Legacy of the Divine Tarot - 4 of Coins

PAMUYA

When I look into the Four of Coins I see Scrooge, holding onto his money so tightly. This is a card of material gain either earned, or from an inheritance, but with no emotional or spiritual gain. Without the wisdom to help you manage your money you may spend it all or hoard it. Another thought is, you do not want to lose what you have gained, so you become preoccupied with protecting your money, having no fun and perhaps even losing your friends in the process. This card is telling you to let go of greed and selfishness, you may lose some money but gain happiness. This card may also indicate you are clinging to the past, and the past must be put behind you, live for today.

The Beatle song "Can't Buy Me Love", well you can't buy happiness either. This card reminds me that happiness is a state of mind, it cannot be bought or given to you through someone else.

I have been taught that this card can represent coming into money, but this card shows he has it, and cherishes it. So to me, you already have what you need, what you seek is beyond the material.

Direct Misery, hanging onto what you have, not letting go, ungenerous nature, love of power and money, fear of loss.

Reversed: Extravagance, prepared to take risks, able to show emotions, release, letting go of power.

Attachments

• my 4 of Coins.jpg
    my 4 of Coins.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 164

prettywicked

I have nothing else left to say, you pretty much covered up what I was already thinking. :)

tarotlaura

Out of the whole deck this is the one card that I wish to avoid...now watch I'll pull this card tomorrow in my daily draw. :D This character looks right at you saying 'you can't take it, it's mine. Just go ahead and try.' So, I'd just rather leave him and his horde alone.

Yes, he is definitely a miser and possibly friendless as well. That saying that you can't take it with you when you go, he doesn't think that it applies to him. He'll horde his riches til the end.

This card to me is definitely about greed and selfishness and normally under most circumstances I don't mind this card but this card is just one of those that I choose not to dwell on too long. It's just this particular 4 of coins. There is something about him that freaks me out. None of the other cards in the deck do this to me. Just that one. maybe once I can get past the freak factor I can look at this card more closely.

-Laura

PAMUYA

You have to admit that his outfit is beautiful, I just love green.

colinmcq

4 coins

hi there the first thing that i saw when i looked at the card was, wait for it Freddy Cruger, sly not wanting to part with things and an evil sort of character yeah all the other things that goes with the card as well you have said it sassy...

JSNYC

The only way I can talk about this card is to address how I view the entire suit of Coins. First, I appreciate that Ciro discarded Waite's label for this suit. There is no other physical Symbol, especially in our society, more powerful than money or Coins. Money symbolizes the basis of our world, the basis of our lives, success, failure, and most importantly, power, control, security, and the prospects for our life and our future.

Thus, in my opinion, Coins is often a Symbol not to be interpreted literally. Although the man in 4 of Coins may be clinging onto Coins, he is really clinging to security. The concrete image for Coins can be many things; a belief system, a way of thinking, ideals or principles, a relationship or especially a co-dependant relationship, or any pysical object of security, especially money and financial security.

The 4 of Coins is clinging to security, it is clinging to the raft for dear life. Sometimes this is necessary or an unavoidable response to turbulent times, but the risk is that it is often taken too far and becomes a detrimental obsession, which can lead to the selfish miser.

Bellsy

four of coins

I get this card a lot regarding a new partner, and he is not tight with his money at all, quite the oppisite. Could it not sometimes mean feelings as well, holding back and been selfish to others trying to love you. bit like the four of cups

JSNYC

Bellsy said:
I get this card a lot regarding a new partner, and he is not tight with his money at all, quite the oppisite. Could it not sometimes mean feelings as well, holding back and been selfish to others trying to love you. bit like the four of cups
I absolutely agree! That is why I wanted to distiguish this card from actual money. Coins is the Symbol, not necessarily the "object" (although it can be).

Practicing Human

I love the way this card in this particular deck conveys the meaning of the 4 of Coins. It definitely gives the standard vibe of a miserly gentleman, but what this particular deck conveys in this card unlike the others is that sense of ostentation.

The expression and body language of the man is obviously that of greed, stinginess, unwilling to share or give up any of his wealth, but he does not hide it. He seems proud to show that he has these large coins, that they are his and no one else's and that they will not be anyone else's. He is showing off these coins to taunt the viewer. He is even well dressed and his eye has that glint that hopes we want what he has, and he will even take delight in our covetous jealousy.

Ceste

The expression and body language of the man is obviously that of greed, stinginess, unwilling to share or give up any of his wealth, but he does not hide it. He seems proud to show that he has these large coins, that they are his and no one else's and that they will not be anyone else's. He is showing off these coins to taunt the viewer. He is even well dressed and his eye has that glint that hopes we want what he has, and he will even take delight in our covetous jealousy.

Thank you! When I look at this card I just couldn't figure it out exactly. The word taunting is perfect! "You can look but don't touch"