Intensive Deck Study (IDS) Support Thread ~ Part 3

rwcarter

This is Part 3 of the Support Thread for those involved in the IDS. The previous threads can be found here for Part 1 and here for Part 2.

Anyone is welcome to join in at any time, with any deck, for any duration they care to commit to. To join, all you have to do is post in this thread to say you're joining and let us know what deck(s) you'll be using.

This thread is where you can post about your difficulties, your triumphs, breakthroughs, and maybe even chat with others using the same deck in their own IDS. This thread is not about judging people's difficulties or failures, but about supporting people when/if they run into problems with their IDS.

Many of the first group of IDSers found it useful to change their signatures to reflect their participation in the IDS. Doing so identifies you as an IDSer across the forums and also reinforces your commitment to your IDS. As with everything else in the IDS, this step is voluntary.

Most IDSers have found it helpful to post a list of pledges about what they will/won't do during their IDS. Here is one post about what did and didn't work for me in making (and keeping) my pledges for the first IDS.

afrosaxon's synopsis of the IDS can be found here.

Current list of IDSers and Decks:
2_Journey - Fairytale
Angie9 - Victorian Romantic
Asbestos Mango - Archeon
ariela - Transparent Tarot
Brigid - Tarot of the Masters (Ricklef)
Cat* - Greenwood
cherylleebest - Rider Waite
Chiska - Pythagorean and Mythic
DaisyDragonfly - Victorian Romantic/Bohemian Gothic
DreamWalker - Inner Child Cards
Emily - Liber T
emmaleigh - Rider Waite
emmsma - TdM and Gypsy Fortunes Cards
Faolainn Storm - Greenwood and Tarot of the Sidhe
Golden Moon - Pictorial Key Tarot
Hemera - Sweet Twilight
hunter - Rabbit
ILuvEire - Golden Tarot (Kat Black) and the Mystical Lenormand
Jyscal - Rider Waite and Angel Oracle
kinanoe - Enchanted
kmartin60 - Vargo Gothic
Llynn - Master
LotusSong - Shakespearean Tarot
Mariana - Druidcraft
Mateo06 - Hanson Roberts
MistressNatasha - Gilded
Nicky - Thoth
Nina – Thoth
NoelleNoey - Mystic Faerie
olivia1 - Universal (LoS)
Onyx - Liber T
NamasteIndia - Rider Waite
Promise - Tarot of Prague
redflash - Greenwood
rwcarter – Mythic
sapienza - Dame Fortune's Wheel
Simsy - Thoth
SistaSpirit - Rider Waite
skimo - Deviant Moon
Skydancer - Sweet Twilight
SolSionnach – Noblet/Greenwood
sweet_intuition - Tarot of Dreams
The Red Queen - Buckland Romani
teomat - Tarot of Marseille (Grimaud)
Tharivol - Clow cards
TherionHowl - Thoth
thorhammer - William Blake Tarot of the Creative Imagination
tigerlily - Llewellyn
vanity - Paulina
Welf - Bohemian Gothic
Wendywu - Ironwing
w0ndrfulelectr1c - Golden Tarot of Klimt
yaraluna - Jodo-Camoin Marseilles
zan_chan - Haindl

If you don't see your name above, please post here in the thread and/or PM me and I'll make sure you get added.

Rodney

Mariana

Yey, a whole new thread - feels like I'm entering a empty ballroom, so much space to dance in. :D

My pledge: only Anna K's deck for 2009, no study books, no pressure. Just me and the deck getting to know each other at our own pace.

SolSionnach

Responding to Scion (in the previous thread) responding to me:

Originally Posted by sravana
Scion, do you do a search on "Liber T" just to see who's talking about it?

I haven't seen you around here for ages! How's the Liber T book coming?

Originally Posted by Scion
LOL No the Decan spirits just nudge me in directions, I guess. You know how it is with the Lords of Time...

The book is on hold because of preproduction on a film, but I'll get back to it shortly. I miss chipping away at it (and Gundel's German) actually. And as it turns out, it really is a book that will be usable for any GD deck based on Book T, not just the Liber T deck... although I can give you a thousand reasons why the Liber T is such an EXCELLENT choice.

New from Sravana
Actually, how *is* it with the lords of time? ;) ;) :p

Rodney, change my IDS to Liber T/Thoth. I want to find out about those Lords of Time (and I used to read quite well with Thoth.)

Good luck with your film, and keep us posted on that dayum book. (It's so good to see you around here, Shawn...)

ETA: just make it Liber T. It's art is so much better than the Thoth's!

rwcarter

sravana said:
Rodney, change my IDS to Liber T/Thoth. I want to find out about those Lords of Time (and I used to read quite well with Thoth.)

ETA: just make it Liber T. It's art is so much better than the Thoth's!
Done. Didn't you give the Liber T a try before? Here's to hoping it's a much smoother journey this time around....

Rodney

SolSionnach

rwcarter said:
Done. Didn't you give the Liber T a try before? Here's to hoping it's a much smoother journey this time around....

Rodney
Hi Rodney,
Yeah, I think I worked with it for a couple of weeks before. Scion just inspired me in the "decks you're intimidated by" thread, so here I go.

I will be doing jmd's TdM 30 weeks course starting in March, so I don't really have that long to work with it before I'm off to something new and different. That being said, I could imagine that I might keep working with the IDS deck while studying the TdM (of course, that's not much of an IDS then, is it?!)

rwcarter

sravana said:
That being said, I could imagine that I might keep working with the IDS deck while studying the TdM (of course, that's not much of an IDS then, is it?!)
Nah, it'd just be a different IDS, an Intensive Decks Study instead of an Intensive Deck Study.... ;)

The Liber T is on my ever-lengthening short list of decks I want to get around to working with....

Rodney

Madame Squee

Hi Rodney,

How wonderful to have a new IDS thread and a new start! Thank you very much.

Please change my user name from cronesayer to Queen of Spades and change my deck to the Whispering Tarot (by Elizabeth Hazel). (11/4/09: Please change my name from Queen of Spades to The Red Queen, and my new deck is the Buckland Romani Tarot.)

I think your point about setting up an IDS signature is really a good one, so I'll be doing that this time, and I'll be back later with my pledge. Here 'tis:

IDS Pledge​

(edited Nov. 4, 2009)​
1. I am studying and reading with the Buckland Romani Tarot.
2. My IDS begins on Wednesday, Nov. 4 and will continue at least until Dec. 31, 2009.
3. I may refer to the companion book and other reference materials as necessary during my IDS.
4. I will keep myself on track by reading this thread on a daily basis and posting here and/or in the daily draw thread.
5. I will keep a handwritten daily journal, including a page for each card.
6. I will keep in mind that buying/trading decks interferes with my ability to maintain my IDS pledge and refrain from going to the places where I'm tempted to engage in commerce.
7. I will keep my BRT with me at all times.

x
TRQ

DreamWalker

I Cant Believe It!

It happened... The one thing I was certain wouldn't happen... I have been working with the Inner Child cards for years and am in the middle of IDS... totally committed to this deck and learning it in a deeper way... not a thought of cheating or looking at any other deck since this one... Seen beautiful ones in stores, didn't have an interest... I've had many decks that I used prior that were ok but I knew I'd find MY deck.. so when I was gifted the inner child I thought yeah, - this deck is THE ONE...

and then - today, it happened... I am totally tempted and I can't believe I haven't seen this deck sooner... Seen the names many times... Today ran into the fool card of it, online... and I was struck IMMEDIATELY...

I am disappointed and excited all at once! Its like when you find a new potential partner or something... those excited feelings... grrrr...

THE GILDED TAROT! why oh why haven't I seen it sooner?

grrrr...

so, I am committed to my study of the inner child cards... I feel a sadness for them though... is that totally silly? a sadness because I know once I get my hands on this other deck..........................................

oy...

I have given myself til May 1st (I think - have to check my pledge haha) to finish my IDS with the Inner child... if all goes well - I will reward myself with The Gilded -

Just thought I'd vent a little... anyone able to relate? ( I almost laughed typing that!)

rwcarter

Dream,

What cave have you been hiding in that you hadn't seen the Gilded before? :laugh:

In the first IDS, most folks allowed themselves to look through any new decks they purchased to verify they were complete and then they would put the new deck(s) away until their IDS was done.

If you find your infatuation with the Gilded interfering with your IDS with the Inner Child cards, then I think you should go to your local metaphysical bookstore (assuming you have one) and look through their demo copy of the deck. (Or look online at taroteca to see the whole deck.) Maybe seeing the whole deck will dim your ardor for the deck. Maybe not.

I bet you can also check the De-enabling thread. I'm sure people have savaged the deck there in order to de-enable folks from it.

Stay strong,
Rodney

DreamWalker

rwcarter said:
Dream,

What cave have you been hiding in that you hadn't seen the Gilded before? :laugh:

In the first IDS, most folks allowed themselves to look through any new decks they purchased to verify they were complete and then they would put the new deck(s) away until their IDS was done.

If you find your infatuation with the Gilded interfering with your IDS with the Inner Child cards, then I think you should go to your local metaphysical bookstore (assuming you have one) and look through their demo copy of the deck. (Or look online at taroteca to see the whole deck.) Maybe seeing the whole deck will dim your ardor for the deck. Maybe not.

I bet you can also check the De-enabling thread. I'm sure people have savaged the deck there in order to de-enable folks from it.

Stay strong,
Rodney

ha! right... no, cave, although I have always been intrigued by the idea of living in one for a short duration... But, heres the thing... either, I have seen the deck and not been struck by it until I saw this particular card OR its just my nature... I tend to find something I like and I don't tend to feel the urge to veer away from it... I am that way with my man, with food to an extent... I find something I like in a restaurant and I'll order it every single time without even ever trying anything else... Same with my coffee... Iced Americano double shot - 1x a day... They have my coffee waiting for me when I pull up... Seriously! :) Good thing its not an expensive drink! or fattening... :) The best thing about this all is that I am a Sagittarius with a Gemini moon... You'd think I'd have tried all the decks at least ONCE! Its funny though that I consider myself a 'Jill of all trades - Master of none'... Hence why after 17.5 years of reading tarot I am just now doing an 'intensive study'... I do seek to 'master' Tarot readings- in a sense...

So, now, you have given some good advice... I am going to check out the whole deck before I purchase it, of course... I can't see buying it sight unseen, even though my favorite deck of my possession was given to me! Would I have bought it? I dunno...

ON another note, I am thoroughly enjoying my intensive study of the Inner Child cards... so very insightful... How they are manifesting in my life is veryyyy interesting... I am gaining a much deeper understanding... And a feeling of being able to relate to each card... On the other hand, if I am reading intuitively, what I am learning may go out the window, but I will still have this strange sort of relationship with it to enable the message to be conveyed to me easily... (my hope anyways!)

Thanks for the support... funny I am hoping I don't get a wandering eye and start seeking out another deck... Interesting this would happen NOW... Perhaps as we grow and evolve, so too might our deck of preference......

Be well! happy studying everyone!