Lo Scarabeo Rider Waite Smith 2008 edition

gregory

For what it's worth, I'm in Melbourne, Australia and I've never seen the edition in the brownish box with the Fool. I've only ever seen the flowery blue one in my local shops. I don't have it (and maybe I should get it).
I never have either - but the LoS site shows only the cream box, and lists it as out of stock. Amazon, abe etc all show the brown one now.

foolMoon

I have a copy of The Golden Universal Tarot and a couple of TdM decks from Lo Scarabeo, and do like them very much.

I have never seen this deck especially in that box, but it looks nice. Thanks for sharing Le Fanu.

Emily

I have quite a few Lo Scarabeo decks and the one thing they seem to get consistently right is the cardstock. The majority of their decks are the same size and the cardstock and lamination are always perfect. I have never had a badly cut, misprinted or lost cards with any of the LoScarabeo decks but I have with other deck publishers. Also, as Le Fanu said, you tend not to notice the multi-lingual titles.

I might have to get a back-up of this deck is they are going to be hard to get a hold of. :)

Le Fanu

I have quite a few Lo Scarabeo decks and the one thing they seem to get consistently right is the cardstock.
It was only today that I truly took note of the fact that, on the bottom of this newer box (see picture) it says Printed in Belgium. I wonder if LoS decks are actually printed in Belgium and not Turin? The cardstock of this deck is just like all other LoS decks so it made me wonder. It does have that smoothy texture of other printed in Belgium decks from U.S Games, even though the size is different.

What I mostly see for sale now here (in Europe) is the brown box one.

ETA; the only suppliers of the cream and blue wheatsheaf box that I have been able to find is an ebay seller in Poland.

seedcake

ETA; the only suppliers of the cream and blue wheatsheaf box that I have been able to find is an ebay seller in Poland.

That's true. 'Cause this case made me curious, I saw the white box in the offer of one of Polish online stores. They're selling the brown box edition too. It's even cheaper.

RiccardoLS

There is obviously some "behind the scenes".
However, for this deck, LS is just a distributor and not a publisher.

Ric

Le Fanu

Thank you for dropping by, Ric. I understand your not being able to say much more.

Am I right in thinking the creamy, wheatsheaf 1st edition box is being phased out?

But it's a lovely edition.

Shade

That Stuart Kaplan and his evil machinations strike again!

Essence of Winter

I have one of these in the brown box. The colouring seems quite similar to my purple box edition and older yellow box edition and not too dissimilar to my blue box editions. It's a nice deck but I do find it hard to get used to the multilingual translations as I'm not used to those in any Rider deck.

garmonbozia

I just purchased this deck (brown box) recently and am trying to figure out if it coincides with a particular original printing (Pam A, B, C, or D).

Does anyone know?

Someone told me there was a LoS deck of the Pam B deck and I am trying to figure out if this one is it.

I've actually been trying to figure out which RWS printings match up with those original printing designations (Pam A, B, etc...) and I simply cannot find a resource that mentions this at all, which surprises me.

Or are modern printings simply not repros of any of those decks?