First Spread!

shiresun

While I originally thought I might actually begin with a simple 3 card spread, I also came across a few interestingly creative spreads at the forum. As happened with my first moments after stepping over the threshold of this Path, I had no idea how or what I'd do until I got there.

I knew the actual question, because it was recommended in "Tarot Wisdom," but I also realized that there is often more to a spread than simply throwing down three cards in succession. Each position in the spread, I learned, often carries its own question.

I thought about the fact that I would be working with 8 cards. BUT, I also decided that I'd make #0 the significator - because I was the querent, and I have considered this part of my journey to be my own 'Seeker's Journey.' That gave me seven of the original eight to consider when deciding on the structure of the spread.

This was completely intuitive. I have not looked at many spreads so do not know about other seven card spreads. I wrote down seven questions, based on the original idea of 'What have I learned from these seven cards' with the recommended review of Level 1 as its foundation. With the questions before me I began to picture how the spread would look. Finally, I had it in my head, but it wasn't until I laid the cards upon the table that I actually really SAW it. It felt so right I was quite pleasantly surprised as well as pleased with the result.

Using the forum mapping, hopefully this will come out the way it ended up on the table:

Seven Card Spread plus Significator

******3******5******
***1*****0/7******2***
******6******4*******​

I wasn't sure how to show in the diagram that the significator was under Card 7.

I placed the Seeker (0) card in the center of the table, and then placed the 1 and 2 positions on either side, but spaced out so the cards above and below would line up (as seen above). Why I placed card 3 where I did, seemed logical, and keeping a symmetry, I placed card 4 diagonally opposite it on the bottom row, which led to card 5 being on the top row on the other side of the significator, and like wise, card six taking its place in the bottom row diagonally opposite 5 on the bottom row. This left card seven to lay upon the significator.

The questions for each card follow:

1. What have I learned from my work with these cards?
2. Where does my strength reside?
3. What areas need more work?
4. What do I understand most?
5. What puzzles me most?
6. How can I improve my studies?
7. Who is my greatest teacher?

Working on the actual reading to post in 'Your Readings'

rwcarter

shiresun,

Congrats on creating your first spread! It's a slippery slope from here! :laugh:

:thumbsup:

Rodney

shiresun

Thank you Rodney! I can sing 'Slip sliding away' while I'm tumbling down that slope :D I look very forward to it.

Peace,

Shire

Tarot Orat

I like this very much! I'll be using it tonight :)

shiresun

Thank you Tarot Orat :) I look forward to hearing how it went.