The Wild Unknown VI Swords

Sulis

6 Swords lie at the bottom of the card in a heap but they are only just visible through the darkness of the card which looks like heavy rain. The cards is completely dark until we get to the very top where there is a rainbow and above that is pure white.

6s to me are about balance and harmony and since they are related to The Lovers, they are also about the choices that we make to achieve balance and harmony after the upset of the 5s.
In the case of Swords this means balance and harmony of mind, thought and communication. It's a card about metaphorically moving away from your problems to gain objectivity and perspective and I think this image illustrates that perfectly.

When you're in the middle of something it's very difficult to be objective, it's very difficult to think clearly and constructively so this card reminds you to remove yourself from the situation, even if that's only metaphorically removing yourself. Keep clear thought and objectivity as your focus and your aim. Make choices that will enable you to see things as they really are and not as if they are just surrounded by darkness.

Clarity is the goal and that's what's above the rainbow.

Attachments

• 6 Swords.jpg
    6 Swords.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 972

ladybird

Thanks, Sulis, I love your insights and the way you are reading using the TdM method.

I thought I would summarize what the book has to say since I know some of you didn't get it. (She generally uses RWS meanings but with a personal touch.) I obviously won't plagiarize but here's a sort of bullet point list of what she talks about.

The keywords:
hope at last, travel

And a summary from her page in the book:
*recuperating from hard times
*"hope is on the horizon"
*things are getting better
*rest and surrounding oneself with joyful friends
*get out of town to lift one's spirits

lark

I hardly have anything else to add you sumed it up so beautifully.

This is one card that I am going to add a bit of color too...it really feels like the black should be blue, like water...it would feel so much like the swords are floating towards the rainbow...it would make a big impact for me psychic/meaning wise if it was blue.
Dark blue gradually turning to lighter blue like it does when you get close to the shore.
Yes, I'm going to do that.
Floating out of deep water into a calmer, safer place....a placed of hope, and renewal.

Sulis

I pulled this card a couple of days ago when asking about a friend of mine who has a terminal illness and has been in hospital for the last few weeks. I took it to mean that she would come out of the darkness this time and that some respite would be soon, on the horizon... The next day she telephoned to say that she's a little better and will be going home next week....
So she's moved a little nearer to the rainbow (which could mean she's a little closer to the end) but she had got the respite that she needed and there is still some hope for a little more time...
For now, the darkness is receding a little.

lark

Yes, that is something that is beyond all worth with tarot.
When the cards confirm a meaning through life experience, that you have seen in a card...before hand...or even a totally new meaning.
Makes it ever so fresh and interesting.

Blessed healing to your friend Sulis. :love:

celticnoodle

This is one card that I am going to add a bit of color too...it really feels like the black should be blue, like water...it would feel so much like the swords are floating towards the rainbow...it would make a big impact for me psychic/meaning wise if it was blue.
Dark blue gradually turning to lighter blue like it does when you get close to the shore.
Yes, I'm going to do that.
Floating out of deep water into a calmer, safer place....a placed of hope, and renewal.
I agree with you here Lark. I think if the water were also colored--at least a bit, blue and turning gradually to a lighter blue, it would help to signify there is still hope for everything to work out well.

With the general image of this card in other RWS based decks, I often saw it as travels. But, I don't get that with this card. I instead just see coming from a dark place and moving towards better times inch by inch--till we finally make it to the rainbow. The rainbow is symbolic of a bridge getting you from darkness back into light. it is symbolic of a kind of healing too. And, after the 3, 4, and 5 of swords, the 6 is that final flight away from the troubles and the issues of those previous cards. it is when we can finally breathe a sigh of relief. It is over and we are moving forward where we will find once again some balance and harmony in our lives. we are moving out of the darkness into the light. its like becoming cleansed with hope and healing.

Yes, that is something that is beyond all worth with tarot.
When the cards confirm a meaning through life experience, that you have seen in a card...before hand...or even a totally new meaning.
Makes it ever so fresh and interesting.

Blessed healing to your friend Sulis. :love:
Sulis, what a card to receive in answer to your friends situation. I also send peaceful and healing wishes your friends way and will add her to my prayers.

Nickigirl

I don't have much to add. I like the interpretations you guys have given. I drew this as my card for today. Have been really down lately and got this card which means to me that I'm going to be getting better, that hopefully soon I'll be getting out of this mental slump. Lately my thoughts are all tumbling over one another in a big depressing mess and now I can look forward to some clarity.

crystalwings

This card looks like I have a sliced side view of a deep black hole where the rainbow forms a bridge from one side to the other. Light filtering through the rainbow disperses the darkness bringing enlightenment, hope, harmony and balance … sitting at the bottom with all these swords, I now have the option to heal. I also have a choice to which side of the rainbow bridge I want to climb to, back where I came from or into the future to find my pot of gold. This reminds me of the poem “Rainbow Bridge”… Moreover, the song “Look for me in Rainbows” An acceptance that were never alone… The curved lines in this card are less predictable than straight lines but they bring calm fluid moment.

Pixna

I drew this as my card for the day, and it was a joy to see it. I've had some work conflicts this past week, and this VI Swords gave me comfort that things will improve (and already are improving).

I see the swords as resting, exhausted and piled in a heap after the struggle of the V. They still feel surrounded by the darkness of the struggle and are ready to give up, give in, or just rest until they regain their composure and energy. But one sword is looking up -- it sees through the murky darkness to the truth, hope, and clarity ahead or above.

I, too, see this as a possible sliced side view of a hole the swords have fallen in. It looks like the lone sword is going to lead them out of the hole, out of the darkness, to the rainbow that awaits. As soon as everyone has recuperated, they will see it too. Or, perhaps, they already do and are forming a self-made ladder for each sword to climb a step up on and move toward clarity and light. If that is the case, there appears to be unity and cooperation taking place, with an understanding that getting along is the only way they will be able to move out of this dark place and reach the rainbow and light -- the beauty, joy, and better times that lie ahead.