3 of Hearts + Nine of Swords

MagicMilk

Anybody know about the combination of 3 of hearts and nine of swords? I got this for the "future position" in a larger read. The question was of a certain romantic date I am going on tonight. I was disturbed to see the combination of a very positive card and a very ..ominous card. I don't know what to think! I welcome any advice , insights! Thank you.

rwcarter

You might have too much fun/too much to drink (3C) and then worry about the impression you made on your date (9S).

MagicMilk

ooo..good eye..I have been one to embarrass myself.

MagicMilk

I just did another reading, trying to clarify, and I got ace of cups + death, which, according to some websites, means ..death of loneliness..meeting a soul mate type partner. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Mystavi

I hope this can help you. It's the translation (with the help of my Irish wife) of the final synthesis sense of the analysis of the Three of hearts and the Nine of swords in my book "the Mysteries of the tarot de Vieville, decoding an esoteric tarot of the XVII century", the second part about the minor arcans.

Three of hearts :
"In the triangle of the three cups the plant designes the chalice of life which contains the fecond power of opposites, and the continuous movement of creation, the "generatio", the force of regeneration. Here is expressed the creative power which concieved the world."

Nine of swords :
"Through a struggle coloured by authoritarism, the Nine of swords reveals the difficulty of relationships with others in particular, and with the world in general. The domination of a cold strategy suffocates the heart's generosity creating a fatal chain of events where the control of events becomes uncertain.

WalesWoman

You could have too much fun and not get any sleep tonight... worry perhaps, what did I say, what did I do, oh god! or just not get any sleep... or waking up in the morning thinking pretty much the same thing.

those other two cards ...still sounds like a really good time, some say Death might refer to the 'little death' associated with climactic pleasure, which would explain the 9 Swords of losing sleep.

Grizabella

Looks like having a lot of fun, drinking too much, (enough for three people) and having the grand-daddy of all hangovers to show for it.

MagicMilk

Well, I'm back from the date, and it was horrible. It was a total flop..I did experience social activity, which made sense in the whole "death of loneliness" thing but..wow..it was a terrible date. I see where the 9 of swords comes in now..

MagicMilk

Also, it ended up being a three person date (weird) , by accident, which I think was quite literally the three of cups.