Book of Thoth study group?

Aeon418

This is just a suggestion, but is anyone up for a Book of Thoth study group? So many people seem to be terrified by this book because they think it's too complicated. Maybe a study group thread could solve that problem?

Ross G Caldwell

Aeon418 said:
This is just a suggestion, but is anyone up for a Book of Thoth study group? So many people seem to be terrified by this book because they think it's too complicated. Maybe a study group thread could solve that problem?

Well, let's go I say! But isn't there already a Thoth study group?

Aeon418

Yeah, there's a study group for the cards themselves but not for the book. Some people seem to be put off by the book because they think it's too deep.

I remember the first time I read the Book of Thoth back in the 80's. For the first 50 pages or so I was lost. It all sounded fantastic but I didn't understand a bloody word. :) That spurred me on. I wanted to understand what he was going on about. But I can understand how many people, especially beginners, feel totally lost when they first approach the book. They feel overwhelmed, get frustrated and stick the book on the shelf and leave it to gather dust. A real shame. :(

catlin

I'd be interested, so count me in, please.

BrightEye

Oh yes please, I'd love to.

blackadder

I'm interested too. I've actually have owned this book for several years, but I've only paged through the book. It seems to be way over my head!

Moonbow

Silly question... :)

Do we need the book, to join in? I used to have a link for the book online but it doesn't work anymore. (unless people know of another link).

I would love to join in on this, although I expect I'll be reading and asking questions more than anything else!

Netzach

blackadder said:
I'm interested too. I've actually have owned this book for several years, but I've only paged through the book. It seems to be way over my head!

Well you're one up on me - I've had it for several years and have never even opened it!

And yes, I'd like to join too, please.

AbstractConcept

If it's an open invite, I'm in :D