
The word "feast" in this context does not mean "a large meal, typically a celebratory one", but instead "an annual religious celebration, a day dedicated to a particular saint"

Babalon Jones

I had too many wines that foam the other day...wait, that was National Beer Day

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Beer_Day_(United_States)

while I admit to not doing the formal suggested readings, I have been completely immersed and steeped in texts and arcana the last few weeks so it must count for something.

I think though I will mark today and tomorrow with the readings for Hadit and Heru-Ra-Ha though, as it feels appropriate. your idea of a big Will centered reading is a good one too.

Barleywine

No doubt, and the "Greater" they are, the more slimming they get. :)

Yes, especially when you get to the "Feast of the Five-day Fast!" (No, I just made that up ;))

Zephyros

Yes, especially when you get to the "Feast of the Five-day Fast!" (No, I just made that up ;))

I guess my joke didn't work as planned. A Greater Feast is for when you're dead :)