Touchstone Tarot by Kat Black

Seeking1

Amazing!

I just received my copy of The Touchstone tarot today and I am awe struck.
It is a work of sheer artistic and intellectual beauty. I have spent the past four hours studying this deck. Words fail me. Kat has created a strikingly original work. She is to be applauded!

retrokat

morticia monroe said:
ETA: Unfortunately, I am the Anne Boleyn type. Like Anne, I would have foolishly fought him tooth and nail, realizing too late that I had pushed too far and ended up headless. It's something in my life I've really had to work on....

Ditto! My first fiery marriage was to a manic depressive musician. I guess luckily for me, he couldn't have my head cut off, so he just cut me off emotionally, dumping me suddenly after 10 yrs of marriage when I turned 30. Looking back, I think I under-achieved for years just so his ego wouldn't be dented.

Years later, I've discovered that there are men who aren't Henrys. Jasper is the sweetest, bounciest, happiest guy and so what caused fiery conflict with my first husband now expresses itself as productive enthusiasm. Our life together is still very full-on, but in a wonderful, productive, happy way. Jasper encourages me to do my best without feeling remotely threatened.

So yay for being Queens of Swords and Queens of Wands - and just finding a guy who can keep up with that :)

Too much information? :p

morticia monroe

retrokat said:
Ditto! My first fiery marriage was to a manic depressive musician. I guess luckily for me, he couldn't have my head cut off, so he just cut me off emotionally, dumping me suddenly after 10 yrs of marriage when I turned 30. Looking back, I think I under-achieved for years just so his ego wouldn't be dented.

Years later, I've discovered that there are men who aren't Henrys. Jasper is the sweetest, bounciest, happiest guy and so what caused fiery conflict with my first husband now expresses itself as productive enthusiasm. Our life together is still very full-on, but in a wonderful, productive, happy way. Jasper encourages me to do my best without feeling remotely threatened.

So yay for being Queens of Swords and Queens of Wands - and just finding a guy who can keep up with that :)

Too much information? :p

Very much the same for me,,married to a man whom it was not only foolish but dangerous to argue with,,but I just couldn't and wouldn't be pushed without pushing back. His own low self esteem wanted me to be even lower,,,

But I have my Kevin now and he encourages me in every way, loves to see me succeed, and calls me his Queen. I had no idea a relationship could be this good. Truly my best friend.

Your Jasper sounds wonderful as well.

All Is One

Morticia...you and me and the Anne Boleyn complex. We should write a book. When to just stop fighting and walk away?

Sounds like we have plenty of company...and probably many more not just women, but both genders who tried for too long and stuck in there and suddenly the wagon is waiting outside and a chopping block in your future. Your near future.

Retrokat said:

I have Andy now after looking through the ...well...the others...for decades. Kat has her Jasper, and Morticia has her Kevin.

And they...so lucky lucky lucky they are as well...they have us.

I wish this for everyone out there...a word to the wise: while you travel the troubled waters of romance, keep your wits about you and your head close to hand.

;) ;) ;)

Erzebet

OK now I'm truly depressed. I'm an Anne Boleyn too. Problem is I'm still with my Henry and I hear the wagon wheels on the stones outside :bugeyed: Maybe I'm younger and this magical man will appear later? I'm 29 and since about 18 I lost faith there is this magical best friend man out there. :(

That's really off topic. Listening to you all talk and chat about the 10 of Wands and Anne Of Cleves and how she relates to the meaning of the card....love it love it!!! This is the sort of thing that would bring this deck alive for me! I hope we all approach the deck even more in this way. I am very excited about that companion book :)

Kat regardless of any mans opinion I truly believe your one of the most brilliantly creative and talented woman I've ever met!

All Is One

Erzebet said:
I'm 29 and since about 18 I lost faith there is this magical best friend man out there.

Can't speak for anyone else...Morticia and Kat are fully able to tell their stories, and I hope they will...either here or on the "Watch Your Head" thread.

But for me, 30 was my huge white wedding to a 24 year old man who had chased me for over a year ...being my friend...etc.

When I say huge white wedding....I mean a literal "Queen Anne" collar and a 20 or foot train.

The ridiculous marriage lasted only a year and a half.

He said he wanted children and the minute...really...almost the minute. that we wed...suddenly "What, I never said I wanted kids!"

At the very least, Henry did want children. Want...need...hmmmmm.

He could not have ever had a happy life under that kind of pressure. But he sure did try! At great expense to all around him.

You are 29 and everything is about to begin for you, E!! I promise. I'm sure that this deck will help you find what you want and get it, but talking to other women will help just as much.

Can't go wrong talking to happily partnered women such as we are (at last) ...Morticia, Kat and me ;~)

Tell us your name if you like or pm me anytime.

retrokat

I was 36 and very happily single, living alone with my lovely cat, when I met Jasper (who was only 20). I think it was very important for me that I'd recovered, redeveloped some self esteem and didn't NEED a partner.

I never suspected that someone as buoyant, perky and fundamentally HAPPY as Jasper could exist until I met him. That was nearly six years ago, and we still haven't had a real argument!

Even if we hadn't met though, I was better off alone than with someone who made me feel as worthless as my first husband did. For the last 5 yrs of our marriage, he didn't say he loved me once. I'm not totally blaming him - I sort of let it happen I guess, I should have had the guts to clear out as soon as I realised he didn't love me like I loved him.

I guess this is all a bit off-topic, although not really when you consider how much my personal life has influenced my work.

Golden was created from 2000-2002 when emotionally I felt very much 'damaged goods'. It's a bit aloof.

Touchstone is a product of my current life - where I'm not afraid to have and express feelings, and I am a lot more trusting and open. I think it shows in the deck. They may be wearing clothes (very pretty clothes at that) but in some ways, these characters are totally exposed. You can see their emotions, their stories, their advice, written on their faces. That's a product of my life as it is now. I have the confidence to be exposed, to break down the walls that I'd built to protect myself.

Quester

Touchstone has so much to say and it is very easy to understand....she talks through expression instead of words.

All Is One

Retrokat said:
I guess this is all a bit off-topic, although not really when you consider how much my personal life has influenced my work.

At last we know the real secret behind everything.

Seeking1

Moths

If I missed a post on this please excuse me, but has anyone noticed the use of the moths in the suite of Swords?