Emperor for Timing

Tryska

Hi y'all. So i had a pretty intense conversation with soemone last week. (it was a week for intense conversations) and i needed to disengage for a bit. Well the other day i sent them a text asking if they want to get together. I haven't heard from them at all.

So i threw 1 card and asking "when will I hear from so and so"

I got the emperor.

Now i normally see major arcana as pretty quick acting as time cards - either hours or days, if that. I don't expect in this situation that I'm not going to hear from them again until next Spring.

As I was researching I began to wonder if maybe this was an advise card or something. Whether it was telling me i will (or won't hear from them) or perhaps there was soemthing I needed to do, or not do in regards to this situation. I've read on it a little bit this weekend, and the emperor has been coming up in various positions. I'm not sure what to make of it.

I will say that the intense conversation solidified some things, and where we left off before going incommunicado is a deepening of the relationship. I even think the last words I heard might have been "love you" on his part. I don't know i might be making that up tho - we were in a rush.

starrystarrynight

I stink on ice on timing questions, but sometimes, when a card comes up, I wonder if it is saying X will happen when "meaning" of card happens.

So, for the Emperor, I would guess it might mean that you will hear from "X" when "X" is able to feel he is in control and "adult" enough in his life to be able to deal with the issues you have between you. Or something like that??

But that is just a thought. As I said, I am uncomfortable with timing questions.

Tryska

well that's what I'm wondering too. Whether the card was offering a deeper suggestion then just 4 hours (didn't happen), 4 days, or next spring.

and your right - maybe x does have to stabilize first. I wondered maybe it was referring to me, because i tried to embody the gentle, yet structured emperor in our conversation.

The crowned one

At his convenience, as suggested, and with no regard to it being a good time for you. (or bad for that matter)

Tryska

The crowned one said:
At his convenience, as suggested, and with no regard to it being a good time for you. (or bad for that matter)

hmm...this kinda makes him sound like a jackass. I can see it being when he has the time to talk - which is hardly ever, while we are both at work. But i think i can be fairly confident I will be getting a response - the emperor tends to be like that, imo. Faces responsibilities head on, as it were.

Pao

starrystarrynight said:
I stink on ice on timing questions, but sometimes, when a card comes up, I wonder if it is saying X will happen when "meaning" of card happens.

So, for the Emperor, I would guess it might mean that you will hear from "X" when "X" is able to feel he is in control and "adult" enough in his life to be able to deal with the issues you have between you. Or something like that??

to me this is the case. when will X happen? when blank and blank happens. or you might want to check the astrological correspondences. Once I got a major card asking when something would happen and i checked th sign it fell under and it happened that month. that was very cool :D rare but cool!

Sophie

You asked a closed question - "When" am I going to hear from so and so. Until you've established that you are, there's no point asking a timing question. You need to establish first whether you will hear back from them or not, and whether they will address your suggestion of getting together (that's 2 separate questions). My reading of the Emperor in that context is -"in his own sweet time. He's in charge of what he does and wants to be king of the chase" (or she, if the person is female).

If you establish you will hear from them - that's when you can ask a timing question.

poivre

I don't use Major cards for timing but in my notes I have...
4 weeks.

I'm married to an Aries, which I use as the Emperor and if it was
him...he would call when he darn well felt like it...and if he wanted
to be nasty, he'd wait longer, just to tick me off! :D
(but I know his tricks now!!!) :D

Good Luck!
I'll be anxious to see what happens.

ros
:)

Tryska

Fudugazi said:
You asked a closed question - "When" am I going to hear from so and so. Until you've established that you are, there's no point asking a timing question. You need to establish first whether you will hear back from them or not, and whether they will address your suggestion of getting together (that's 2 separate questions). My reading of the Emperor in that context is -"in his own sweet time. He's in charge of what he does and wants to be king of the chase" (or she, if the person is female).

If you establish you will hear from them - that's when you can ask a timing question.

well see i didn't want to use a yes/no question. Do you have a good way of wording a "will I hear from so and so?" question that takes it out of yes/no world?

Melanchollic

Tryska said:
well see i didn't want to use a yes/no question. Do you have a good way of wording a "will I hear from so and so?" question that takes it out of yes/no world?

Hi Tryska,

I wouldn't avoid yes/no questions. They are easier, and I dare say more accurate. If we can correctly answer even just yes/no questions, we are doing something quite remarkable.

As for your Emperor. Heard from him(?) yet?

I too see this card as very fixed, stable, unmoving. This may indicate the situation is not moving - 'time' is sitting comfy on his throne.

:love: M