Mary El Tarot - The World

Bat Chicken

http://www.mary-el.com/21.html

This is the goddess Nut to me. She is the Sky, covered in stars and planets and on her belly the Tree of Life pattern appears as stars.

Wikipedia said:
Nut was the goddess of the sky and all heavenly bodies, a symbol of protecting the dead when they enter the after life. According to the Egyptians, during the day, the heavenly bodies—such as the sun and moon—would make their way across her body. Then, at dusk, they would be swallowed, pass through her belly during the night, and be reborn at dawn.[13]

Nut is also the barrier separating the forces of chaos from the ordered cosmos in the world. She was pictured as a woman arched on her toes and fingertips over the earth; her body portrayed as a star-filled sky. Nut’s fingers and toes were believed to touch the four cardinal points or directions of north, south, east, and west.

The sense of coming full circle is reflected in her movement, her dance. She is fully formed, fully expressed, Earth meeting Heaven.

Thoughts?

And that’s the Majors…. Don’t forget the there is a general discussion thread for overall thoughts on the majors or any other part of this deck! Next we do the Aces….

Requiella

In looking at The World, one is often tempted to revisit The Fool. In this deck, what is striking to me is the reappearance of blue and orange. Several of us touched on the use of blue and orange dragons in the Fool, and their elemental associations. Whereas blue and orange, or water and fire, surround the Fool, they are part of the World: her body is blue and her hair has orange tones. To me, in the context of the Fool's journey, this communicates the ideal of a mature integration of these opposite aspects into the self by the time we reach the World.

Bat Chicken

Interesting... The colours go from the 'idea' the Fool is working with to dominating the scene.

crystalwings

Mary El The World

When I look at this card I see the mother of creation starring back at me. The womb bursting with stars/wishes yet to be born. As she holds down the night sky, veil of our unconscious thoughts, our dreams and wishes filter through to our conscious mind still veiled, not actual producing nothing. Here those thoughts and dreams worthy of exploration come to life flying into the world on the wings of doves.

Thoughts from an intuitive reader, if only symbolism is communicated in this thread please let me know

Blessings Cristalwings

Bat Chicken

I'm, personally, up for all thoughts, crystalwings!
Really, they aren't far apart.... :)